Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi saigonjack
Thanks for that, didn't expect such quick replys so thanks, I wanted to stay in Martos just to enjoy the evenings with a wine or two...
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon b
Hi timmyf
Thanks for the quick reply, the places I am viewing want a lot of work? am hoping to get a local with some English to work with me as I am a builder by trade, I am having Spanish lessons at the moment so hoping to have a little lingo by time I move. Thanks for the hotel info am going to enquire at them , i look forward to meeting you .
Hi Jon , Iam a brickie by trade but went down a diff road some 20 yrs ago still keep my hand in did a patio out there last year materials are incredibly cheap and are delivered very quickly , anyway happy hunting and if you need any help at the merchants give us a shout
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

MICHAEL1951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys. We are heading for Martos next weekend 21st. Does anyone know where I can buy an empty gas bottle or where can I buy a full one without the hasle of an inspection. Michael.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi timmyf
Thanks for that mate it's good to know, looking forward to getting out there and stuck into it, al let you know how things go with Derryl. Thanks again
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1951
Hi Guys. We are heading for Martos next weekend 21st. Does anyone know where I can buy an empty gas bottle or where can I buy a full one without the hasle of an inspection. Michael.
Can't you get one straight off the truck that comes round
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

MICHAEL1951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tried that a few years ago near Malaga and was told I needed an inspection, which I agreed to. The same week the guy from repsol called and after looking for 5 minutes he gave us a bill for 25euro and told us we needed a larger vent fitted to the bottom of our kitchen door and of course he new someone who would fit the vent for us for guess how much, 25euro. In the end I fitted the vent myself and found a guy at the weekly market who sold me a empty bottle for 10euro. Maybe things have changed. Michael
Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1951
Tried that a few years ago near Malaga and was told I needed an inspection, which I agreed to. The same week the guy from repsol called and after looking for 5 minutes he gave us a bill for 25euro and told us we needed a larger vent fitted to the bottom of our kitchen door and of course he new someone who would fit the vent for us for guess how much, 25euro. In the end I fitted the vent myself and found a guy at the weekly market who sold me a empty bottle for 10euro. Maybe things have changed. Michael
Don't think il get the same resistance in martos
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

tysondream is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I are coming out to martos next year to view properties we are looking for a nice townhouse or country house depending on the price.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tysondream
My wife and I are coming out to martos next year to view properties we are looking for a nice townhouse or country house depending on the price.
Nice one mate see you in the local
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone on here. I have a question which I'll get to in a second. Firstly my wife pointed me in the direction of this forum and I'm glad she did, especially as I recognise a couple of names mentioned, Derryl and Diego. They were very helpful when we bought our house a few years ago, which is near Bobadilla.

I read with interest some of the information on here and realise that webb15, I stayed at your house once. Really enjoyed it. Also skegbylad, I come from Skegby, I wonder if it's the same one. I can't yet send a pm otherwise I would.

We bought our house in 2009 and have used it as a holiday home for now, but from next month I'll be there for about a year. Getting round to my question, I have a couple of daughters who need to have Spanish lessons. Is there a language school that will do this in Martos/Alcaudete that anyone knows?
I'd prefer that they went to a school than having a private tutor but if that is the only alternative then so be it.
I've seen the British language school near the police station in Alcaudete and keep meaning to pop in and ask them, and I really must do so when I get there.
Thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mark604
Hello everyone on here. I have a question which I'll get to in a second. Firstly my wife pointed me in the direction of this forum and I'm glad she did, especially as I recognise a couple of names mentioned, Derryl and Diego. They were very helpful when we bought our house a few years ago, which is near Bobadilla.

I read with interest some of the information on here and realise that webb15, I stayed at your house once. Really enjoyed it. Also skegbylad, I come from Skegby, I wonder if it's the same one. I can't yet send a pm otherwise I would.

We bought our house in 2009 and have used it as a holiday home for now, but from next month I'll be there for about a year. Getting round to my question, I have a couple of daughters who need to have Spanish lessons. Is there a language school that will do this in Martos/Alcaudete that anyone knows?
I'd prefer that they went to a school than having a private tutor but if that is the only alternative then so be it.
I've seen the British language school near the police station in Alcaudete and keep meaning to pop in and ask them, and I really must do so when I get there.
Thanks.
Hi mark , just an answer to your question I know of a scots man in Martos who teaches Spanish if you want to pm me I can give you his number and there is also a couple of English language schools in Martos
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that timmy. I need, I think, a couple of more posts before I can pm so I'll just hang on a bit. The schools in Martos might be an idea and could well know.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 8:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone on here. I've seen the British language school near the police station in Alcaudete and keep meaning to pop in and ask them, and I really must do so when I get there.
Thanks.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 24th 2015, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that timmy. I need, I think, a couple of more posts before I can pm so I'll just hang on a bit. The schools in Martos might be an idea and could well know.
Three is also a bilingual state school in Martos now as well I am going to make enquiries about that as I'm moving to Martos in 3 yrs although my son has already started Spanish lessons a bi lingual school would be good
Old Feb 24th 2015, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Which one is it? Can't find it on a search at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.