Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:06 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

You guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Batatas are important. Just look at the Irish. Live on an island surrounded by fish and still they almost die out because the potato crop failed....

Didn’t anybody tell them about fish? Maybe they were busy drinking bear during that class......

Listen to you moan..... What do you consider cold? Here in NY it was 17 yesterday morning..... That was 17 Fahrenheit so -8 Celsius.... and that is not the coldest it gets either.

Besides who can have sardines without a babtata cozida with azeite…….

Ifin you are could drink more agua ardent it will fix it right quick believe me.

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:10 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri

Are they still on the flagpole
Could be!
Isnt that the guy who walks in front of the military band in Warsaw?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:10 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything below 75 degrees is cold in my book
My visitors were in the local bar in strappy t shirts and shorts,I had jeans,jumper, fleece,socks,boots think Im acclimatised now
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Could be!
Isnt that the guy who walks in front of the military band in Warsaw?
CRINGE
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:18 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Anything below 75 degrees is cold in my book
My visitors were in the local bar in strappy t shirts and shorts,I had jeans,jumper, fleece,socks,boots think Im acclimatised now
Now we have a mental image how you are dressed, would you like to hear about my mini skirt and garters.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:33 pm

Now we have a mental image how you are dressed, would you like to hear about my mini skirt and garters.
Gazz already sent me the photos
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Gypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant future

Hi all and thanks so much for your helpful replies.
We've found a 'maybe' place to stay in Penela, we'll be staying one night in Faro then 7 nights in Penela, then back to Faro for another three nights.
Now we have the problem of getting from Faro to Coimbra, do we take a train, have tried the booking page and can't get any sense out of that it also seems a bit expensive and long. faro to Lisbon about 4 hours. the next leg was hard to find out because it kept not recognising the stations although they were automatically coming up.
Hire a car and it's about a seven hour journey avoiding highways. Now I've read some of you saying it's pretty scary driving over there and I'm a nervous passenger. OH says he deserves a medal for driving with me for 1500 miles on the wrong side of the road in France

I think I may be about to fall at the first hurdle faint hearted me don't really know why I'm telling you all this just getting my thoughts out I suppose. I was prepared to hire a car and go driving aroung the Coimbra area etc but not about 7 hours at a stretch

Anyway thanks again for your help and back to the drawing board

Be back again soon I expect, I'm beginning to sound like a right little moaner.
Nomad if I ever get there i'll be glad to share your shed
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gypsywoman
Hi all and thanks so much for your helpful replies.
We've found a 'maybe' place to stay in Penela, we'll be staying one night in Faro then 7 nights in Penela, then back to Faro for another three nights.
Now we have the problem of getting from Faro to Coimbra, do we take a train, have tried the booking page and can't get any sense out of that it also seems a bit expensive and long. faro to Lisbon about 4 hours. the next leg was hard to find out because it kept not recognising the stations although they were automatically coming up.
Hire a car and it's about a seven hour journey avoiding highways. Now I've read some of you saying it's pretty scary driving over there and I'm a nervous passenger. OH says he deserves a medal for driving with me for 1500 miles on the wrong side of the road in France

I think I may be about to fall at the first hurdle faint hearted me don't really know why I'm telling you all this just getting my thoughts out I suppose. I was prepared to hire a car and go driving aroung the Coimbra area etc but not about 7 hours at a stretch

Anyway thanks again for your help and back to the drawing board

Be back again soon I expect, I'm beginning to sound like a right little moaner.
Nomad if I ever get there i'll be glad to share your shed
I dont think its his shed he wants to share with you
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:18 pm

But seriously
Driving from Faro up here is not so bad.
Bite the bullet and pay the tolls,easy motorway.
Im a bit stuck after lisbon,as Ive only been to Coimbra once,but honestly,its not scary.
Why not stop somewhere en route,say Lisbon area,its only 3 and a bit hours drive from faro,get the motorway at paderne.Then continue up the next day,you will be fine.
In my opinion,you will be a lot better than say taking the IC1 avoiding the tolls,now that is one of the most dangerous roads in europe
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Gypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant futureGypsywoman has a brilliant future

Cleri
taking the IC1 avoiding the tolls,now that is one of the most dangerous roads in europe
Cheers Cleri,

It wasn't the tolls that were worrying me I didn't know about them, it was just the driving the roads.
OH said he has no fear he's driven on 6 lane highways stateside (he's such a short assed wrinkly old smug little know-it-all B*****d he's telling me to write 'but I love him' but I won't

I think if I can persuade him it's the train for me
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:53 pm

Cleri

Cheers Cleri,

It wasn't the tolls that were worrying me I didn't know about them, it was just the driving the roads.
OH said he has no fear he's driven on 6 lane highways stateside (he's such a short assed wrinkly old smug little know-it-all B*****d he's telling me to write 'but I love him' but I won't

Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:53 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Cleri

Cheers Cleri,

Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:58 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

I tried the sardines bit, but when I got them out of the tin they fell through the grill...did I do something wrong?
Leave 'em in the tin, you silly s*d then they don't fall through. Just don't try picking the can up with your bare fingers.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:59 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

I've only got one pera drawers.
I nearly said, "Winter draw(er)s on?" but I won't as it would be inaccurate.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:06 am
C'est la vie

Now I've read some of you saying it's pretty scary driving over there and I'm a nervous passenger. OH says he deserves a medal for driving with me for 1500 miles on the wrong side of the road in France
My wife is usually a bl**dy awful passenger - lots of screams and intakes of breath. You know the kind. But when we drove down from Bilbao to Tavira she was fine. The roads were almost empty and most of the drivers we met were going quite slowly. I reckon it's the Brits over here who are the lousy drivers (I await a backlash with baited breath). At least the Portugeezers stop for me at the zebra crossings. The cars that don't are usually hire cars driven by pasty-faced tourists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.