Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

CIMA advice needed re skills assesment

CIMA advice needed re skills assesment

Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough
Default CIMA advice needed re skills assesment

Hi i'm a newby
i've been watching for a few weeks and seen how helpful everyone is, and wondering if someone out there could give me some advice.
I am ACMA Cima accountant and i am puting the information together for my skills assesment, for ICAA, how detail does your CV need to be, is a standard Cv enough or does it have to detail all your duties, the same for your employers reference, Many thanks
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIMA advice needed re skills assesment

I'm FCA and, as I don't have a current CV, I asked the ICAA if they really needed a CV - and they said they didn't. So I didn't submit one, neither did I submit an employer reference to the ICAA, and I passed with no problem. Try emailing them, they are helpful.

The employer reference I did for the visa (136) details my 5 main duties as the checklist indicated it should. Remains to be seen whether that is good enough as I've not got a caseworker yet though.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just sent mine off, they say they need a cv on the form, but are just asking for it to ensure you are still in the same line of job. It is not necessary for the skills assessment.

all i sent was a certified copy of certificate, letter of good standing, and exam results (taook ages to get it all from CIMA)

you get a login from the ICAA as well to track your application progress

sent min off 2 weeks ago and not had in back, still in progress, should be 4 weeks in total
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough

I will give them an email,
thanks for the advice
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:24 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I'm an FCMA, now living in Perth, and I got my assessment in 10 days. Please feel free to PM me and I'll help as much as I can.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I'm an FCMA, now living in Perth, and I got my assessment in 10 days. Please feel free to PM me and I'll help as much as I can.
many thanks
sunshine girl will pm
thankyou everyone for the advice
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

just to let you know i sent my application off on the 28th Feb and got it back today 24th march, not bad
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi
just waiting for CIMa to send my documents then will be sending off, I emailed ICAA and they were very helpful and replied in 2 days, lets hope CIMA are as quick