Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

moving to Singapore....Help with British Schools

moving to Singapore....Help with British Schools

Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Singapore....Help with British Schools

There was a few news items on phonics here in the UK recently.
I wasn't really listening but it wasn't as if that method was acchewlee any good really.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jk simbob
Hi,
As a few of the previous threads mention, please do not be kidded into thinking that TTS is the Bee's knees. When i moved to Sing i had two kids (5 and 8) who we had in seperate schools when we arrived due to lack of places. My 5 year old was in TTS whereas my 8 yr old went to Dover Court school whilst we waited for a place for her to join TTS. A couple of terms later when a place came up at TTS we decided to switch the other way and both my kids spent a fabulous 3 years at Dover court school. Give me a nudge if you would like more detail on this but please be aware, TTS is not the only great school in Singers, VFM is available elsewhere.
How have you found Dover court?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:09 am
Just Joined

AlBedri is an unknown quantity at this point

They all seem extremely friendly at Dover, when we visited and the kids very happy, but my kids seemed blown away by the sports facilities at tanglin. But I do understand where you are coming from, as is all gets very stressfull and a little bit out of hand when you have to wait a considerable time for a school place, and they both don't get a place at the same time. I am a little confused to say the least. A friend of mine is sending her kids to the ofs , do you have any knowledge about them?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlBedri
They all seem extremely friendly at Dover, when we visited and the kids very happy, but my kids seemed blown away by the sports facilities at tanglin. But I do understand where you are coming from, as is all gets very stressfull and a little bit out of hand when you have to wait a considerable time for a school place, and they both don't get a place at the same time. I am a little confused to say the least. A friend of mine is sending her kids to the ofs , do you have any knowledge about them?
http://www.ofs.edu.sg/

Will look into, thanks.