The good old NHS.

Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The good old NHS.

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
This waffle is incoherent and pointless. What the hell are you talking about? Who said anything about birth rate? Look buddy, this is an easily verifiable fact: breast cancer and prostate cancer survival rate are higher in the US than the UK. You don't like these facts, stick your head higher up.......
You mentioned them way back.

And yes, survival rates might well be higher, but we also know that those results are also skewed because they're also only including people who get treatment.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What are you on about?
I'm on about my observation that you are rambling on about a subject of which you have no experience but are happy to apply plenty of your ideology to. The system you describe is quite simply not the one lived day-to-day by Americans. My only intention is to highlight to folks who haven't lived in America that you are talking utter crap. There's no point in debating you since it will be a frustrating task for me and will merely make you angrier.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The US should remove the regulation of health insurance from the states level and introduce a sensible basic packages that meet most people's needs. Then they will have competition and reasonable pricing. The worst case scenario is to nationalise the delivery because the state can't be trusted to deliver mail on time once unions and lobbyists come into play.
You're still so hung up on the 50 different states thing.

You're still wrong, on the most basic of things, but oh well.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:36 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
You mentioned them way back.

And yes, survival rates might well be higher, but we also know that those results are also skewed because they're also only including people who get treatment.
I did not mention birth rates, I mentioned infant mortality. But don't burden your processing power too much with such intricacies as it may lead to overheating. You are as accurate as you ate factual. All over the place, buddy.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'm on about my observation that you are rambling on about a subject of which you have no experience but are happy to apply plenty of your ideology to. The system you describe is quite simply not the one lived day-to-day by Americans. My only intention is to highlight to folks who haven't lived in America that you are talking utter crap. There's no point in debating you since it will be a frustrating task for me and will merely make you angrier.
Which is really all that needs to be said on the subject at this point.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:42 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

It will make me merely angrier to see you getting frustrated by repeating pointless crap. But at least you are aware of your own limitations which is good.

I fully support your material approach to education / knowledge. It is quite clear that in spite all this hype about this being Information Age, knowledge is impossible without direct experience.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
62% of householders own their homes, You can chose buy or rent. Same with NHS, you can chose it or get insurance. In America most people do not have a choice.

Choice is good.
Contrary, in America people have a genuine choice to spend money on leisure or get their health insurance in order. Th only choice they don't have in many cases is whether their minimum insurance package covers Botox.

You don't choose NHS you have it by default and in case of many it is paid by others so it's a bit of a no brainier for those. It, however, is a crap analogy as renting is not there by default for all, only for some fortunate enough to fall in lower income brackets where work is nowadays frown upon and doesn't pay.

A while ago Jeremy Clarkson had a good idea to cancel NHS for those on over £30k pa and make them buy own insurance (or die on the street like millions of Americans). Not a bad idea (combined with his other ideas to make unemployed work) to take half the population out o f the NHS as this would make it perform to a reasonable standard at least.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:30 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's what you get when the system is based on 'free' 'entitlements' and not based on what-you-pay-is-what-you-get.
Hi,
Thank you for your contribution so far in this thread.
I'm like wee Jimmy- in awe of your knowledge,you and the Ena Sharples,

I have no idea which is clinically correct however I have to ask ye...
In your world, isn't ' free' and being 'entitled' poles apart?
It is in mine.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claimsboys
What he said?
You happened in on an interesting topic of discussion.
Look,where the thread has gone?
Intriguing, investigative forensic discussion
Fabuloso.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

But at least you are aware of your own limitations which is good.
I'm certainly not prepared to offer you the years of therapy you so desperately need. Hell no!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:01 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm certainly not prepared to offer you the years of therapy you so desperately need. Hell no!
We have met before.
You simply cannot parachute into the ME as an innocent poster..
Tell them you are entrenched a la mode..
Angry face
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:07 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
We have met .
Angry face
Anyone can post anywhere. There are no geographical requirements.

I joined in what I thought might be an interesting discussion. It turned out that it wasn't, it was just an angry shouty misinformed person. Can't be bothered with that really, but anyone is still free to post anywhere.

You are cordially invited to visit the USA forum, for example.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:09 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Eva
We have met before.
Angry face
The cream cleared that up. All clear now!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:22 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Anyone can post anywhere. There are no geographical requirements.

I joined in what I thought might be an interesting discussion. It turned out that it wasn't, it was just an angry shouty misinformed person. Can't be bothered with that really, but anyone is still free to post anywhere.

You are cordially invited to visit the USA forum, for example.
My arse is truly kicked.
May I please mitigate that that thread was not exclusively about one person..
Nice to see you Elinor.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:24 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The cream cleared that up. All clear now!
Should'nt that be a ? after 'now'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.