Reload this Page >

Car - Rent to Buy

Car - Rent to Buy

Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car - Rent to Buy

Originally Posted by adra04778
If you look on the car hire web sites, most have a car for sale part, but If I recall correctly, ex hire cars have to be ITV'D more often than a normal bought car.
If you have the cash, there are a few ex pats selling on varies forums, you could bag a bargain !
So I've heard, but yet to find any of these bargains, must be looking in all the wrong places

Stupid question though, how do you know the car has been ex hire? Unless of course bought from a hire company?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by adra04778
I was going to buy a ex hire car some years ago, it was different then, but it must of changed, hire cars had to have a ITV every twelve months from new at that time, but I haven't kept up with the legislation.
My ex-hire car was 4 years old when I bought it (from Yellow Cars), they took it for its first ITV as part of the sale (which was issued for 2 years), I took it for its second ITV 2 years later (again issued for 2 years)...I even received a reminder to say it was due!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinky
Hopefully someone can help, as we all know, Spanish used cars are more expensive than most other countries. I have heard there are rent to buy schemes out there, anyone know where to search for this? My friend Google has for the first time not given me any answers

Thanks in advance
You need to give a bit more info , are you looking for a late model motorway cruiser or an old banger just to get you to the shops and back?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tinky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
You need to give a bit more info , are you looking for a late model motorway cruiser or an old banger just to get you to the shops and back?
Something in between? An old banger I would buy one. I would prefer a smallish car, newish (2000 and upwards) that doesn't cost the earth, that is the dream

As mentioned in one of my posts, 1st car group had such a scheme which ended a while ago. The cars ranged from 8 years old to newer. Pay 2 months up front, and for the duration of the payment period, MOT, tax and insurance are included in the monthly repayment. I am looking for a similar thing if they still exist, although by the sounds of it, that is no longer the case.

Hope that makes it a little clearer
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaggymon
My ex-hire car was 4 years old when I bought it (from Yellow Cars), they took it for its first ITV as part of the sale (which was issued for 2 years), I took it for its second ITV 2 years later (again issued for 2 years)...I even received a reminder to say it was due!
Hire cars should be itv`d after 2 years and then yearly.
Looks like they forgot to itv it at the right time, any car sold through a dealer will have a new itv anyway and as you are a private owner it is every 2 years until it is 10 years old then it will be yearly.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Hire cars should be itv`d after 2 years and then yearly.
Looks like they forgot to itv it at the right time, any car sold through a dealer will have a new itv anyway and as you are a private owner it is every 2 years until it is 10 years old then it will be yearly.
So, with regard to ex-hire cars (which have become private cars) an ITV is required every 2 years up to 10 years old then every year - just like I said.

I stand informed re hire cars requiring an ITV at 2 years of age but I was referring to ex-hire cars which will require their first ITV at 4 years of age when they are in private ownership whatever they should have had when they were 2 years old as a hire car!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

So, with regard to ex-hire cars (which have become private cars) an ITV is required every 2 years up to 10 years old then every year - just like I said.

I stand informed re hire cars requiring an ITV at 2 years of age but I was referring to ex-hire cars which will require their first ITV at 4 years of age when they are in private ownership whatever they should have had when they were 2 years old as a hire car!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr

"Its first ITV" as a PRIVATE vehicle (required at 4 years of age). I do not know or care what it had or needed on it's second birthday. What went before is irrelevant in this context - buying an EX-hire car - there's no need to make it any more complicated than that unless you want to keep hiring it out, of course

Perhaps we should get back on topic now.