NO tips anymore?

Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default NO tips anymore?

Its been a few weeks now and everytime i go to tip the helper/packer in Waitrose and Spinny's they refuse it, i know it cant be the amount cause im tipping them 10/15 aed each time (trying to)

They not allowed to accept tips anymore?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NO tips anymore?

Originally Posted by deemi786
Its been a few weeks now and everytime i go to tip the helper/packer in Waitrose and Spinny's they refuse it, i know it cant be the amount cause im tipping them 10/15 aed each time (trying to)

They not allowed to accept tips anymore?
they were told a while back i believe that they couldnt accept tips..

shit eh..
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:13 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

shit eh..
Aye, just got used to that then went to Houston...

Thank ***** the waitresses knew me, else I wouldn't have been served anywhere till I got back into tipping-mode....
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

shit eh..
yep ridiculous, the guys at spinneys khaladiya told me to leave it in the boot and then no one can see them accepting the tip.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

you've gotta love it when the gazillionaire owners of companys tell their piss poorly paid staff they cant accept tips.......wankers
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:10 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
you've gotta love it when the gazillionaire owners of companys tell their piss poorly paid staff they cant accept tips.......wankers
surely the decision has to come from the top; but I would think that the initiative comes from those who don't get tips ... security, counters etc. they see those guys get some money and they don't ... i shake the hands and live the tip
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by diablo
surely the decision has to come from the top; but I would think that the initiative comes from those who don't get tips ... security, counters etc. they see those guys get some money and they don't ... i shake the hands and live the tip
i think its bullshit.......

I tried again about 10 mins ago and this time he accepted it only to be told by the manager to give it back to me.....
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

spinneys had notices a couple of months ago informing customers that tips were no longer allowed because it is the job of these people specifically to pack bags...it is a total load of crap, like they begrudge these poor guys the few dirhams that they get extra...

MM, xx
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
spinneys had notices a couple of months ago informing customers that tips were no longer allowed because it is the job of these people specifically to pack bags...it is a total load of crap, like they begrudge these poor guys the few dirhams that they get extra...

MM, xx
yup thats where i saw it..
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:26 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
It's shocking, tight bastards. I went to some place in Mizhar last week and got LOADS of stuff, the bags almost broke my wrists so the little indian dude insisted he carried them, he was puffing and panting but he did it, I gave him AED 20 and he could hardly believe his eyes.

That was probably his hours pay, poor ****ers. They must be so much more skinter so Spinneys stopped them taking tips, I mean what difference does it make? I've never felt obliged to tip.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:44 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
It's shocking, tight bastards. I went to some place in Mizhar last week and got LOADS of stuff, the bags almost broke my wrists so the little indian dude insisted he carried them, he was puffing and panting but he did it, I gave him AED 20 and he could hardly believe his eyes.

That was probably his hours pay, poor ****ers. They must be so much more skinter so Spinneys stopped them taking tips, I mean what difference does it make? I've never felt obliged to tip.

was probably closer to 2-3 hrs pay mate
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:34 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Boycott the shops that are doing it or complain to the manager.Surely its up to the customer what they do with their money,******* managers tskk.