Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Sandboy
you on commission there ?

I helped build it btw
did you? no commission they are greedy buggers like all the schools but we are happy with the school and it often gets overlooked
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Jimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh please stick around...there's a few on here that don't...
Heyy All , Whats up?

Im Najim, from syria .. i was born in UK - New Castle , so I have the british nationality too..
I live in Al Ain - UAE n I do study civil Engineerin at UAE university - n its ma first year..
I like playin basketball, tennis, billiards, swimmin, playin on Piano n Guitar, Visitin new places, learnin new languages n meetin new people!
I joined this forum, because it seems to be Cool n Fun! xD
Who lives in al ain too?!

Cheers ! xx
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
look at Regent International School my daughter is there, she has gone since she was three and we are very happy with the school
Many thanks Blue Cat, will definitely add Regent’s to the list.

Mrs. checked their website and it looks good. Just a little confused to see an ‘Acceptable’ rating on the KHDA website.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri

Mrs. checked their website and it looks good. Just a little confused to see an ‘Acceptable’ rating on the KHDA website.
apparently the school has had some problems, but I can say hand on heart we have never experienced any of them. My daughter loves the school and all the teachers she has had in the past three years. We had a new Head Mistress join in September, she is lovely, pop in for a show around and get a feel for the place.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri

You should take the KHDA ratings (and anything else they say) with a pinch of salt. A school is marked down considerably if their teaching of Arabic is not top notch, but few expat parents are that concerned about that.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
You should take the KHDA ratings (and anything else they say) with a pinch of salt. A school is marked down considerably if their teaching of Arabic is not top notch, but few expat parents are that concerned about that.
had to fill in survey about the school last week, was going to post about and forget, first three questions related to Arabic and Arabic Studies
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

We always give our school negative ratings - they can't increase fees unless they get a 'good' or 'outstanding'
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
We always give our school negative ratings - they can't increase fees unless they get a 'good' or 'outstanding'
they can't increase them this year anyway
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:04 am
Just Joined

AlAin Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, whats up

I'm Sultan from AlAin, I'm Emirati.
This forum has an interesting subjects to discuss so I decided to join.

I can help answering any inquiries regarding AlAin city cause I know how difficult is it to move to a new place.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
apparently the school has had some problems, but I can say hand on heart we have never experienced any of them. My daughter loves the school and all the teachers she has had in the past three years. We had a new Head Mistress join in September, she is lovely, pop in for a show around and get a feel for the place.
Thanks Blue Cat, much relieved. We will certainly arrange a visit.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
Thanks Meow. Although, another language would be an asset but like most expats we are not concerned about this at present for our 3yr old.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Great advice!!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

davetheraven1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there. Im Dave from Dundee living in Aberdeen currently. Im thinking of moving out to Dubai but dont have a clue what it will be like. My girlfriends family are moving there and have aske dme to join them.
Im a designer with an degree in Innovative Product Design with a few years exp. Any good out there then?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davetheraven1984
Hey there. Im Dave from Dundee living in Aberdeen currently. Im thinking of moving out to Dubai but dont have a clue what it will be like. My girlfriends family are moving there and have aske dme to join them.
Im a designer with an degree in Innovative Product Design with a few years exp. Any good out there then?:thumbsup:
I think you win a prize for vaguest question of the week.

You need to do a bit of research and come for a week to check it our before manking any decisions. [/helpfulness]

Last edited by Meow; Apr 5th 2011 at 6:07 am.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Nanice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

For the moment I'm still living in London, but hopefully should move soon to the sunny Abu Dhabi :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.