Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:16 am
Just Joined

pia24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Hi I have British bf for 4yrs and we got a son he's planning to get British passport is it possible that may son born in Philippines can have a British passport since he is here when I have give birth and my son have Philippine passport already,we plan to visit UK next year,is it easy to get visit visa or its difficult because I have a son?
Old Nov 27th 2016, 6:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Probably need to show the Philippines passport departing uk or they will want to see an AR card or onward flight ticket
I know its not a new post, but thought I'd add - twodiferent issues here - use the Philippines passport when checking in to leave the Uk (with the airline) as they will want to know what your proof is that the Philippines will allow you in.
Then you use the UK passport to actually leave through UK Immigration - they neither know nor care which passport you used at check in
Old Nov 27th 2016, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pia24
Hi I have British bf for 4yrs and we got a son he's planning to get British passport is it possible that may son born in Philippines can have a British passport since he is here when I have give birth and my son have Philippine passport already,we plan to visit UK next year,is it easy to get visit visa or its difficult because I have a son?
Your son has a British father so he can claim British citizenship and be a dual passport holder. I suggest you google the requirements through the British embassy in Manila.

Presently the process is very long and many take several months, so an early start is advised.

Should travel plans be too early, then you can apply for visitor visa for both you and your son with the father as sponsor
Old Nov 27th 2016, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Hi can my boyfriend get the British passport of my son in UK?
Old Nov 27th 2016, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/

As already mentioned, it may take a LONG time for the passport to be issued, because the Philippines is considered a "high risk" country.

Be prepared for your visit visa application to be refused.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

No you need to get it in the Philippines. The process can be very long. Your son will then not need a visa but you will. Don't book anything until you have the visa in your passport. Many people are refused so it's impossible for us to say you will be successful.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply
Old Apr 7th 2017, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Yhey25 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can expadite the marriage certificate registration to the Philippines Statistics Agengency (PSA) by bringing your original Thai marriage cert yourself and have it authenticated, instead of waiting the normal 6-12 months processing time (that is if you don't mind doing the grease work or qeueing for hours on end at NSO/PSA). That's what I did with my daughter's birth certificate registration. It only took 2-3 bus days, and I got an NSO authenticated birth cert.
Originally Posted by sonny1980
Hi all,

Found this forum while googling via this thread, so just thought I'd put my question on here to make things easier. Hopefully the original poster doesn't mind.

I'm in a similar boat as my son was born in Manila, June of this year, and I'm registered on the birth certificate as his Dad, and have been living in the Philippines since April. I'm a British citizen and married my wife (his Mum) in Thailand last month.

I went through the requirements which BritInParis kindly posted and everything seemed fine to register for his British passport, however the only document it looks like well be unable to get is the CRS no.5, Advisory of marriage. From what I've read this is like a counterpart to a Cenomar to say how many times you've been married if ever before your current marriage. It looks like we need an NSO (Filipino version) of the marriage certificate to get the CRS document, which apparently is available 6 months after depositing the photocopies of the original to the Philippine embassy in Thailand (the NSO marriage certificate will be available after 6 months that is). I'd like it sooner then that as we intend on going to Ireland on a visitor visa soon, and wondered if anyone in the know, knows if the original marriage certificate, translated and authenticated version from Thailand, along with the receipt of marriage from the P.I. embassy in Thailand would suffice. I mean we had to redribbon so many of her documents in the first place in the Philippines to show she had never been married anyhow. Seems hard to get a straightforward answer from the consulate, other then apply and find out.

I know I could just pay the 80 quid and try the process and if refused so be it but I know it can take a good few months to process. Otherwise, does anyone know if I can just take our son on his Philippine passport on a visitor visa with us to Ireland? We could go a lot sooner if that's the case.

Any help or advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Kathdudette is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but I have an enquiry. Me and my current partner (British) has a son. And we're wondering if we can automatically get him a passport. We're not married. But our relationship is almost three years now. I've been troubled about this British Nationality law where it says that "the father of the child who his mother is married to would be his father".

Now I was formerly married to another British National before. We have been separated since 2013. No annulment or divorce. I am a Filipina and as I have seen on this thread a lot of you already knows that there's no divorce in the Philippines.

We're trying to process my annulment next year. My problem now is how we are going to push through with the passport application. I have seen a forum in immigrationsboard.com that their childs passport has been revoked due to the mother (non EEA national) was formerly married to an EEA national by the time of their childs birth. It is all really confusing.

Anybody who is in the same situation as I? I would be very grateful for your advice. Thank you.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you.
I dunno if your name is really Kath Dudette and whilst you have nothing to be 'sorry about' in your position it may be best not to show your real name in this thread.

Just my thoughts.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts.
1. you were not "formerly married", you still are married.
2. Is your BF named as the father on your sons birth certificate? If so that's one hurdle less.
3. UK Immigration law changed a few years ago - you need to look at this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0061496_en.pdf and the amendment http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0151615_en.pdf
4.Based on this, it seems that your son can claim British Citizenship by descent, but he cannot pass it on to any children he may have in the future.
5. The proof of paternity has been tightened by the amendment so be prepared to have DNA tests to prove your BF is the father - you have to pay for these and I think they are done in Manila. I have a friend ,(divorced in UK - 3 times!!- and unmarried here)who applied for passports for his two sons with a Filipina and they all had to go to Manila for DNA tests. no problem , he was the father and UK passports issued.
6. although divorce is not possible here, you can get divorced in another country and if the divorce is legally recognised in that country then you can apply to the Philippine courts to have it recognised here and be free to marry again. Not cheap and time consuming. Google "Are foreign divorces recognised in Philippines" for info.IMPORTANT - the divorce must be initiated by the foreign national and a petition for Judicial Recognition filed with the courts here. The Filipina CANNOT initiate the divorce.

so, it seems your son is eligible to apply for a British Passport but ultimately it is down to the case officer to determine if all the conditions are satisfied.
Note; none of the above is legal advice, just my interpretation of the current law.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need to ask your husband to divorce you. You are currently committing adultery in the Philippines which could have severe consequences should someone take an interest.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ex reg
Good luck to you.
I dunno if your name is really Kath Dudette and whilst you have nothing to be 'sorry about' in your position it may be best not to show your real name in this thread.

Just my thoughts.
Don't worry it isn't. Thanks for your concern and yes good luck indeed to me. This will be a very long stressful process to freedom.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
My thoughts.
1. you were not "formerly married", you still are married.
2. Is your BF named as the father on your sons birth certificate? If so that's one hurdle less.
3. UK Immigration law changed a few years ago - you need to look at this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0061496_en.pdf and the amendment http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0151615_en.pdf
4.Based on this, it seems that your son can claim British Citizenship by descent, but he cannot pass it on to any children he may have in the future.
5. The proof of paternity has been tightened by the amendment so be prepared to have DNA tests to prove your BF is the father - you have to pay for these and I think they are done in Manila. I have a friend ,(divorced in UK - 3 times!!- and unmarried here)who applied for passports for his two sons with a Filipina and they all had to go to Manila for DNA tests. no problem , he was the father and UK passports issued.
6. although divorce is not possible here, you can get divorced in another country and if the divorce is legally recognised in that country then you can apply to the Philippine courts to have it recognised here and be free to marry again. Not cheap and time consuming. Google "Are foreign divorces recognised in Philippines" for info.IMPORTANT - the divorce must be initiated by the foreign national and a petition for Judicial Recognition filed with the courts here. The Filipina CANNOT initiate the divorce.

so, it seems your son is eligible to apply for a British Passport but ultimately it is down to the case officer to determine if all the conditions are satisfied.
Note; none of the above is legal advice, just my interpretation of the current law.
Hi,

Yes, well I am technically married to him. Although he did mention divorce last time, but I wanred annulment. He said he doesn't have the money for that.

My current British partner's name and signature is on my son's birth certificate. As per reading the British Nationality Law we can have our son registered as BC even if we are not married since he is born after July 2006. And even though if we aren't married the thing is i think we will have difficulty with the passport. We are working on my annulment and with the divorce thing i might ask mt ex and see what he will say. Mind you If it's all adultery and that he committed it first. He is with another Filipina whom he has two children now so if in that case we will end up filing a case to each other but I don't think it will go that far.

I dont need his signature for the annulment. I can file without him knowing. He is in the UK and I am here, the jurisdiction therenis different from here.

Would they still require DNA test even though I have only met my current partner two years after my ex abandoned me? I can show proof that we were not anymore together in one house by the time I got pregnant.

I mean isn't it absurd. Having your child be a son of your ex because he was born whilst I was still married to him. It's not like it was my son's faukt that I was abandoned by my cheating ex husband and I end up meeting his biological father after two years of being separated from the ex. Someone should really rectify this law. Look into it and actually be realistic.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Yes you need to ask your husband to divorce you. You are currently committing adultery in the Philippines which could have severe consequences should someone take an interest.
Well I did ask him for annulment but he doesnt want to pay too much money. He did suggest divorce which by that time wasn't an option for me. I haven't contacted him since then. He is in the Uk and I am in the Phils. If he will try then I will countersue anyway. He abandoned me in the first place and impregnated another Filipina woman. I could have filed for bigamy to the two of them last year but I'll let karma take it's toll. I'll focus on the annulment and the rights to BC of my child. Ill deal with him later on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.