Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Pandyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hiya we are moving out permantly in August
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Amanda1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow best of luck. Soooo jealous!! Would love to know how you get on living there permanently so do post the details on here how its going. We hope to take early retirement eventually (still too young with mortgage to pay) so we can spend more time there. Out there next in September - cant wait. Lovely place and people. My Spanish neighbour and her family are lovely but would be nice to meet some expats so if you and your wife meet/make a group then interested in joining. There are a few expats in our village but they seem to keep themselves to themselves. Do you have friends/family there already?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 11:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pandyst
Hello , just a quick message to say , myself and my wife have bought a house in martos also , and we were wondering just how many expats there are living in Martos , Im a Vw mecanic , and my wife is a qualified nail tech. and we looking to find some groups etc , cheers
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi there , didnt have time earlier to reply , we are moving out there in august with our 3 children , and hope to relax and chill out as if we dont do it now , we never will and what can be better than owning yr own house , ☺so fingers crossed , we are both well motivated people so hopefully we be fine 😊
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyMatt
Hi guys, we are moving to Martos on the 11th Aug, we have found a lovely house on a hill just outside the town and will be converting it into a high end boutique Small hotel.

We will have a large pool and a day spa, so looking for some help with developing things, we aim to be open early next season the website is a work in progress.

We're in town from mid August for two months prior to the completion date of our house. Please feel free to get in touch

Cheers

Andy and Matt
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2014, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Andy and Matt, Good luck with your new venture. - sounds so exciting. Do post the address once you are up and running so we can hopefully send business your way
Old Jul 31st 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Amanda1967
Hi Andy and Matt, Good luck with your new venture. - sounds so exciting. Do post the address once you are up and running so we can hopefully send business your way
Sorry but they will not be able to do this as advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

oops sorry. perhaps they can message me instead so I can pay them a visit
Old Jul 31st 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Amanda1967
oops sorry. perhaps they can message me instead so I can pay them a visit
I am sure that they will be grateful for any local information that you are able to provide for them long before they are up and running especially any that help them with overcoming difficulties that only those living in the area know about.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2014, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi there sorry.for the long time reply. Only got the wifi in the houseboat, yes we moved here 3 weeks ago.and loving it, I already have cars that I.fixed and seems to be going well, any local problems please, mail for advice ;-)
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

Hi...Im looking at property in Martos...I am wondering what the options are for buying furniture in Martos or Jaen. I'm looking for light wooden furniture - bamboo or rattan, and also futons...Also if possible an IKEA in the area? or similar ..
thanks in advance..
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saigonjack
Hi...Im looking at property in Martos...I am wondering what the options are for buying furniture in Martos or Jaen. I'm looking for light wooden furniture - bamboo or rattan, and also futons...Also if possible an IKEA in the area? or similar ..
thanks in advance..
Ikea are in malaga 100 miles away , rapimueble are at jaen used to be in Martos but shut now , there's a big carrefour at jaen also only 15 mins away ,I got a settee and a bed from rapimueble reasonably cheap but that was nearly 3 yrs ago ,
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Saigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to allSaigonjack is a name known to all

timmyf...excellent reply...many of the property pictures I see are stuffed with heavy dark furniture...so wasnt sure what the options were..THANKS..
Old Oct 18th 2014, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyMatt
Hi guys, we are moving to Martos on the 11th Aug, we have found a lovely house on a hill just outside the town and will be converting it into a high end boutique Small hotel.

We will have a large pool and a day spa, so looking for some help with developing things, we aim to be open early next season the website is a work in progress.

We're in town from mid August for two months prior to the completion date of our house. Please feel free to get in touch

Cheers

Andy and Matt
Hi guys hope you are getting on well with your project if you need any advice re construction just give me a shout I have 2 places in Martos but I'm living in the uk at least for another 4 yrs
Old Oct 18th 2014, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saigonjack
timmyf...excellent reply...many of the property pictures I see are stuffed with heavy dark furniture...so wasnt sure what the options were..THANKS..
No probs jack il perhaps see you in the town sometime for a beer when you get settled we are off to Martos in 2 weeks in schools holidays it will be last trip of the year , great place nice bars and cheap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.