BERMUDA POLICE

Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Boycie414 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

hello mate
havent spoke to you before but is there any chance you could help me out with the interview stuff you had before , ive got mine next week etc , so any help you can give would be much appreciated..

cheers
Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
They are supposed to have sent a letter out to us all, but they haven't by the sounds of things. I certainly have received nothing and notified them of this. Not heard any more since then though. Have you tried calling? I was told this over the phone a couple of months ago.
hello daisy d

can you assist with any help for the interview stuff ive got mine next week etc

many thanks
Old Mar 27th 2010, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Skids
No overseas recruiting just yet and could be many more months before it starts again. Local courses are still happening and until local numbers of applicants reduce then its not looking too bright for those waiting.
hello mate
can you assist with any info on the interview process ........
struggling at the moment with any info on it..... have mine next week in london etc

many thanks
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Bob-le-ponge is an unknown quantity at this point

I cancelled my interview. Looks like economic suicide to move ot there on 76k with a familly. I asked re subsidising accomadation costs and was told to ask at interview. They didn't know. I had concerns about how post incident would be dealt with if an expat shoots a local?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

mhfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Can anyone who recently got engaged with Bermuda drop me a line? I have some questions.

I am also in need of a chinwag with anyone who is currently an AFO or SFO, I need to see if what I have in my CV is equivalent to the AFO designation.

Cheers!

Mike
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Goody407 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my Bermuda Police AFO interview last week and was told i would find out this week if i was successful or not, has anyone else who was interviewed last week heard anything yet? I'm thinking i may not have got through (fingers crossed still though).

Cheers

Goody

Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:59 am
Just Joined

sweep2112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the same position as Goody. Think they will let us know this week.

Was told start date was June 1st so will have to be soon so we can all get sorted.

Just a quick question to any of the serving Bermuda Officers.

1. Is there a housing allowance?

2. What would the shift pattern be for us afo's?
I have read some places its a 10 hour shift on 28 day pattern (what's that in days on-off???) I have also read somewhere else its 7 days on 2 days off

3. How much overtime is available and at what rate?

Does anyone on here know???

Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Skids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sweep2112
Im in the same position as Goody. Think they will let us know this week.

Was told start date was June 1st so will have to be soon so we can all get sorted.

Just a quick question to any of the serving Bermuda Officers.

1. Is there a housing allowance?

2. What would the shift pattern be for us afo's?
I have read some places its a 10 hour shift on 28 day pattern (what's that in days on-off???) I have also read somewhere else its 7 days on 2 days off

3. How much overtime is available and at what rate?

Does anyone on here know???

Thanks
1. There's a housing allowance of $350 per month (about 200 hundred quid). There's also ample single barrack type housing.

2. Not sure.

3. AFO's seem to get the lions share of O/T at the mo. Expect too much of it! Time and a half or Double time.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply Skids.

I was gonna PM you but I have to have 3 posts.

doing lots and lots of research.....BIG decision if we get the nod.

Some websites seem to go out of their way to deter expats taking the plunge.

Keeping an open mind
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply Skids.

I was gonna PM you but I have to have 3 posts.

doing lots and lots of research.....BIG decision if we get the nod.

Some websites seem to go out of their way to deter expats taking the plunge.

Keeping an open mind
That's interesting, I to am doing lots of research and things don't appear to be all that in Bermuda, however I'm keeping an open mind as there are UK officers still out there so it can't be all bad. The only concern I have is a UK Officer shooting a local, how are we going to be dealt with as Police haven't shot anyone on the Island yet, would we be hung out to dry?

Does anyone know if there is another way to get over there (if successful) without having to quit my job over here, I'm currently with the MPS.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 6:30 am
Just Joined

been informed I have the job. Think start date is June 1st. Best get things sorted here........
Old Apr 16th 2010, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

been informed I have the job. Think start date is June 1st. Best get things sorted here........
Sweep2112

Well done pal, I've heard nothing so can only assume I've not made the mark this could be due to me being an AFO only and not ARV trained which is what they were after. I wish you all the very best and have a great time out there, don't forget your suncream! If I hear I'll let you know.

Good luck

Goody
Old Apr 19th 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Ladies & Gents, its been awhile i hope everyone is well!

Right.......

I havent been on here for ages and i have still tried to keep my ear to the ground with any new recruiting information.

I have seen on here since my posts last year that although some people have gone through the whole recruting process and are awaiting start dates that some people have since applied and got interviews, is there any reason behind this as i find this a little strange?

I know Fi, Mike and a few others have been waiting for yonks to start i just didnt see why they would do that, can anyone please explain?

I did see the AFO position advertised in police review so if it is for those positions then fair enough, but it doesnt seem like it to me.

I was told by Fiona in October last year that they were looking to recruit again late April 2010 but nothing was set in stone.

Can any new people share alittle as to when they applied and how things are going so far, i dont want to be told again that ive S**t out on missing the recruiting advert.

ESTM
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:22 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ESTM
Hello Ladies & Gents, its been awhile i hope everyone is well!

is there any reason behind this as i find this a little strange?

ESTM
Welcome to the Caribbean, where things often don't make sense, and leave you scratching your head
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Just had a phone call from Fiona Miller, Bermuda Police recruitment officer, informing me i was successful in my interview for the AFO role, ill be receiving some paper work in the post very soon, it's all with the Assistant Commissioners office at present!

Whoop whoop

Just need a way to try and keep my job here in the UK aswell, anyone with ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.