Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Good Ol' Days. :(

The Good Ol' Days. :(

Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:40 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good Ol' Days. :(

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Give it up, mate, that one sailed over his head like a Chris Waddle penalty.
Have you helped with the weekly laundry yet ? Or do you just sit on your keester in front of the keyboard and let your wife do all the work ?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:42 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Have you helped with the weekly laundry yet ? Or do you just sit on your keester in front of the keyboard and let your wife do all the work ?
I do all the laundry, you mouthy twunt.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:43 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I do all the laundry, you mouthy twunt.
Christ You do sit on the keyboard all day
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Christ You do sit on the keyboard all day
You seem to be taking an unhealthy interest in my daily habits and rituals. I already told you you're not my type, it's about time you took the hint.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of laundry, I need to buy a washer, dryer and fridge for the house.

I'm hoping that I can get some unsuspecting Lowe's manager to give me a deal on all 3.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Talking of laundry, I need to buy a washer, dryer and fridge for the house.

I'm hoping that I can get some unsuspecting Lowe's manager to give me a deal on all 3.
If you pick up a USPS mail redirection and moving packet from the Post Office there should be a 10% off coupon.

With Lowe's you usually get either "18 month same as cash" OR a discounted price. But if you buy using a "same as cash" deal they immediately send you another "same as cash" coupon to use within 30 days. So if you go out this weekend (Lowe's 18 month SAC deals occur EVERY holiday weekend) and spend $299 on a same as cash deal, you should get a coupon ..... which you can use on a weekend when Lowe's is offering a discounted price .... OR when Home Depot is and then you can challenge Lowes to a price-match. Three years ago I challenged Lowes to a price match on a weekend when HD had discounted prices and Lowes had a manufacturer's rebate deal, and I had a SAC coupon - I bought almost $2,000 of appliances for $1,470 after rebates, and didn't have to pay for them for 18 months!

You might try HH Gregg - they're having a going out of business sale.

BTW unless you're buying a new-build, the house may come with the appliances - they usually do.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 12th 2017 at 12:25 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:29 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you pick up a USPS mail redirection and moving packet from the Post Office there should be a 10% off coupon.

With Lowe's you usually get either "18 month same as cash" OR a discounted price. But if you buy using a "same as cash" deal they immediately send you another "same as cash" coupon to use within 30 days. So if you go out this weekend (Lowe's 18 month SAC deals occur EVERY holiday weekend) and spend $299 on a same as cash deal, you should get a coupon ..... which you can use on a weekend when Lowe's is offering a discounted price .... OR when Home Depot is and then you can challenge Lowes to a price-match. Three years ago I challenged Lowes to a price match on a weekend when HD had discounted prices and Lowes had a manufacturer's rebate deal, and I had a SAC coupon - I bought almost $2,000 of appliances for $1,470 after rebates, and didn't have to pay for them for 18 months!

BTW unless you're buying a new-build, the house may come with the appliances - they usually do.
Do you shop in Jo-Ann Fabrics, and can you explain how to work out which coupon is most advantageous in any given circumstance?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Do you shop in Jo-Ann Fabrics, ....
No only Lowes. I shop there nearly every weekend, sometimes more than once, and often once or twice during the week.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tips!

It's not a new build, but for some reason the person renovating it cheaped out on those 3.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

No only Lowes. I shop there nearly every weekend, sometimes more than once, and often once or twice during the week.
I do like Lowes. We bought our recent fridge and front loading washing machine there. In both cases, at spectacularly discounted prices - last years model or whatever. I think they have a good staffing policy too, lots of older people and always friendly and interesting to talk to.

They used to have a small kitchen appliance dept. (electric kettles, toasters etc) but unfortunately totally discontinued it - don't know if that was just our local store or everywhere.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
Thanks for the tips!

It's not a new build, but for some reason the person renovating it cheaped out on those 3. ....
Given a choice I'd buy without and get my own choice of appliances - when we moved from Virginia the sellers said they were taking the fridge. We double-checked a couple of days before closing, and they confirmed that, yes, they were taking the honking great double door fridge with them. So the day before closing we bought our own giant fridge in Virginia and had Lowe's load it with a forklift into our 20ft Penske truck.

The next day we drove down to NC, did the pre-closing walk through, and they had left the dämn fridge! ..... So after closing we unloaded the truck, except for the fridge, then drove back to Virginia and returned the fridge, unused, in its box, and with only a few hundred miles on it!
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:00 pm
I have a comma problem

... then drove back to Virginia and returned the fridge, unused, in its box, and with only a few hundred miles on it!
I like the idea of an odometer on a fridge, so you can really see how much (or how little) of a fat bastard you are
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Certain people..... top loading machines.... implication...... out of date old folks stuck in the past.

Message was clear mate
I bet you think this thread is about you? Don't you? Don't you?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 5:28 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Leslie
Seems there's a bit of projection going on there, doesn't it?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I see what you did there!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.