Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Night Auditors in Australia & NZ

Night Auditors in Australia & NZ

Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:42 am
Just Joined

noosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Night Auditors in Australia & NZ

I was wondering if the skill shortage being spoken of in both Australia and NZ includes night auditors at hotels and resorts. I am presently a bookkeeper using Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have about 2 years experience as a night auditor and 3 years in alternative investments back office.

I notice, in the case of Australia, that despite jobs going vacant, when one contacts the recruiters in response to the job vacant ad, there is always a disclaimer the applicant must be a perm. resident or hold a working holiday visa. If workers are so in demand, why doesn't the gov't drop that requirement and let recruiters sponsor workers? Are there any recruiters who have sponsorship status?

Is it also so bureaucratic in NZ?

What do night auditors make in each country? Thank you.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:15 am
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Night Auditors in Australia & NZ

Originally Posted by noosa
I was wondering if the skill shortage being spoken of in both Australia and NZ includes night auditors at hotels and resorts. I am presently a bookkeeper using Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have about 2 years experience as a night auditor and 3 years in alternative investments back office.

I notice, in the case of Australia, that despite jobs going vacant, when one contacts the recruiters in response to the job vacant ad, there is always a disclaimer the applicant must be a perm. resident or hold a working holiday visa. If workers are so in demand, why doesn't the gov't drop that requirement and let recruiters sponsor workers? Are there any recruiters who have sponsorship status?

Is it also so bureaucratic in NZ?

What do night auditors make in each country? Thank you.
I think it is good for the government of Oz to require people to have a PR or at least a work visa otherwise, any Tom, Dick and Harry will be flooding the market, especially from third world countries as is happening in Singapore,where the market is flooded with all these FTs (foreign talents as they call them) and that has depressed salaries at least by 30% as compared to what they should be. I can let you have a good guess as what the end results might be if the same happens in Australia.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Night Auditors in Australia & NZ

Originally Posted by noosa

"Accountant" is a skilled occupation in demand (and hence eligible for migration) but "Book-keeper" is not.