Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:22 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I used the torch to cut the square piece out of a bigger sheet of steel, then I drilled the holes and welded the tube to it. The square piece will be bolted to a trailer tongue and the jack will mount on the tube with a pin. The tube was supposed to be welded directly to the trailer per the instructions but my neighbor wanted it to be removeable. So now the plate can be unbolted and the whole assembly removed.

Glad you asked, I bet!
A bit handy then? Haven't really a clue what you said but I'm very impressed and its practical
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

That's because it's Texas!

BTW, I remembered that a guy I know on another board lives in Conroe. But he calls it Cornhole.
Cornhole (at least here) is a game. Quite popular - played kind of like horseshoes.

They have tournaments, etc - it's a hanging out in your backyard with drinks and friends on a hot summer day kind of thing.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...monlede20.html
Attached Thumbnails Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome-travel_home.jpg  
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:25 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well now you mention it...Sheffield was also the cutlery capital of the world. That's what my grandfather's company made.
Well I always thought that
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:30 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Cornhole (at least here) is a game. Quite popular - played kind of like horseshoes.

They have tournaments, etc - it's a hanging out in your backyard with drinks and friends on a hot summer day kind of thing.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...monlede20.html
Talk about regional differences! Here, and in Conroe apparently, it's another word for an excrement exit orifice!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about regional differences! Here, and in Conroe apparently, it's another word for an excrement exit orifice!!
Trust me - I was a bit scared when I looked for an image!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:34 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
A bit handy then? Haven't really a clue what you said but I'm very impressed and its practical
Impressed eh?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:34 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Trust me - I was a bit scared when I looked for an image!
I bet!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I was thinking Beavis and Butthead

I thought they were ficional characters till I came here
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Sorry to butt in but I've just spent the last hour reading the thread (all 41 pages) and had to say that its the bestest biggest most superior thread and my laugh was the biggest and longest in the whole universe...
right on baby, your the bestest, if you can read 41 pages. WOW!

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally
Yeah I was thinking Beavis and Butthead

I thought they were ficional characters till I came here
Nope, they're real live people!

That reminds me of when I heard the Spice Girls first when I was living in Europe. NO WAY that crap will make it over to the US I thought ...

Then I got home and turned on the radio.
Attached Thumbnails Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome-beavisbutthead-711924.jpg  
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Nope, they're real live people!

That reminds me of when I heard the Spice Girls first when I was living in Europe. NO WAY that crap will make it over to the US I thought ...

Then I got home and turned on the radio.
Lol B and B are great

Never could stand the Spice Girls
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:39 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Lol B and B are great

Never could stand the Spice Girls
But your avatar tells me that you are obviously a style guru for dear old Posh.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jumping doris
But your avatar tells me that you are obviously a style guru for dear old Posh.
I'm smiling!

And don't have one leg stuck out to the side!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:14 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad the Cheeky Girls and Sugababes haven't crossed the cultural divide.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I'm just glad the Cheeky Girls and Sugababes haven't crossed the cultural divide.
Yes indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.