Lack of Activity

Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:15 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Activity

I put something up about quizzes, Inselaffen. Must have been another thread.

If and when you settle at the East Coast, remind me to ask my friend at Bayshore Park as she's really into them. I think she mostly goes to ones in the CBD but she will probably know about any local ones.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I put something up about quizzes, Inselaffen. Must have been another thread.

If and when you settle at the East Coast, remind me to ask my friend at Bayshore Park as she's really into them. I think she mostly goes to ones in the CBD but she will probably know about any local ones.
yes thanks for that. I did see it. Am waiting to settle in an apartment before embarking on the mental challenge of a pub quiz!

bloody Landlord didn't accept our offer so will view another gaff tonight
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:11 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Lack of Activity

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

I did see it. Am waiting to settle in an apartment before embarking on the mental challenge of a pub quiz!

bloody Landlord didn't accept our offer so will view another gaff tonight

I spent all day on Monday looking at apartments. I couldn't live in a house or on the ground floor again in Singapore - at one ground floor duplex we rented the first time we lived here, a cobra was slithering into our kitchen....)

One place (Gallop Gables) had obviously been empty for a while and had loads of gecko poo in the kitchen and bathrooms and the unit had cracked wall tiles, smelt musty and was shabby, even though it was empty!

I just don't understand why the landlords or their agents think it's quite ok to show prospective tenants around when the units are in such a crappy condition; why would anyone be tempted to move in to such an apartment?

We did find a lovely apartment and asked our agent to draw up a Letter of Intent, then we got the word from the landlord's agent on Monday evening that someone else had put an offer in. I found it difficult to sleep, not just because of the jetlag, but wondering if we would have to go searching for another apartment all over again. To make matters worse, the landlord is on a business trip to Pakistan and the agent couldn't reach him.

Anyway....we got news today that our offer has been accepted and we got the apartment....

Insellafen: just wondering - I have no idea of your budget, but we went to see our old landlord and to see the very family-friendly condo where we used to live and where we were extremely happy. He has two units coming up, a three bedroom (over 2500 sq ft) for $5k (obviously negotiable) and a four bedroom (just under 3000 sq ft) for $7k (neg) both in the quieter and nicer Block 5 (which we lived in before). Mr Tan and his brother have their own building company and they own all the units and themselves live at the condo too, so they keep it in very good condition. There is public transport just a few steps away - buses and taxis and a new MRT station being built nearby.

We went to see Mr. Tan a couple of days ago as a 'backup plan' but our budget is higher than the rental prices at this condo. It's definitely worth a look - it includes all the maintainance, cable TV & TV licence, replacement light bulbs etc. Mr Tan prefers not to deal with agents and would rather give concessions to his tenants rather than pay an agent one month's rental commission. He's a really nice guy with a great sense of humour...he even brings a load of booze to share when there is a condo barbie...

http://www.tanjinchwee.com.sg (Westpoint Condo)

Last edited by Englishmum; Oct 22nd 2008 at 10:14 am.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

well we finally got a place. moved in on Wednesday only to find the pool has been closed for 3 weeks bugger