Contract work in Australia

Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road
Default Contract work in Australia

Hello
I am currently employed, but cutting down my hours (family commitments) I was thinking about getting a ABN number and working for myself and charging my current employer (and any others) for my time. As my turnover will be under $50k I was thinking I could then take advantage of the 25% Tax discount. Can anyone see any problems with this?? I would be doing bookkeeping / BAS work. I know I would not get the superannuation paid by my employer, but the chargeout rate would make up for that.
Also is there anything else I need to think about? insurance maybe? disclaimers?
Thanks in advance for any response.....
Hafan
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:34 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contract work in Australia

Originally Posted by Hafan
Hello
I am currently employed, but cutting down my hours (family commitments) I was thinking about getting a ABN number and working for myself and charging my current employer (and any others) for my time. As my turnover will be under $50k I was thinking I could then take advantage of the 25% Tax discount. Can anyone see any problems with this?? I would be doing bookkeeping / BAS work. I know I would not get the superannuation paid by my employer, but the chargeout rate would make up for that.
Also is there anything else I need to think about? insurance maybe? disclaimers?
Thanks in advance for any response.....
Hafan

I searched for same info sometimes back and this is what I have gathered..

You need an insurance. Also should have the membership from one of the following.. NIA, CPA, CA

I have sent you a PM asking for some information.
thx