Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

ferryfax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

EB3 rest of the world was Aug 2001 then in May jumped to Aug 2003 then in June went to 2005 then current in July.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:12 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure about this information? only no offence but even the official web sites told us everything was current and its only a few days ago when we all found out that this wasn't the case and that they had changed their minds so to speak and that nothing was going to happen until October 07 and even then we still don't know if we've even got a chance to get the visa numbers for the GC.

check out this article that I found in NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/us/04visas.html

Last edited by lisag8070; Jul 10th 2007 at 2:15 am.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:19 am
Just Joined

ferryfax is an unknown quantity at this point

None taken, I'm just going by the monthly visa bulletins available here.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:40 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best when October rolls around, if not, looks like we're packing our bags and going home!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:42 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Basically all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best when October rolls around
which year though, sorry its obviously got to me

if not, looks like we're packing our bags and going home!
I'm looking at Oz or up north from here (going backs not an option in my book)
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:33 pm
Last orders please...

Yep we have to go home to good ol blighty, the weather may be crap but the exchange rate between the dollar and pound definately works in our favour and we can both work (my husbands on H1b and I've got the H4) which means two incomes (whooppee) maybe next year we can actually afford that holiday instead of just dreaming about it..
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:36 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we have to go home to good ol blighty, the weather may be crap but the exchange rate between the dollar and pound definately works in our favour and we can both work (my husbands on H1b and I've got the H4) which means two incomes (whooppee) maybe next year we can actually afford that holiday instead of just dreaming about it..
Why do you have to go back? Eventually you will get your G/C.
They should start calling it a golden card.

Our big concern are our eldest daughters. They could reach age 21 before we can file our AOS if retrogression strikes the EB2's in Oct.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:03 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you guys. I seemed to be stuck in 485 limbo for ages too.

Don't give up. I hate seeing people throw in the towel. You don't know what's around the corner. Hang in there just a little bit longer.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:33 pm
Last orders please...

our problem is that our H1b runs out in Dec 07 so if we don't get the GC before then were outta here as our lovely Lawyer tells us, I've got to admit I'm at the point now where I don't care about staying in America, its not that great, unfortunately we've built a life here and our daughter is at school here, but what can you do? were at the mercy of the government.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:38 pm
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

our problem is that our H1b runs out in Dec 07 so if we don't get the GC before then were outta here as our lovely Lawyer tells us, I've got to admit I'm at the point now where I don't care about staying in America, its not that great, unfortunately we've built a life here and our daughter is at school here, but what can you do? were at the mercy of the government.
Same thing here. I'm on an L1 which can't be indefinitely extended like the H1-b can in certain circumstances.

I've just about had enough of it too. The uncertainty of it all is a real pain, I don't know where I'll be living or working this time next year. The U.S. will lose a lot of hard working talented people to other countries, but by the time they realize that, it'll be too late for me.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:58 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I just feel we were so close and now who knows in October. If there is a lot of retrogression we may have to throw the towel in, too.
It is so hard to keep building a life here knowing that it's built on sand.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I just feel we were so close and now who knows in October. If there is a lot of retrogression we may have to throw the towel in, too.
It is so hard to keep building a life here knowing that it's built on sand.
True words me dear.

But lisag8070 should be able to renew the Hib indefinitely though? Our lawyers have led us to belive that we can just keep on renewing annually until the 485 is approved. Is that not true, have they beem leading us up the garden path again????? We have the i-140 approval does that make a difference? Help?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:34 am
Who?

Originally Posted by Adnams
True words me dear.

But lisag8070 should be able to renew the Hib indefinitely though? Our lawyers have led us to belive that we can just keep on renewing annually until the 485 is approved. Is that not true, have they beem leading us up the garden path again????? We have the i-140 approval does that make a difference? Help?
My impression is that you can renew H1B's indefinately at the moment.
Who knows what will happen in October.
As I said before they should start calling it the Golden Card.
Or 'The Rarer then Hens Teeth " card.
Or 'The is it bloody worth it" card.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:34 am
Last orders please...

Ain't that the truth, they are going to lose a lot of hard working people and when they eventually do sort themselves out nobody's going to want to come and work here, especially when you know the rug can be pulled out from under your feet at any time!. Anyway I could bitch about this all day but unfortunately thats not going to change anything.
I hope everything works out for you all (and me too).
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything new.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:39 am
Last orders please...

Oh and about renewing the H1B indefinately sorry but thats a NO (and that was from the Lawyers mouth) trust me that was the first question I asked, silly me hey, I thought it would be OK about the GC because I honestly thought the same thing, but that hope was squashed pretty damn quickly.
We were lead to believe that once you have your I-140 approved you could file an extention on your H1B for another 3 years, but again I'm sorry but they keep changing the rules on us so please check with your Lawyer as each person's case is different.

Last edited by lisag8070; Jul 11th 2007 at 12:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.