Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

A positive H&R thread for a change lol ;)

A positive H&R thread for a change lol ;)

Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice
Default Re: A positive H&R thread for a change lol ;)

Originally Posted by farjojo71
I really don't post on here that much any more because of the constant squabbling but I finally decided to. My OH works at H&R and has done for 9 months....and is very HAPPY with them!! Shocking news I know but maybe opinions need to be balanced out.

I stayed back in the UK for just over 7 months whilst my OH started work with H&R....mainly because I worried about things after reading so much negative stuff about them. In the whole 9 months, my OH has had 2 blips with differences in opinion with his dispatcher....this has now been sorted with a change of fleet. He also gets regular good miles too and does not spend days sitting around for loads. I have been here with the children for 5 weeks....and my OH has been away for 2 1/2 weeks of that time....but that was our choice. We discussed this back in the UK and we knew that he would have to stay out for weeks at a time as I cant work until the youngest goes to school. This may not suit every family like it does for us....this is not the kind of job to get if you want to be home every weekend, not if you want to make money. Luckily for us I guess but I am quite capable of looking after myself and I don't need my OH home every weekend robbing all the bed

Anyway, no doubt some people will assume that my OH sucks up etc because he is happy at H&R but the last time I checked, my hubby's nose was a peachy/pink colour with no trace of a hint of brown I may be shaking my pom poms for H&R but they really have not shafted my OH in any orifice since he has been here.

Anyway, I've said my bit. The can of worms is now open for business
i have been with H&R for more than 2 years now,they are as good as anybody else if not better,if you can do the job "do it" some that cant do it start blaming H&R on these forums,i dont have brown stuff on my nose and my orifice is still used only for what it was put there for.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

so far so good for us too... no complaints.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Red1974
so far so good for us too... no complaints.
Your mate is complaining though, isn't he Chris, or has he been paid layover for his extended breakdown?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

My positives for H&R...

They get us over there quickly.

They sort the paperwork/medicals out quickly.

Our full time truck was clean and comfortable, also very reliable (but not the tri-pac).

They paid all my mileage accurately (contrary to some who say they were fiddled).

Unfortunately, the negatives outweighed the positives for me.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Mick its Tina actually. Chris does not subscribe on here.

Not sure who you refer to but would not comment any way even if i did as i don't like to speak for others so maybe if you are after more 'negative' feedback you need to speak to someone else.

As strange as it was to read, however, glad to see you are able to find some positives in your reply as i was beginning to think you were completely consumed only by negatives........ take it easy
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
My positives for H&R...

Our full time truck was clean and comfortable, also very reliable (but not the tri-pac).

They paid all my mileage accurately (contrary to some who say they were fiddled).

Wasn't difficult for them to get your mileage accurate,50/100 a month maybe?Spent the rest of your time on unpaid layovers,or so you'd have us believe.Still tying yourself in knots over a missed opportunity,blah blah.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
My positives for H&R...

All you had to do Mick was keep your gob shut and you could now be living in your very own " Little House On The Prairie ". Instead you are bitter and twisted about your own folie and on a 1 man crusade that know one is interested in any more. But as your past history shows keeping your gob shut is not one of your strong points. Get over it and just move on.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

But as your past history shows keeping your gob shut is not one of your strong points
Not sure its one of yours Graham

But at least it didn't stop you from living in Canada
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Not sure its one of yours Graham

But at least it didn't stop you from living in Canada
Not talking to you any more , i want your truck

Is the yukon run a regular thing
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

In fairness, the few H&R drivers that i have encountered at various coldstores that i have been loading at seem to have been reasonably contented. I have never spoken to one who uses these forums so it would seem that there is a silent majority who are quietly getting on with their lives.
They seem to mainly run down the west all the time which might get a bit repetitive after a while but as far as i can see theres a certain company from NB that makes H&R look like a "dead mans shoes" kind of a job, Lol.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Not talking to you any more , i want your truck

Is the yukon run a regular thing
Nah holiday cover .. I woudn't mind it though but not in winter
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
Nah holiday cover .. I woudn't mind it though but not in winter
It gets exciting in the Winter!

Lots of exercise throwing the iron on too.

At least there aren't those damn yank tourists who amble along then hit the brakes to photograph a buffalo-often wish they'd get out and talk to the bears
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
It gets exciting in the Winter!

Lots of exercise throwing the iron on too.

At least there aren't those damn yank tourists who amble along then hit the brakes to photograph a buffalo-often wish they'd get out and talk to the bears
Was exciting enough in Summer

Third gear climbs - Full Jake 4th gear descents - Then the road just turns into gravel and its full of Buffalo

Still I like a challenge and it sure beats the M1/M62 corridor
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=mickfly;8718803]My positives for H&R...

Unfortunately, the negatives outweighed the positives for me.[/QUOTE

Mick I agree with what you said, but my OH and I did our own PR application and medicals though.
My OH loved his job working for H&R, and was grateful for the chance to emigrate.
Once that PR came through thats when the problems started, my OH miles were dropped, work loads (lack of should i say), when he did get a load to deliver, he was sat for 2/3 days waiting for a reload back to calgary or Lethbridge, then would he be sat at home for 4/5 days at a time waiting(not his choice) for a load to go back out on the road etc. Its not just my OH this has happened to other PR'd drivers too. After months of this he finally left H&R, as bills dont get paid when your not earning.
He genuinely felt that H&R did not have to live upto the PNP criteria anymore (guaranteed pay, miles etc), as once you have your PR the company do not care how they treat you. He is happy for those who are new and have had a good experience with this company, but ask the same question when PR comes through, will they love it then???? Only time will tell!!