Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 5:57 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsor 2 years living, will it count

Originally Posted by newjersey
I recon if you spent, say a few weeks, a month or a similar amount of time on the ground - without delving into semantics of "living" vs "visiting" I can only say that in the scope of two years when you are settled and have work to go to, kids in schools and all - this is not the question you are concerned with, because it will make no difference. It only means something when you have no intention to live there at all.
Yes, I'd agree with that.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

absolutelystumped is a jewel in the roughabsolutelystumped is a jewel in the roughabsolutelystumped is a jewel in the roughabsolutelystumped is a jewel in the roughabsolutelystumped is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: State Sponsor of Victoria: Can I live in Queensland

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why did you get Victoria SS if you were going to live and work in QLD

Sadly it's legal. It's also immoral but that not illegal either. Go for your life and I hope Victoria are very happy with your decision.

You've made me angry.
I think he can go ahead and do that, it being legal but not moral. I think the danger there is if he decides he wants to gain citizenship and then DIAC sees that he never fulfilled his 2 years obligation to Victoria, that might be an issue. I know that if I were looking at his application, I wouldn't want him to be a citizen.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:03 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Sponsor of Victoria: Can I live in Queensland

Originally Posted by absolutelystumped
I think he can go ahead and do that, it being legal but not moral. I think the danger there is if he decides he wants to gain citizenship and then DIAC sees that he never fulfilled his 2 years obligation to Victoria, that might be an issue. I know that if I were looking at his application, I wouldn't want him to be a citizen.
He might technically be able to do it, but it astounds me how many people don't do a search of the forum & find the information. It's not a taxing process. A quick search would have showed them the answer that they're looking for, and the fact that people on the forum (by & large) don't react well to that particular question. It's almost as if they're looking for permission, or a way of justifying their intended actions. Also, why they think that it's appropriate to advertise the fact that they're obtaining a visa fraudulently is beyond me. I'm just glad that DIAC do occasionally read these pages. It'll be a good day when they close that ridiculous loophole.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:20 am
Just Joined

parekhsanket is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Victoria State Sponsorship

Dear All,

Help Needed!!

I have applied for ACS and currently preparing for IELTS, I will be applying for state sponsorship (Victoria) for Database Administrator in their Occupation list.

I needed some advice/guidelines on finance front, since I read I have to show 40,000 AUD (for me + 2 dependants), in India I have a apartment on my name plus I have certain deposits in bank (for me + my wife) can I show that also. Do i have to get that document certified (stating TRUE copy)?

Apart from these any other docs are needed for state sponsorship?

Thanking all in advance

Sanket
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by parekhsanket
Dear All,

Help Needed!!

I have applied for ACS and currently preparing for IELTS, I will be applying for state sponsorship (Victoria) for Database Administrator in their Occupation list.

I needed some advice/guidelines on finance front, since I read I have to show 40,000 AUD (for me + 2 dependants), in India I have a apartment on my name plus I have certain deposits in bank (for me + my wife) can I show that also. Do i have to get that document certified (stating TRUE copy)?

Apart from these any other docs are needed for state sponsorship?

Thanking all in advance

Sanket
If you visit the website for Victoria State Sponsorship it will tell you what documents are required
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you visit the website for Victoria State Sponsorship it will tell you what documents are required
May be I did not put the questions properly, what I mean..Do I have to show liquid cash (in bank) or can i also show some asset (like apartment under my name) or some savings (in PPF,shares - India). Also do I have to certify that documents are True Copy
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by parekhsanket
May be I did not put the questions properly, what I mean..Do I have to show liquid cash (in bank) or can i also show some asset (like apartment under my name) or some savings (in PPF,shares - India). Also do I have to certify that documents are True Copy
Sorry Guys!!

I went through the document again and it says it does not require any proof of finances you held and it is required only when you migrate and not during filing

Thanx Pollyana
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:05 am
Just Joined

351chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default processing time for victoria state sponsor

hi, i submitted my application materials for victoria state sponsorship a couple days ago. Just want to know when i can expect to get a conclusion at this moment. My reference number is ss-2012-111, so there might at least 110 candidates applying that already. thanks
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

12 weeks
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 351chris
12 weeks
You just applied a couple of days ago. The website says 12 weeks. You're going to have to learn to be a whole lot more patient.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You just applied a couple of days ago. The website says 12 weeks. You're going to have to learn to be a whole lot more patient.
some one told me that he got the approval of ss within 2 weeks' time
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Did he also tell you the earth was flat? Vic State say 12 weeks. If it does come through earlier then great. However it 'could' come through later. No way for anyone to know until you actually get it, if you get it.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Someone told me I could still pass for 30. I have a 32 year old son
Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

davenemma is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice please - 176 sponsorship to victoria - esp childcare expats

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the forum and looking for advice about moving to Melbourne from the UK as soon as possible with my partner. We are both 25 years old, native English speakers, and have both been in our current line of work for over 2 years. We do not have $40k AUD in assets as recommended for the move.

My fiancee is a nursery nurse, NVQ level 4 and should be able to get state sponsorship as an "early childhood pre-primary school teacher" on the state sponsorship list. She is currently having her qualifications assessed by the Aus Institute of Teaching and School Leadership. If the application goes ok with her being the principal applicant, she plans to study towards becoming a childcare co-ordinator at TAFE, which I believe is free for childcare workers as it is an in demand occupation.

On the other hand, I am a serving UK cop and want to join Victoria Police, I will need to obtain PR (via my partner) before I can apply. Im relatively new in service (2yrs) and not that fussed about getting my previous experience recognised. I would like to know if there is any fast-track scheme to senior constable/sergeant/inspector, more for info than anything, as I'm degree educated and have some good experience.

Im looking for answers to the following questions;

How long does the visa application process take on a 176 sponsorship visa?

Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? (We have been together for 7 years, are engaged, and do not have dependents. I need to get to Aus within 3 months if possible as Victoria Police have indicated they may stop recruitment)

Do you really need $40k to immigrate? (How can we get around this requirement)

Has anybody in the childcare industry struggled to get their UK qualifications recognised in Aus?

Are there many childcare jobs in Melbourne, and are there any stumbling blocks for employers in recruiting Brits?

Would be especially interested to hear about experiences of those who are/have worked in Vic Police or childcare in Aus.

Thanks for all your help

Dave
Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please - 176 sponsorship to victoria - esp childcare expats

Hi, and welcome to BE

Originally Posted by davenemma
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the forum and looking for advice about moving to Melbourne from the UK as soon as possible with my partner. We are both 25 years old, native English speakers, and have both been in our current line of work for over 2 years. We do not have $40k AUD in assets as recommended for the move.

My fiancee is a nursery nurse, NVQ level 4 and should be able to get state sponsorship as an "early childhood pre-primary school teacher" on the state sponsorship list. She is currently having her qualifications assessed by the Aus Institute of Teaching and School Leadership. If the application goes ok with her being the principal applicant, she plans to study towards becoming a childcare co-ordinator at TAFE, which I believe is free for childcare workers as it is an in demand occupation.

On the other hand, I am a serving UK cop and want to join Victoria Police, I will need to obtain PR (via my partner) before I can apply. Im relatively new in service (2yrs) and not that fussed about getting my previous experience recognised. I would like to know if there is any fast-track scheme to senior constable/sergeant/inspector, more for info than anything, as I'm degree educated and have some good experience.

Im looking for answers to the following questions;

How long does the visa application process take on a 176 sponsorship visa?
No-one can answer that, it depends on too many factors individual to each application. However your partner will need to get State Sponsorship sorted before applying for the visa, which adds time.
Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? (We have been together for 7 years, are engaged, and do not have dependents. I need to get to Aus within 3 months if possible as Victoria Police have indicated they may stop recruitment)
Nope, you can't speed it up. I think 3 months for a 176 when you are only at the skills assessment stage isn't very likely.

Do you really need $40k to immigrate? (How can we get around this requirement)
If its a requirement for Victoria's sponsorship you can't get round it.

Has anybody in the childcare industry struggled to get their UK qualifications recognised in Aus?

Are there many childcare jobs in Melbourne, and are there any stumbling blocks for employers in recruiting Brits?
Have a look in the main forum here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 - several people have discussed childcare jobs there lately

Would be especially interested to hear about experiences of those who are/have worked in Vic Police or childcare in Aus.

Thanks for all your help

Dave
We also have a police forum which might help on that front

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.