Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:14 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Just an update, my daughter is definately up for the move Now, we just need to convince her boyfriend. If they go then I'm sure my son will be happier with the move.

Mandy
thats fantastic mate.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Damn right it is (I'm hubby by the way and miss Aus more than you can believe)

Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom

Ahhh you must come to the sunshine coast then and you and my husband can compare notes!!

anyway, what you waiting for, get that bloody house on the market
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you

Plug the boyfriends toenails into one of them Cummins gens - he'll soon see sense.

Made up for you mate
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

Scrawni

That is fantastic news

When are you going to discuss the subject with your son?

Good luck mate

Michelle
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
I believe you

Plug the boyfriends toenails into one of them Cummins gens - he'll soon see sense.

Made up for you mate

has scrawni's hubbie got a boyfriend then!!!???? jeeeeez as if corrie and emerdale isnt enough at the moment
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

RooksieJ get with it I had a deep discussion with them both last night and it transpires that his parents are moving but he wants to stay with our daughter and was thinking about asking to move in with us

Sooo, you can see where my thoughts are now heading.......he said he will go (hopefully long enough for our daughter to get citizenship). He also said that if we go then they will more than likely come with us

I cannot believe the change of heart, when we went the first time she said there was no way she could live there, ever. She now feels that she has little to look forward to here and that if we go then she really needs to get citizenship at least.

As for my son, i'm a chicken so I think I will leave that up to the hubbie.....(who seems to be stalking my posts so I had better be careful ).

We both loved the sunshine coast but there doesn't seem to be many jobs that way. Hubbie could get a job in Cairns easier and his best mate is a Regional manager on the Gold Coast so I think it will be one of those areas.

Bix, I have been replying to Gills emails but I don't think she is getting them. Tell her to try sending one to my works email instead.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:19 pm

RooksieJ get with it I had a deep discussion with them both last night and it transpires that his parents are moving but he wants to stay with our daughter and was thinking about asking to move in with us

Sooo, you can see where my thoughts are now heading.......he said he will go (hopefully long enough for our daughter to get citizenship). He also said that if we go then they will more than likely come with us

I cannot believe the change of heart, when we went the first time she said there was no way she could live there, ever. She now feels that she has little to look forward to here and that if we go then she really needs to get citizenship at least.

As for my son, i'm a chicken so I think I will leave that up to the hubbie.....(who seems to be stalking my posts so I had better be careful ).

We both loved the sunshine coast but there doesn't seem to be many jobs that way. Hubbie could get a job in Cairns easier and his best mate is a Regional manager on the Gold Coast so I think it will be one of those areas.

Bix, I have been replying to Gills emails but I don't think she is getting them. Tell her to try sending one to my works email instead.

oh NOW i get it i know where youre coming from on the job from on SC it is a worry. we will also be checking out GC and would you believe we have considered cairns on more than one occasion!!! bixie very nearly twisted my arm last year
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say that I loved Cairns. When I looked around just before we head back to the uk, I nearly bottled out! I loved the relaxed lifestyle, the people and the areas of natural beauty that literally took my breath away.

We aclimatised really well, you get used to the humidity to a certain degree. It's not built up like brisbane and the gold coast and is much more of a town. The area is full of different nationalities because of the reef and its tourists and it had a sense of fun about it too. I suppose that's why we liked the sunshine coast too because of it relaxed lifestyle. Alot of people dismiss Cairns but for me, it beats alot of places hands down.

Our friends however moved to the gold coast and there is no way they would go to Cairns as they think it is too 'hicksville' for them. Each to their own I suppose, why not try and get an internal flight and take a look if you are undecided?

Mandy
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:34 pm

I can honestly say that I loved Cairns. When I looked around just before we head back to the uk, I nearly bottled out! I loved the relaxed lifestyle, the people and the areas of natural beauty that literally took my breath away.

We aclimatised really well, you get used to the humidity to a certain degree. It's not built up like brisbane and the gold coast and is much more of a town. The area is full of different nationalities because of the reef and its tourists and it had a sense of fun about it too. I suppose that's why we liked the sunshine coast too because of it relaxed lifestyle. Alot of people dismiss Cairns but for me, it beats alot of places hands down.

Our friends however moved to the gold coast and there is no way they would go to Cairns as they think it is too 'hicksville' for them. Each to their own I suppose, why not try and get an internal flight and take a look if you are undecided?

Mandy
its funny because before we headed back hubbie wanted to go up to cairns just to see if i could be persuaded to stay but i didnt want to
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

STALKING? WHO'S STALKING

ha ha ha

Hey its the only way we can talk at the mo with me on shifts

Hey RooksieJ Cairns is a great place, the peeps are laid back and honest, not uptight and don't care about anything but a cold beer. The town is easy to get around and has some superb night life.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:36 am

STALKING? WHO'S STALKING

ha ha ha

Hey its the only way we can talk at the mo with me on shifts

Hey RooksieJ Cairns is a great place, the peeps are laid back and honest, not uptight and don't care about anything but a cold beer. The town is easy to get around and has some superb night life.
oh crap dont tell him that, i have to keep him shackled as it is!! he does like to
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
oh crap dont tell him that, i have to keep him shackled as it is!! he does like to

Told you so
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Told you so
we have been researching mate but he is worried about finding work
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
we have been researching mate but he is worried about finding work
I know that's a worry.
Same worry as these people have trying to find a plumber

http://www.jobs.careerone.com.au/js....romSearch.y=11

Ask Whinging Pom if he thinks there are any plumbing jobs here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.