Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Good Ol' Days. :(

The Good Ol' Days. :(

Old Apr 11th 2017, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good Ol' Days. :(

Originally Posted by quiltman
Yes, I bought two toploading washing machines. So now i know what you think of me! Mind you, 95% of washing machines here are top loaders, so we don't have much choice.
I did get my check from Samsung for $600 for a washer I only paid $500 for. Used the money to buy a front loader.

I think top loaders still spin faster than front loaders, that used to be the case in the old days.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 4:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
crikey, was it really?

I ended up sending the guy my Toulouse accountant's details to help him with the legal/financial stuff. I would love to have seen Olivier's face once he realised what it was all about....
Here you go it was ten months ago. ..... I was over-compensating for my usual error of thinking that things that happened "just yesterday" were actually 5-10 years ago.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The Daily Meat Market?
Could be! I can't remember the name, but it was something Ray or FatBrit used to do.

Ian
Old Apr 11th 2017, 5:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Could be! I can't remember the name, but it was something Ray or FatBrit used to do.

Ian
The Daily Meat Market was Uncle Ebenezer mostly and a handful of others.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 5:50 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I have come to the conclusion that there are several people on the constitution thread who are the sort of people who would buy a top loading washing machine.
Well I bloody well would for a start since there is shelving fixed above the washing machine and I would have no intention of removing useful storage space just for the sake of being 'fashionable and in the mode" to buy a front loader.

If your back isn't in the same condition as that of Quasimodo's then a top loader is just as easy to load or unload as a front loader

But I get your message that goes with that snotty raised nose disdain for anyone who is perceived to hold values that are " so ridiculously out of date"

Last edited by dc koop; Apr 11th 2017 at 6:07 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Well I bloody well would for a start since there is shelving fixed above the washing machine and I would have no intention of removing useful storage space just for the sake of being 'fashionable and in the mode" to buy a front loader.

If your back isn't in the same condition as that of Quasimodo's then a top loader is just as easy to load or unload as a front loader
My gripe with them isn't the location of the door, it's that blasted spindle in the middle that shreds the edges of my shirts. In 40 odd years of putting shirts in front loaders I have yet to have one trash the button and eye edges of my shirts, in three years of using US top loaders I've lost count of the number of my shirts that have come out of the washer with that threadbare look. Mebbe that's why polo shirts seem to be the regular day wear here?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Well I bloody well would for a start since there is shelving fixed above the washing machine and I would have no intention of removing useful storage space just for the sake of being 'fashionable and in the mode" to buy a front loader. ....
Why would buying a front-loader necessitate the removal of shelving above the washing machine. ..... I installed shelving low in the wall over our laundry appliances exactly because they are front loaders.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:14 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Unless there has been more than one similar thread, the one PF cited was created a year or more ago IIRC.
No doubt thanks to the free publicity there are some who went looking for the thread.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The wonderful thing about cubes and cuboid shapes is that they are perfectly symmetrical. A simple rotation along any given axis can put the door anywhere you want. Even on the bottom.

Feckin' gobshites.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:16 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

Mrs HH does need a revival though, that was a shitposting event to be remembered.
I wonder if she could help United out getting passengers off planes.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:17 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by lansbury
I wonder if she could help United out get passengers off planes.
I think, going forward, they'd probably be better served having her help them get passengers on ...
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:25 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
My gripe with them isn't the location of the door, it's that blasted spindle in the middle that shreds the edges of my shirts. In 40 odd years of putting shirts in front loaders I have yet to have one trash the button and eye edges of my shirts, in three years of using US top loaders I've lost count of the number of my shirts that have come out of the washer with that threadbare look. Mebbe that's why polo shirts seem to be the regular day wear here?
I've had a top loader General Electric washer for donkey's years. Never had a day's trouble with it. I have yet to have had any golf or dress shirts damaged either. It's a large capacity machine. I set it to "super load" speed at "gentle fast" temperature to "cold/cold"

My daughter has a front loader. I cant see any particular advantage in hers over mine
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:31 pm

..... My daughter has a front loader. I cant see any particular advantage in hers over mine
Hers uses less water, which I believe is an important consideration in California. Even when "full" a front-loader doesn't have enough water in it to spill out if you open the door.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:34 pm
Banned

Why would buying a front-loader necessitate the removal of shelving above the washing machine. ..... I installed shelving low in the wall over our laundry appliances exactly because they are front loaders.
I was thinking of my daughter's front loader which is a combination dryer as well. It's pretty tall in height. You're right though without the dryer a front loader is no higher than a top. For my own particular comfort though I prefer leaning over a top loader to load or unload instead of stooping to do the same with a front type
Old Apr 11th 2017, 6:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Even when "full" a front-loader doesn't have enough water in it to spill out if you open the door.
Said the bishop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.