Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
You sound just like the some of the people on the programme "A Place Down Under"! Best you get back here to the cold, snow, no jobs, staying indoors from October to March, no barbies for 6 months, expensive petrol, etc etc and let some of us out there!!!
That programme is SO unrealistic!! Dont get me wrong - am only saying that theres negatives to both extremes of hot and cold. Its not perfect anywhere. The excessive heat currently being suffered in Adelaides worst heatwave since 1908 keeps you indoors (in the aircon) as much as the snow does back home, and approx 70% of Queensland is currently flooded and in a state of emergency. As much as you will enjoy most of your life in Oz (and I do), you will miss parts of home too once you move. Thats just normal!! My husband misses parts of the UK too and he's Australian.

ps we have the same issues of redundancies etc etc here too, although not yet to the extent that it is back home
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:22 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
That programme is SO unrealistic!! Dont get me wrong - am only saying that theres negatives to both extremes of hot and cold. Its not perfect anywhere. The excessive heat currently being suffered in Adelaides worst heatwave since 1908 keeps you indoors (in the aircon) as much as the snow does back home, and approx 70% of Queensland is currently flooded and in a state of emergency. As much as you will enjoy most of your life in Oz (and I do), you will miss parts of home too once you move. Thats just normal!! My husband misses parts of the UK too and he's Australian.

ps we have the same issues of redundancies etc etc here too, although not yet to the extent that it is back home
You're right. I remember struggling with the heat in Perth in Feb, and I would have had the a/c on full in Melbourne these last few weeks, for sure. I'll miss elements of the seasons here; bright frosty winter days, the arrival of spring after the long gloomy winter. But we won't miss the length of the winter and its biggest drawback - the lack of light. It does feel like being under curfew from Nov to Feb. It's always a trade-off eh?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:35 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
You're right. I remember struggling with the heat in Perth in Feb, and I would have had the a/c on full in Melbourne these last few weeks, for sure. I'll miss elements of the seasons here; bright frosty winter days, the arrival of spring after the long gloomy winter. But we won't miss the length of the winter and its biggest drawback - the lack of light. It does feel like being under curfew from Nov to Feb. It's always a trade-off eh?
Well, I won't miss the UK one bit. We lived in Cape Town for 15 years and thought we missed the UK so went back! What a bad move. My son, daughter in law, grandson & daughter followed us back so we stayed in the UK, now the son has been in Oz over 2 yrs & the daughter is on her way this year. So 47C heat, floods, earthquakes, bush fires give me Oz anytime!! I'm going.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:14 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Article from Go Matilda News which may be of interest to some:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=493

Best regards.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Article from Go Matilda News which may be of interest to some:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=493

Best regards.
Hi alan - that sounds like the first bit of GOOD news in ages for those of us with late Oct/Nov 07 acknowledgements!! Mums application was acknowledged 13th Nov 07 and her medicals and police checks were submitted Sept 2008. She received the standard letter from Immigration in Jan 08 saying her application met the visa conditions and a visa was likely to be granted in 09/10 subject to medicals/police checks (they obviously hadn't looked at the police check and medical she had submitted at that stage). We are all ready to go with assurances of support and 2nd Vac payments whenever they are requested. Do you think there is any more she can do at this stage to speed things along?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:49 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not - I think you have to await communication from the DIAC case officer. It could arrive any day.

Best regards.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Probably not - I think you have to await communication from the DIAC case officer. It could arrive any day.

Best regards.
thanks! re the assurance of support - is there a checklist anywhere of the info centrelink will need to see at the interview - so we can get it all together?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:55 pm
Migration Agent

Have you seen this form:
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...orms/su594.htm ?

Best regards.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you seen this form:
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...orms/su594.htm ?

Best regards.
thank you again!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:20 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
Matt: I believe it is the date that you enter the "queue", after your application has been assessed as valid by a Case Officer. If your agent thinks it is the date of acknowledgement, you might need a new agent (unless there's been some change in the rules recently)!
Regards
Steve
Hi Steve.

Heres the reply from POPC to my Agent.

Thank you for your email. This application hasn't been queued as yet.The POPC receives a high number of applications. Regrettably, we are currently experiencing a backlog in allocating applications to CaseOfficers. We are working to reduce this backlog and have taken steps to manage applications as quickly as possible. The POPC allocates cases in accordance with the Ministerial Direction No. 32, Priority Processing. Further information about priority processing can be found on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website at http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...processing.htm. * For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses 143 and 173), itis currently taking approximately 15 months from lodgement date until the case is allocated to a case officer. * For Parent Migration (subclass 103), it is currently taking approximately 16 months from lodgement date until the case is allocated to a case officer. Once the case is allocated to a Case Officer, they will make an assessment of the application and request any outstanding documents and information. Information about parent visas is available on our website at http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...sas-parent.htm and in Booklet 3 – Parent Migration at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf. If you have a further query, we recommend that you use the [email protected] email box. This allows the POPC to answer your email if your contact or case officer in POPC is absent. Regards Perth Offshore Parents Centre.

So much as I thought!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
* For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses 143 and 173), itis currently taking approximately 15 months from lodgement date until the case is allocated to a case officer. *
.....that sounds promising - mum should get a case officer this week or next if thats accurate to what they say!! :-)
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Yes and I should have got a case officer 2 weeks ago!!!

Charlie
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlie5
Yes and I should have got a case officer 2 weeks ago!!!

Charlie
i guess the relevant word in their reply is "approximately" then!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Charlie

I have been watching your progress with interest - you are easily recognisable to us. Following the dates etc I thought you would have received your Case Officer - I see you have had your meds etc will these have to be done again.

I trust you hear from them soon with a Case officer

Sue
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Sue

We had our medicals and police checks done early because at the time it was taking only 10 months to get a case officer.

We have all our fingers and toes crossed that we might still get a visa out of the current allocation. If we have to wait until after July 2009 then the medicals will have to be redone unless an extension is given. I have heard of some people being given an extra 3 months validity to their medicals.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.