Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by turtlez
Just an update on our progress, looks like completion on house sale will be around mid-August which will fit in just fine with the long-term let villa we've found in Alcalali Fingers crossed, cos it all seems to be going too smoothly.

That's great. You will be going about the same time as us. Hoping to move on August 4th. Still lots for us to do and no buyer for our house yet - but thats a whole other thread!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:54 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtlez
Just an update on our progress, looks like completion on house sale will be around mid-August which will fit in just fine with the long-term let villa we've found in Alcalali Fingers crossed, cos it all seems to be going too smoothly.
Hey everything seems to be going to plan for you,congratulations on the quick sale of your house,I hope ours goes as well.You will be busy sorting out everything and packing,keep us posted, good luck..........
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chrisw
Well done pwblackbelt! You are really selling things quickly! I wish you well with the rest, but looks like you have everything pretty much under control. Your house must be getting bigger and bigger with every new item you sell! Good luck to you!
Our house is virtually empty now and what is left is earmarked to be sent to people the week we leave. We are going back to Benalmadena on Tuesday the 12th June to drop some more gear off and hopefully sort out a bank account. Then we have a 1 way ticket each for Tuesday 26th June???????
The back bedroom is full of moving boxes waiting to be shipped over just before we go. Very exciting now.
Hey who knows of any good companies to ship a load of boxes over to the Costa Del Sol??
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Our house is virtually empty now and what is left is earmarked to be sent to people the week we leave. We are going back to Benalmadena on Tuesday the 12th June to drop some more gear off and hopefully sort out a bank account. Then we have a 1 way ticket each for Tuesday 26th June???????
The back bedroom is full of moving boxes waiting to be shipped over just before we go. Very exciting now.
Hey who knows of any good companies to ship a load of boxes over to the Costa Del Sol??
Witham Brothers - based in UK and Spain.

01424 218778

They will charge for a part load and they are very reasonable. Their workers are uniformed and hard working. We paid 1460 pounds for a Luton van size load from East Sussex to the Valencia area.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:52 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Hey Peter your not letting the grass grow under your feet Im all excited for you,we are hoping to visit soon,we may drop by and see you,we are hiring a car and will be touring around,wont be for a few weeks yet,you will be all settled by then.Im all excited for you,I hope you post a final goodbye before you leave blighty,if not I wish you the very best in your new business venture in Spain and hope its a great success CONGRATULATIONS have a safe journey on the 12th,good luck.............
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Change of Plan.....................................
Things have moved on a bit in the last week. Surveys now done and Ok, Searches in Progress, all we are waiting for is a completion date. And to put the icing on the cake our youngest son Hayden has decided to up sticks and move out with us. So the family is moving lock stock and barrel. He fancy's going for a dive Masters certificate. If anyone could offer advice we would appreciate it. Sold the 4 x 4 this week to my brother.......... or should that be he stole it. Bought myself a luton van for the trip, (can't wait for the trip down with the 2 boys)............. Both girls are looking forward to flying down without any luggage.
Anyway to the 'Change of Plan'. We were initialy going to go down to Benalmadena on a buying trip once the house was completed and return to the uk to tie up any loose ends (assuming we found somewhere). We have now decided to 'jump in with both feet' and move into short term rental accomodation (Month by Month) until we find the right bar. We can now take as long as it needs to sort everything out. So if anyone knows of a good Gestor and suitable accomodation for rent (Preferabley 1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom) in or around the benalmadena area? Also How easy would it be to offload a Uk luton van down on CDS?
So touch wood, fingers crossed, etc .etc in 3-4 weeks we could be there.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:47 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by skippernicky
Also How easy would it be to offload a Uk luton van down on CDS?
So touch wood, fingers crossed, etc .etc in 3-4 weeks we could be there.
Morning Skippernicky,.......my you are making good progress,good for you.Its nice to hear that all your family are moving with you.As Hayden done any scuba diving before,my husband has his padi and the advanced,I should immagine he would have to start by taking a course and passing the padi and then work through all the various courses to reach the dive masters.When Andy took his he did a five day course ,diving twice a day ,and there is also a written test,then he went onto the advanced.Its not cheap,especially if hes going to work up to the masters,but a wonderful experience.I went diving also but that's a different tale........
You are going to have so much to do over the next couple of weeks,I think you are wise to rent intially,Im sure you will find somewhere.Well I hope everything goes to plan for you,keep us updated...............:thumbs up:
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jandy44
Morning Skippernicky,.......my you are making good progress,good for you.Its nice to hear that all your family are moving with you.As Hayden done any scuba diving before,my husband has his padi and the advanced,I should immagine he would have to start by taking a course and passing the padi and then work through all the various courses to reach the dive masters.When Andy took his he did a five day course ,diving twice a day ,and there is also a written test,then he went onto the advanced.Its not cheap,especially if hes going to work up to the masters,but a wonderful experience.I went diving also but that's a different tale........
You are going to have so much to do over the next couple of weeks,I think you are wise to rent intially,Im sure you will find somewhere.Well I hope everything goes to plan for you,keep us updated...............:thumbs up:
Hayden hasn't been diving before but it is something he has always been interested in. He just loves the water. When I had my boat we couldn't get him out. Once towed him the full length of Winderemere on a knee board (Lads in the boat wanted a pint, Hayden wouldn't get out..........) Also he has just got back from the local watersports centre in Birstall and has fallen in love with the girl who organises the courses, So I reckon that could be another incentive (Oh what it must feel like to be young again).
Can't wait to get down there. Thanks for your positive comments and good luck with your venture. P.s Are you having any luck with your house sale?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:46 pm
Young at heart

Angry Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by skippernicky
Hayden hasn't been diving before but it is something he has always been interested in. He just loves the water. When I had my boat we couldn't get him out. Once towed him the full length of Windermere on a knee board (Lads in the boat wanted a pint, Hayden wouldn't get out..........) Also he has just got back from the local watersports centre in Bristol and has fallen in love with the girl who organises the courses, So I reckon that could be another incentive (Oh what it must feel like to be young again).
Can't wait to get down there. Thanks for your positive comments and good luck with your venture. P.s Are you having any luck with your house sale?
Its a long story( I can feel another thread coming up),we went out to Turkey on a diving holiday,anyway to cut a long story short I ended up taking my confined water here in uk,there is a local dive center ,Im sure its near Bradford,well you can go along there they have all the eqiptment,he could do his confined water here,then he would have twelve months to finish the Padi course and take his open water,its a brilliant experience.Once he has gained the Padi then he would take the advanced and then keep on with all the other training to be a master,long way to go.But it would be a start if he went along to the dive centre and did a try dive.Or the other option would to wait and do the whole course abroad,it is a lot cheaper than here as well.
I dont want to talk about the house its p*****g me off at the mo,it aint on the market yet,and if the O/H finds another job to do on it Im going to scream and scream.
I wouldn't mind but Iv got all sorts of premises on file to go and have a look at,also names of solicitors etc.Iv got loads of info on file and Im still sat here,oh dont Im getting now
Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

valandgef is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jean,

We complete on the house on Thursday coming and leave for Spain week ending 29th June!! O/H is driving down with our Son & our dog. I have chickened out on the long journey (we would just end up arguing!) & plan to fly over the same weekend. House here is virtually empty, our buyer has bought our suite, wardrobes & dishwasher, our son is having the rest of the kitchen appliances, shipping out our bed, Computer & personal belongings only.
Can I ask a quick question? Are the tolls in France manned for giving change for euro notes?

There seems to be a lot more people moving over to the sun since you started this thread!!

Good luck everyone

Val
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:07 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by valandgef

There seems to be a lot more people moving over to the sun since you started this thread!!

Good luck everyone

Val
Oh Val and Gef,
That is wonderful news,Im so pleased for you,its a shame you have opted out of the drive over,it really is a fantastic drive,the scenery is so beautiful.It is quite sometime since I last drove over,the tolls were manned when I used to go,Im sure there would be someone on here that would know,if you want to save on some of the tolls you can use the national roads for the best part of France,they really are good roads,I used to go over in a articulated truck,not only that but there are fantastic lay,by,s to stop and walk the dog.Its not like here where everywhere is congested,its easy driving.

I do wish you all the very best,Im sure you will post again before you leave,you must of been very busy.Its very exciting though for you.

There does seem to be a vast amount of people moving,I mean they dont all post on here either,Iv lost count now.

Good Luck with everything xxx
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

valandgef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jandy44
Oh Val and Gef,
That is wonderful news,Im so pleased for you,its a shame you have opted out of the drive over,it really is a fantastic drive,the scenery is so beautiful.It is quite sometime since I last drove over,the tolls were manned when I used to go,Im sure there would be someone on here that would know,if you want to save on some of the tolls you can use the national roads for the best part of France,they really are good roads,I used to go over in a articulated truck,not only that but there are fantastic lay,by,s to stop and walk the dog.Its not like here where everywhere is congested,its easy driving.

I do wish you all the very best,Im sure you will post again before you leave,you must of been very busy.Its very exciting though for you.

There does seem to be a vast amount of people moving,I mean they dont all post on here either,Iv lost count now.

Good Luck with everything xxx
Thanks Jean,

Must admit we are both very excited about going, we seem to have waited so long, with all the problems our buyer had selling her place! Our son isn't moving out with us just driving down with O/H & staying for a weeks holiday then flying back. He has his own place here in Newcastle. I lose my internet access on Wednesday morning & we don't have a phone line yet in Spain so I will have to rely on internet cafes to keep up to date with all of the people on the move!!

I hope your move comes off soon.

Val
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:24 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by valandgef
Thanks Jean,

Must admit we are both very excited about going, we seem to have waited so long, with all the problems our buyer had selling her place! Our son isn't moving out with us just driving down with O/H & staying for a weeks holiday then flying back. He has his own place here in Newcastle. I lose my internet access on Wednesday morning & we don't have a phone line yet in Spain so I will have to rely on internet cafes to keep up to date with all of the people on the move!!

I hope your move comes off soon.

Val
Well in that case,just in case I miss you before you lose the net,I will say a big CONGRATULATIONS to you.I wish you a safe journey and look forward to hearing how you are getting on when you can get back online.
PS ( your hubby wouldnt like to pick me and the dog up on the way past,Im only a stones throw from the A1 HONEST)

GOOD LUCK
Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:34 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Have just come back onto the forum after a couple of months absence and found this post. Cannot believe the amount of people going. Myself and hubby and the four cats are booked to fly out on 31st August.

Thought about driving down but did not think it fair on the cats and we have quite a big load so have booked Pickfords - £4750!!!! At least we know they will do a good job rather than us trying to put it on a van ourselves.

We sold our property in Dec 2005 when prices looked as if they might be going down and went into rented accommodation so that we only had to give a couple of months notice.

We are going to a small village near to Guardamar.

Am a bit worried about burglaries as ours is a fairly new urb (only small with a good mix of nationalities - April 06) and there have already been about 20 break ins or attempted break ins since April 06. We were told this would stop once the builders went. Well they have been gone a while and its still going on.

We have Securitas plus a normal alarm (all shutters alarmed) plus we are putting up small infra red cameras and the urb. are going to make the fences and the gates higher. We also have grills and opening out shutters with steel bicycle cable locks around each one plus have locked our double glazed units together. Cannot really do much more but is that really what we are all going over there for? We certainly do not have any problems where we live in the UK.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:18 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
Hi

We have Securitas plus a normal alarm (all shutters alarmed) plus we are putting up small infra red cameras and the urb. are going to make the fences and the gates higher. We also have grills and opening out shutters with steel bicycle cable locks around each one plus have locked our double glazed units together. Cannot really do much more but is that really what we are all going over there for? We certainly do not have any problems where we live in the UK.
Hi Gill,
Firstly welcome back on BE after your absence,Im please to hear that you are all booked and ready to move.
However Im horrified to hear about the burglaries,I should imagine that it is putting a big damper on the move at the momement,it just is awful and must be a big worry for you.It sounds has though you have taken every precaution,so this hopefully will put the thieving rats off

I do hope you find everything intact when you arrive there,again Im so sorry to hear this.Please keep in touch.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.