Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:11 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

I think it's about time we started a thread to wish 'Bon Voyage' as BE posters fly home - to maybe track their flight/s and think of them as they begin their new adventures as they return to live in the UK

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to track the QM2 cruise ship (but we know anyone going home on that ship is going to have a fab time in any case)

The first person on this thread whom is going home is Jackie (aka LdyinLV). She leaves Las Vegas this evening (25th January - local time).

She is on British Airways Flight BA0274, departing at 20.10 or 8.10pm local time.

You can track her flight on http://www.ba.com

or I prefer to use:

http://www.flightstats.com (or http://www.flightstats.co.uk in UK airspace)

This site will inform you when the plane departs the gate, when it goes down the runway, departs, arrives and you can track in real time by map.

I doubt that Jackie will be on BE today, too much to do and too little time....but let's all wish her "Bon Voyage" and much happiness and good health as she begins her new adventures in England

PS: I suggest that this thread is resurrected for each BE poster whom is imminently heading off to the UK, so please don't go off-topic (plenty of other threads for that LOL!)

Last edited by Englishmum; Jan 25th 2011 at 6:08 pm. Reason: Post Script
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I think it's about time we started a thread to wish 'Bon Voyage' as BE posters fly home - to maybe track their flight/s and think of them as they begin their new adventures as they return to live in the UK

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to track the QM2 cruise ship (but we know anyone going home on that ship is going to have a fab time in any case)

The first person on this thread whom is going home is Jackie (aka LdyinLV). She leaves Las Vegas this evening (25th January - local time).

She is on British Airways Flight BA0274, departing at 20.10 or 8.10pm local time.

or I prefer to use:

This site will inform you when the plane departs the gate, when it goes down the runway, departs, arrives and you can track in real time by map.

I doubt that Jackie will be on BE today, too much to do and too little time....but let's her wish her "Bon Voyage" and much happiness and good health as she begins her new adventures in England
What a great idea for a thread, thanks for coming up with it!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

or I prefer to use:

I doubt that Jackie will be on BE today, too much to do and too little time....but let's her wish her "Bon Voyage" and much happiness and good health as she begins her new adventures in England :thumbsup:
Agreed
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

This one's good too.
http://www.aeroseek.com/webtrax/flightstats.html
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

It's maybe not exactly tracking, but here is a link to the webcam on the Queen Mary, which gives the ship's position.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Ships/Queen-...ridge-Web-Cam/
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if you guys have seen this one http://flightradar24.com/ I tracked my son back to UK from Aus all the way across Europe and if you have an iphone there is a free application which does the job too! Or http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ not quite as good IMHO

Last edited by quoll; Jan 25th 2011 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:14 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolutely fantastic idea EM, well done!!!

Can't wait to see Jackie's plane take off down the runway.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Well on my reckoning Jackie should be well on her way to the airport now - I wonder how she is feeling - less than 3 hours to her flight take off!? To say I'm exceedingly jealous would be an under-statement
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:24 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Well on my reckoning Jackie should be well on her way to the airport now - I wonder how she is feeling - less than 3 hours to her flight take off!? To say I'm exceedingly jealous would be an under-statement
How long before flight departure do you have to check in over in the US? In Australia it is either 2 or 3 hours depending on the airline....

Oooohhh this is so exciting, just like when Rodney departed!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
How long before flight departure do you have to check in over in the US? In Australia it is either 2 or 3 hours depending on the airline....

Oooohhh this is so exciting, just like when Rodney departed!!
I believe for an overseas flight it is 2 hours. At least that's what it was last time I went back to the UK (2009). Of course, I am one of those people who usually gets there 3 hours before - just in case - you never know what delays there can be on the way to the airport!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I believe for an overseas flight it is 2 hours. At least that's what it was last time I went back to the UK (2009). Of course, I am one of those people who usually gets there 3 hours before - just in case - you never know what delays there can be on the way to the airport!
It was 2 last time I flew home in November 2010 - regardless it is 2 hours to take off so Jackie has to be at the airport now
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Lorac05
It was 2 last time I flew home in November 2010 - regardless it is 2 hours to take off so Jackie has to be at the airport now
Thanks that is what I was trying to work out!!!

And Derrygirl I am like you too, always the early bird!! Couldn't bear to miss that plane!!

Gawd I wish they had a webcam on Jackie's plane LOL!!

EDIT

I just checked and the flight takes 9 hours and 55 minutes into Heathrow, not long now Jackie!! I thought the flight would be much longer.

Last edited by Beedubya; Jan 26th 2011 at 1:20 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:23 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Jackie's plane has departed.....she's on her way to the UK!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:30 am
Home Sweet Home

Jackie's plane has departed.....she's on her way to the UK!
Woohooo Jackie, you will be home in 10 hours!!

Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:33 am

Post Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

It must be a bittersweet moment for many expats returning home - and I think the lyrics of this song kind of sums it up:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.