Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by jdr
Perhaps you need to look more abusive, raise your voice and flap your arms about in the true Spanish style. lol
Trust me, I tried that too, only to be threatened with a call to security! I didn't fancy the prospect of a night (or longer?) in a Spanish cell. I'll stick to local suppliers in future... practice what you preach & all that!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:58 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by Joao
The delay in the building of the shopping complex is because the planning name has to be changed from "industrial" to "commercial". It will be located on the road that runs from the BP garage to the roundabout where you can turn down to the Albacora Hotel. Behind Casa Ambaca's warehouse and the Soprocil yard and the vacant land at the side of this area. It is south of the railway line and therefore south of the EN125.
Joao
Thanks Joao, I knew you'd have the answer. Funny though, I thought the newspaper item said north of the 125. So either they got it wrong or I "misrembered". I know where the site is now - when we were out to complete in March we stayed at the Albacora for 10 days so know the roundabout quite well.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

So thats why they moved the site for the flea market to behind Pegada.

The latest news from Fernando about the pool is that :The project is in a final approval and cost analysis phase and it includes a playground and kids club. Just get on with it I say.
Sue
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue B
So thats why they moved the site for the flea market to behind Pegada.

The latest news from Fernando about the pool is that :The project is in a final approval and cost analysis phase and it includes a playground and kids club. Just get on with it I say.
Sue
The site where the monthly market is held (next to the swimming pool and on the dirt ground) will be resurfaced and used as a car park. My guess is that a lot of Tavira will eventually become traffic free and people will have to park up outside of the main part of the city and walk in. There will still be parking places in the city, but very limited, especially in August!
Joao
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:36 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

The site where the monthly market is held (next to the swimming pool and on the dirt ground) will be resurfaced and used as a car park. My guess is that a lot of Tavira will eventually become traffic free and people will have to park up outside of the main part of the city and walk in. There will still be parking places in the city, but very limited, especially in August!
Joao
It's a good job we can walk in then. Mind you, there is quite a lot of parking in the backstreets near Bishop's Square that the tourists are unlikely to find.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
It's a good job we can walk in then. Mind you, there is quite a lot of parking in the backstreets near Bishop's Square that the tourists are unlikely to find.
You have got to get there first, past all the parked (double parked) cars!
Joao
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:07 pm
C'est la vie

You have got to get there first, past all the parked (double parked) cars!
Joao
Good point although we never had any problems getting parked even in August.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

xbritishexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I'm new to this forum. We bought in Pegada and finished kitting it out in April. I found this forum only today, but think it is excellent, and glad that people are sharing their experiences. And, I am glad I'm not the only one that does not know what is going on with the pool!

We bought our furniture from Dina Móveis in São Brás de Alportel (289 845567). They speak English, their showroom is excellent, and I found their prices very reasonable, especially considering the quality compared to Pago Poco and others in Olhão.

I am also happy to share a marked-up google map. of the area, including supermarkets, and that level crossing where you can walk to town.

One question for the forum -- what is the situation with a Property Managment Company? We did not buy a "luxury" apartment -- we bought from a different builder. Is it up to the builder to appoint, or is it up to the apartment building to organise?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xbritishexpat
Hello, I'm new to this forum. We bought in Pegada and finished kitting it out in April. I found this forum only today, but think it is excellent, and glad that people are sharing their experiences. And, I am glad I'm not the only one that does not know what is going on with the pool!

We bought our furniture from Dina Móveis in São Brás de Alportel (289 845567). They speak English, their showroom is excellent, and I found their prices very reasonable, especially considering the quality compared to Pago Poco and others in Olhão.

I am also happy to share a marked-up google map. of the area, including supermarkets, and that level crossing where you can walk to town.

One question for the forum -- what is the situation with a Property Managment Company? We did not buy a "luxury" apartment -- we bought from a different builder. Is it up to the builder to appoint, or is it up to the apartment building to organise?
I think you mean who is responsible for the general cleaning and servicing of the area in and around the apartment (if you have bought an apartment) rather than a Management Company. If this is the case then if the builder has not sold more than half of the apartments then he is responsible for the time being of having this "cleaning" work done. If the majority of them are sold then those people who own the apartments need to get together and source a cleaning company in the Tavira area. Pick the one that sounds the best for money and quality, and elect one person in the apartments to act as the main pioint of contact. Normally you would sign a contract for one year, so if the company does not come up to standard then you can go for another one the following year.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Joao
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the furniture store have a website by any chance?

Also. Joao you know all the answers to most questions!!!!

Christina
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think you mean who is responsible for the general cleaning and servicing of the area in and around the apartment (if you have bought an apartment) rather than a Management Company. If this is the case then if the builder has not sold more than half of the apartments then he is responsible for the time being of having this "cleaning" work done. If the majority of them are sold then those people who own the apartments need to get together and source a cleaning company in the Tavira area. Pick the one that sounds the best for money and quality, and elect one person in the apartments to act as the main pioint of contact. Normally you would sign a contract for one year, so if the company does not come up to standard then you can go for another one the following year.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Joao
P.S.
I think I was rather hasty in sending this reply. I need to explain things to you a little bit more detail.
The responsibility of the builder does in fact happen as I have stated above. Once all or more than half of the apartments have been sold it is then advisable for the occupants to appoint either a designated person within the apartment block to act as the responsible person to handle all aspects relating to the communial areas of the building or you pass this responsibility to a Condominium Company in Tavira. The company you choose to work on your behalf will then hold a meeting with all occupants of the building, preferably all together. At this meeting items will be discussed concerning the amount that each apartment owner will have to pay each month to their combined Condominum Fund held by the appointed Company. This amount varies according to the size of each appartment therefore those with one or two bedrooms will pay less then those with three, four or more. The amount you pay is held in a fund on the bank under the names of the apartment owners and it is an official document. The monies paid by you are to cover the annual maintenance of the elevator, cleaning of all communal areas such as stairways etc, repairs to anything in the communal areas like broken front door etc, and changing light bulbs, painting etc. and of course the Condominium company fee as well. When there is damage to be repaired the Condo company organise it to be done and you have no worries in trying to find local contractors etc. The builder does have his responsibility of the building as well which covers the structure and this is for 5 years. You will have to get everyone together and see which route you wish to take but if none of you are fluent in Portuguese then I highly recommend you go with a proper Condo company.
Joao
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chriswoods
Does the furniture store have a website by any chance?

Also. Joao you know all the answers to most questions!!!!

Christina
Hi Christina,

Unfortunately they do not have a website. If you want, I can send you pictures of some of the stuff that I have.

Jamie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

P.S.
I think I was rather hasty in sending this reply. I need to explain things to you a little bit more detail.
The responsibility of the builder does in fact happen as I have stated above. Once all or more than half of the apartments have been sold it is then advisable for the occupants to appoint either a designated person within the apartment block to act as the responsible person to handle all aspects relating to the communial areas of the building or you pass this responsibility to a Condominium Company in Tavira. The company you choose to work on your behalf will then hold a meeting with all occupants of the building, preferably all together. At this meeting items will be discussed concerning the amount that each apartment owner will have to pay each month to their combined Condominum Fund held by the appointed Company. This amount varies according to the size of each appartment therefore those with one or two bedrooms will pay less then those with three, four or more. The amount you pay is held in a fund on the bank under the names of the apartment owners and it is an official document. The monies paid by you are to cover the annual maintenance of the elevator, cleaning of all communal areas such as stairways etc, repairs to anything in the communal areas like broken front door etc, and changing light bulbs, painting etc. and of course the Condominium company fee as well. When there is damage to be repaired the Condo company organise it to be done and you have no worries in trying to find local contractors etc. The builder does have his responsibility of the building as well which covers the structure and this is for 5 years. You will have to get everyone together and see which route you wish to take but if none of you are fluent in Portuguese then I highly recommend you go with a proper Condo company.
Joao
Thanks Joao,

That's excellent information. Much appreciaed. Do you know of any Condominium Company in Tavira?

Jamie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Joao,

That's excellent information. Much appreciaed. Do you know of any Condominium Company in Tavira?

Jamie
There is one down by the swimming pool, there is Tavigest, there is also one just up the road from the Court building (don't know the name) but I have used that one for an apartment I had. Sorry no more info.
Joao
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

CakeMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

We completed our apartment in April and the builder looked after everything until half the block was completed. He's actually been quite good and even fixed the lift while we were in the process of sorting out the management company. Eventually he even helped to sort this out for us block and sent me the following info for the company that is now dealing with it:
24 HORAS SERV,
- Adress: Urb. Casas do Sol, lote 1 - Loja D, 8900 - 018 VILA NOVA DE CACELA.
- TEL: 00351281952824, FAX: 00351952924, e-mail: [email protected]
- The manager´s name is António Fernandes and he speaks english.

I have his mobile number too if you want me to PM it.

Ours is a two bedroom second floor apt with a roof terrace and our share comes to 33 euros per month. I have no idea if this is expensive or not but I'm happy with it.

Hope this helps,

CM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.