Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

He must be SO excited now, aside from missing his little dog a bit. All the hard work is behind him now. On to phase two - getting settled in the UK.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, Happyglow! Time to check in with us lol! You must have your laptop with you!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:40 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Lets all raise our glasses to HappyGlow who will board the plane in 40 minutes Bon Voyage my friend...safe travels and enjoy that moment when you realise you are home.

Last edited by WhoFan63; Mar 31st 2013 at 9:48 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Lets all raise our glasses to HappyGlow who will board the plane in 40 minutes Bon Voyage my friend...safe travels and enjoy that moment when you realise you are home.
Raising my glass to HappyGlow!!

I wonder if they have Internet connection on his plane so he can connect.

He is going to be doubled over with laughter when he reads all these messages and sees how frantic we are lollllll
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:50 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
Raising my glass to HappyGlow!!

I wonder if they have Internet connection on his plane so he can connect.

He is going to be doubled over with laughter when he reads all these messages and sees how frantic we are lollllll
It's not frantic, it's excited !! I think the Internet connection is only for those lucky devils in first class and business class. The rest of us have to make do with what we get. Besides, would you be able to concentrate on anything else BUT getting on the plane? lol
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

It's not frantic, it's excited !! I think the Internet connection is only for those lucky devils in first class and business class. The rest of us have to make do with what we get. Besides, would you be able to concentrate on anything else BUT getting on the plane? lol
Well, HappyGlow is literally up in the air now - about 1/7 of the way there
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Happy for Happyglow
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Currently watching my husband's (Robert) flight on flightaware from PHL to Manchester. US 734

It was very weird as I waved him off to begin "our" new chapter in life without me (I have to sell the house, cars etc before I can go) and I must admit at the moment it doesn't seem real as he travels a lot with work and i'm used to being on my own for a couple of weeks at a time.

Maybe once I realise that he's not coming back in a fortnight it will sink in more, but right now it's rather odd.
He had the major collywobbles last night worrying if we're doing the right thing and all, but there's no turning back now, he's resigned from his old job and starts his new one next week. I'm just glad the weather forecast for the coming week in UK is somewhat sunny, it always seems better when the sun's shining upon arrival
Another chapter in our life is beginning and I don't know whether to be excited or to shit myself if I'm honest!

( sorry if this post was too long for the thread but it is related to Flight Tracker)
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Currently watching my husband's (Robert) flight on flightaware from PHL to Manchester. US 734

It was very weird as I waved him off to begin "our" new chapter in life without me (I have to sell the house, cars etc before I can go) and I must admit at the moment it doesn't seem real as he travels a lot with work and i'm used to being on my own for a couple of weeks at a time.

Maybe once I realise that he's not coming back in a fortnight it will sink in more, but right now it's rather odd.
He had the major collywobbles last night worrying if we're doing the right thing and all, but there's no turning back now, he's resigned from his old job and starts his new one next week. I'm just glad the weather forecast for the coming week in UK is somewhat sunny, it always seems better when the sun's shining upon arrival
Another chapter in our life is beginning and I don't know whether to be excited or to shit myself if I'm honest!

( sorry if this post was too long for the thread but it is related to Flight Tracker)
Oooohh, so we have another "bon voyager" today

I think when the day draws near to fly over, it is bound to make you wonder if you are doing the right thing. As you said, though, it is the beginning of another chapter . . . another adventure As many have said, you won't know unless you try I don't think going back home can ever be bad
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Oooohh, so we have another "bon voyager" today

I think when the day draws near to fly over, it is bound to make you wonder if you are doing the right thing. As you said, though, it is the beginning of another chapter . . . another adventure As many have said, you won't know unless you try I don't think going back home can ever be bad
I think also whilst we were en-route to the airport I saw a car carrying some pets destined for far away lands, as in the back seat was a pet crate with a large sticker "live animals, this way up" written in big green letters on the side. I hoped they were okay and it made me think of when mine will be travelling, it'll be a huge life change for them too.

I just hope all the local cats and dogs there won't pick on them for having American sounding meows and woofs

And no, going back home can't be bad, it's all we've talked about doing in the last 17 years
Old Apr 1st 2013, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

According to Flightaware, Happyglow landed in Holland two hours ago I assume he has gone through Immigration and is waiting to pick up doggie now before proceeding to get three trains, a ferry and two taxis before reaching his final destination in the UK

Good luck, Happyglow!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:13 pm
Yorkshire Lass

According to Flightaware, Happyglow landed in Holland two hours ago I assume he has gone through Immigration and is waiting to pick up doggie now before proceeding to get three trains, a ferry and two taxis before reaching his final destination in the UK

Good luck, Happyglow!

Gosh, that's definitely a journey and a half. It's unimaginable to me to have to catch a plane, three trains, a ferry and two taxis... I can't remember the final destination but wouldn't it have been easier to get a plane straight to the UK?

Way to go Happyglow You're HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:52 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Flightradar24 for me - I have it on my iPhone as well
We live vicariously through EVERYONE that is flying to the UK..lol. I look up at the planes flying over the house and wonder how many people in there are on their way home?? Bon Voyage to your niece and a safe flight
I sent my sister the information about flightradar24 and she watched my niece's (her daughter's) flight. She took a screen shot of it just before it went off the screen when it landed. She said she was listening to Classic FM radio and the theme from the Onedin line came on. She sent them this text which they read out:

"love this piece - listening while tracking my daughter's flight home for good from Montreal - after 10 years living away from UK in various places. The ups and downs matching radar and my emotions."

I've been blubbing ever since!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:56 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK

Congratulations on your husband's new job and going home! I hope it won't be too long before you can join him
Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Congratulations on your husband's new job and going home! I hope it won't be too long before you can join him
Thank You

I spoke briefly with him this morning and all seems well he said the sun is shining and there's fluffy white clouds overhead too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.