Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish House Insurance

Spanish House Insurance

Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Maurice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish House Insurance

Can anyone through any light on what I was told today: I requsted insurance for my house and was refused because I have a cesspit (pozo), when ask the reason for the refusal I was told "we don't know" the company will not tell us just that you have one and they will not approve the insurance.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish House Insurance

Suggest you talk to a sensible insurance broker who can advise which companies will accept that risk.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really understand. Our house, and many others up here on our hill have tanks for sewerage as we are not on mains. They are very efficient and theres no problem associated with them.

My place has been insured with Mapfre and Knights insurance with no problem whatsoever
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yes went to Knights and they said they would cover me, but at the moment my present insurance is the worry, not knowing if I am covered after being told on Friday that some insurance company's refuse.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maurice
Yes went to Knights and they said they would cover me, but at the moment my present insurance is the worry, not knowing if I am covered after being told on Friday that some insurance company's refuse.
Well have you asked them?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:32 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont really understand. Our house, and many others up here on our hill have tanks for sewerage as we are not on mains. They are very efficient and theres no problem associated with them.

My place has been insured with Mapfre and Knights insurance with no problem whatsoever
Again, like Mitzy says, we've used two different insurance companies since moving here and they've never asked about our sewerage arrangements.

We've got a septic tank like most properties in the Spanish countryside as they are not yet on mains sewerage (will they ever be I wonder).

Why should they even ask I wonder? What else should I have told them when taking out buildings cover?????
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

@mitzboy, yes asked them and they were as confused as me, they would ask around for me in the mean time I have asked some Spaish friends to investigate on the Spanish net for me.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:00 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Maurice
@mitzboy, yes asked them and they were as confused as me, they would ask around for me in the mean time I have asked some Spaish friends to investigate on the Spanish net for me.
No I meant have you asked your present insurance company?