Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Apr 24th 2024, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

UK_AUS_MBW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Thanks @chistmasoompa. I had read on the blog that accommodation looks to be the challenge. I'll ask the recruiter the question explicitly as the response has been more grey that I'd prefer. That said, it does sound like there's a lot of grey areas out there and that's half the fun.
Old Apr 24th 2024, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

South African 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Random question,

Can you order items online like Amazon and Alibaba and have it delivered to accommodation site?
Has anyone been able to lce an order online and /or where was it delivered to?

Thanking in advance
Old Apr 25th 2024, 12:33 am
Just Joined

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any plans for more communities to be built to cope with the additional recruitment that is happening?

From the discussions we’ve had with NEOM we’d be allocated something in NC2 first, most likely a studio and they specifically said it would be 6 to 12 months before it we’d get anything bigger - we had planned on moving as a couple but that wasn’t sounding as feasible from everything mentioned. It doesn’t seem to matter on what position or level you are applying for either as the lack of available accommodation is a problem.
Old Apr 25th 2024, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Bill.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am trying to get my documents ready ahead of time. Can I start the degree attestation before recieving the written offer?
Does the transcript need to be attested as well?
Thanks,
Old Apr 25th 2024, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bill.0
Hello,

I am trying to get my documents ready ahead of time. Can I start the degree attestation before recieving the written offer?
Does the transcript need to be attested as well?
Thanks,
You can start attestation all necessary docs before receiving your contract, however could cost you more money if you attest docs individually.
Your police clearance would also be attested alongside your degree - hence better to wait and see what exactly nerds to be attestation
Old Apr 25th 2024, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by South African 7
You can start attestation all necessary docs before receiving your contract, however could cost you more money if you attest docs individually.
Your police clearance would also be attested alongside your degree - hence better to wait and see what exactly nerds to be attestation
Thank you for your reply
I asked because my degree was obtained in different country and would take longer to get attested and returned.
Is the transcript required for the visa as well?
Old Apr 25th 2024, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Yes transcript is required
Old Apr 26th 2024, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Beebeee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I have been reading this thread throughout my recruitment journey. It’s been very helpful sharing each others experience so thank you all for your participation !
As I was awaiting for a formal offer with a bit of anxiety reading about the hiring freeze and lay off fumoirs, thought I’d share that I finally received my written offer two days ago. It does seem things are starting to resume when it comes to recruitment after budgets approvals.

My personal timeline went as follows:
- 3 Interviews in January
- Oral Acceptance in February
- Received Written Offer in April

For now, I didn’t get to speak about the accommodation but my onboarding call is happening next week, will definitely share an update if I get any precise insights on NC2/NC1 bedroom units availability.
Old Apr 26th 2024, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply
I asked because my degree was obtained in different country and would take longer to get attested and returned.
Is the transcript required for the visa as well?
HI Bill
For degree attestation, reach out to the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission in the country where your degree was issued to find out exactly what is required. Different countries' missions require different paperwork. For instance, in the USA, you don't need a contract for degree attestation, but in Vietnam, you do.
Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2024, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received the following update on offer:
we have a delay across the board in having the offers approved - no timelines known.
Old Apr 26th 2024, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK_AUS_MBW
Thanks @chistmasoompa. I had read on the blog that accommodation looks to be the challenge. I'll ask the recruiter the question explicitly as the response has been more grey that I'd prefer. That said, it does sound like there's a lot of grey areas out there and that's half the fun.
Hi.
While your onboarder will give you the best idea they can on where you might go, keep in mind there will be some time between when you start the process and when you move on site. There are plenty of people who were told one thing, even as late as the day before they flew out only to have it changed when they landed. There's nothing nefarious going on, but the housing situation is fluid since there are so many people in temporary housing.
The housing team will do the best they can to get you the best accommodation available while juggling your needs with the needs of the scores of others onboarding and the hundreds of people who are already here and need to be moved to their long term housing.

Someone asked if more housing will be coming on line. The answer is yes. There are expansion projects around NC-1 for family housing and for a new community called Southern Business Community (SBC), located closer to Oxagon. These are scheduled to start opening in small phases in the second half of the year..

It has been said many times on this board that when it comes to housing, the best approach is to accept you will probably not get when you want when you arrive and to just be flexible as they work to get everyone sorted.

Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2024, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by South African 7
Much appreciated. How does the 2 year bonus scheme work? Or is it 5 years of service in Neom?

Good day Futurw Fellow Neoms,

Quick question, do Alibaba or Amazon deliver to Neom residence or how does it work when you order items online?

Good day,

I am a smoker, do they sell cigarettes at the convenient store in Neom at the accommodation area?

Thanking in advance
Not sure what bonus scheme you mean, so I can't help you there; however, packages come pretty quickly. You would have your deliveries sent to the courier's office in NC1 and then they would send it to whichever community you live in.
One word of caution, do not have anything sent via regular mail. The Saudi Post does not deliver here yet. Only couriers like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc
Old Apr 26th 2024, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

How will the annual flight tickets provided? Will the company book them or just pay for them?
Do we need to spend a year before being eligible for them? I mean if I join by summer will the company provide them in Christmas or summer 2025?
Old Apr 27th 2024, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

How will the annual flight tickets provided? Will the company book them or just pay for them?
Do we need to spend a year before being eligible for them? I mean if I join by summer will the company provide them in Christmas or summer 2025?
If you mean your annual flight allowance, that is paid pro-rata in January. For family flights (spouse & children) I think the only eligibility is to have them as registered dependents in the ERP system. Perhaps also have to pass the probation period, but I'm not certain on that.
Old Apr 27th 2024, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UK_AUS_MBW
Hello Team Neom

I am in an advanced stage of conversations with NEOM on a role and looking at all the various dynamics of the project, way of working, team, compensation, accommodations, etc etc.

This chat is really helpful, so thank you to all the contributors as many of my questions and thoughts have been addressed by all the great content in here.

CABIN TYPES at NEOM

I can see that there is a lot of discussion around types of accommodation and the variations between NC1 and NC2, and then B-Type Cabin, versus C-Type Cabin. Not much mention of an A-Type Cabin, but one assumes there is an A-Type.

I've found it challenging trying to find out more about the types, configurations and all that sort of thing. It would be really helpful if any of the contributors had some photos of the different types and what it all means.

I get the sense that NC1 is closer to the office hub than NC2. And, that B-Type is better than C-Type. I think C-Type may be a studio, and B-Type is a One-Bedroom. I assume, an A-Type might be the 2-Bedroom cabins.

Also, I have a close relative also going through final stages of hiring / onboarding, would it be logical for us to suggest we take a 2-Bedroom and free up demand for us each having a cabin. Probably more pleasant as well.

Any thoughts of ideas are really welcome. Thank you all in advance.
I haven't heard references to cabin types for a long time, it might be a NC2 thing? You're unlikely to have any influence of the type/location you're assigned, so don't get too hung up on that.

I'd say it's not logical to suggest a 2-Bedroom cabin for sharing with your relative since logic/efficiency/cost saving isn't really a focus here. You could suggest it once both here, but there are many families with children who are waiting for 2 bedrooms.

As others have said, the housing situation is fluid and there are a few changes coming year that will change the situation again. Medium density apartments at NC1 are nearly ready to release and they look nice inside and out. I won't share photos as the company asks us not to share photos of construction sites. A similar accommodation expansion is planned for SBC this year to support Oxagon.

People who have resigned after the bonus in March will be leaving in May/June so that should create a few more vacant cabins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.