Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Originally Posted by beachgal21
... that SallySimmons is such a trouble maker ... always going off topic
Darn right.....LOL

It was healthcare then someone someone posted O.T. not sure who and wont look, thats just how things go, over on 50s its Fat folks and potholes right now...and maybe Rum Baaaa's hahaaaa

Funny thing is this, we can agree to go or not go to a thread but then someone does anyway, so thats why we go too, we follow like Cattle hahahaaaa...

I have to Read 50-60s cant help it... If Ed and Rod would go to a new thread it might be different...
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not so bad for you three Aviva, Somerset and Beachgal, but the rest of us have been part of that other thread for a year or so, we have people over there we care about, of course we care about you too Now!.

Huhhhhhhhhh all this cos ONE person has a bloody problem, and she's hardly ever there...

For you newbies, that don't know, this thread was set up by the administrators because healthcare was taking up too much space over there oh sorry US HEALTHCARE was, or it caused too many arguements, at least thats what excuse Trotty came up with... she's ruined the whole run of thing now, I hope she's happy and Im sure she is..

So how many arguments have we had so far???...
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Its not so bad for you three Aviva, Somerset and Beachgal, but the rest of us have been part of that other thread for a year or so, we have people over there we care about, of course we care about you too Now!.

Huhhhhhhhhh all this cos ONE person has a bloody problem, and she's hardly ever there...

For you newbies, that don't know, this thread was set up by the administrators because healthcare was taking up too much space over there oh sorry US HEALTHCARE was, or it caused too many arguements, at least thats what excuse Trotty came up with... she's ruined the whole run of thing now, I hope she's happy and Im sure she is..

Nothing is stopping you from participating in all three threads. The threads and old friends are not dying and lost forever. Click the mouse.
OK I''m turning into a f'n b*tch now. Logging off.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:58 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I've never been to Australia and never watched Home and Away so I have no idea where I picked it up from.

I guess whether or not you think it's rude depends on whether you interpret it literally. I've also heard it expressed as "into himself".

Reminds me of the British expression "Well blow me down" (as an expression of surprise). I have used that in the States, as well as the shortenend version, "Well, blow me ..." - I soon realised that had a very different connotation, and stopped saying it! (I'm sure that was a common expression in the UK, or am I imagining it?)

Same thing as asking the schoolkids if they all had rubbers ... that almost got me in trouble, too.
Probably the term has been introduced into the language by the younger generation - who you teach.

Yes, I did take it literally, but I was young and foolish then.

I have to adjust my Aussie'isms myself on occasion.

EDIT

Should that be "whom you teach?"
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aviva
Nothing is stopping you from participating in all three threads. The threads and old friends are not dying and lost forever. Click the mouse.
OK I''m turning into a f'n b*tch now. Logging off.
I understand, but Im not a woman, Multi talented, and find it hard to follow...

Let me say this, I at the moment have no problem, If you look its others that again brought it up.

Im happy as I am here, Others can do as they please, I only jumped in last night to say Please dont change the name of this room... Thats all..

If people just go to the other room and post it will take off again..... its that easy...

Best wishes...
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Did i mention ..2 sleeps and a wake up???
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
O freaking MG Are you all ready to go and how are you feeling now it's almost time to go? Any last minute regrets?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I doubt you will sleep the last night, youll be too excited.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachgal21
O freaking MG Are you all ready to go and how are you feeling now it's almost time to go? Any last minute regrets?
I am a little emotional, not regreting my decision, just hard saying goodbye to people. I am looking forward to being with my parents, and old friends over there, just need to get this behind me. I have never been good at goodbyes, and I am tired of bursting in to tears at least once a day.. I am excited, to get there..
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont sleep well anyway, so there will be no sleep tomorrow night..
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't sleep on my last night - nervous as all get out, plus my cat shared my bed and I didn't want to leave her. Then I managed to throw up on the side of the freeway a few hours after we left Duluth heading to Minneapolis. And so I left America in grand style....
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:25 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

The last chiding came from someone else altogether. I went back to chat and found more yelling and dictating so I gave up.

I don't care where we are but clearly for some reason we can't just stick to the new thread.

Ladyinlv - good luck!!!

Rosie, what happened to your cat? Oh I'd have been heartbroken
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:27 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, since there seems to be a real aversion to moving from this thread, why don't we ask the Mods back to change the name?

Last time we did that, we sent him/her away again because we had started the new thread.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand, but Im not a woman, Multi talented, and find it hard to follow...

Let me say this, I at the moment have no problem, If you look its others that again brought it up.

Im happy as I am here, Others can do as they please, I only jumped in last night to say Please dont change the name of this room... Thats all..

If people just go to the other room and post it will take off again..... its that easy...

Best wishes...
Totally agree with you Fish Things are starting to bet a bit Bizarro with all the name changes etc. I would prefer no more name changes and no more additional threads. I like the US health care thread, but then health care in the US is my pet peeve. I don't give a fiddle if other people want to go off topic on that thread, I'm happy to join in on other topics too. .... Either that, or you can sit and listen to me moan on about healthcare (God help you )

In hindsight I think it was a mistake to move the thread away from the main 50's 60's thread in the first place, especially as there are soooo many off topic discussions already taking place.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
The last chiding came from someone else altogether. I went back to chat and found more yelling and dictating so I gave up.

I don't care where we are but clearly for some reason we can't just stick to the new thread.

Ladyinlv - good luck!!!

Rosie, what happened to your cat? Oh I'd have been heartbroken
I gave my cat, Precious, to a good friend who already had 4 cats and 2 dogs - most of them rescue animals. That was in 2009, one year before I left, as I intuitively knew I had some unfinished family stuff to take care of in Florida (and I was in MN). Then, when I was packing and sorting to finally leave last year, I was without a home base, having given up my apartment the year prior, so my Duluth friend invited me to stay with her and all the pets, and do my leave taking from there. So I got to spend 2 months with my cat, who slept in my bed as she had always done, and as a result the leave taking was quite traumatic for me. I hope one day to have another cat, but not until I am in my final home over here, and am settled and no more travelling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.