Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Sep 13th 2006, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by rickg37
Hi All

Time to get us back on the front page I think

Good luck to Mick, Sherren and family and any others looking in ready to go in October,

Tracy and I have had to take a offer for March as thanks to a couple of problems we just wouldn't have made October with our sanity in place as removals where booked for the 20th of September but then had to move back as we still hadn't had approval from NZIS so we faced our furniture leaving about five days before our flight so took the decision to put it back to March. :scared:

So how about you Robbish have you thought anymore on taking the offer and hopefully we will pick up some new contributors going next year and some good info from the crowd going over for the southern summer

Rick & Tracy
Hi Rick and Tracy

We have just received our oos, we are going to Auckland on 8th October 2007, we are in touch with Mick and Shereen as they live 4 miles up the road from us, got lots of info from them regarding school as we have 2 daughters aged 7 and 3. We are really pleased that we got Auckland, wish we were going this year but my hubby has to work 18 months notice to get his gratuity. Oos has to be sent back by 20th October. Hubby in Malaysia at the minute so they e mailed it to him.

Ann, Dean and Girls
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Hi All, Rick & Tracy - Ann & Dean - Rob

Nice to see the Thread is still alive and growing by the day, Just got back from another trip to Passport Agency in Peterborough and finally got the Kids off my Sherren's passport and £166 for the poorer two new passports for Matthew & Chloe. So the final hurdle now is to Special delivery back all paperwork and passports for inclusion of PR (Blue Stickers) and 02nd October beckons for some of us but alas not all of us. But keep your spirits up we shall all be meeting up for that BBQ 2007 and lots to catch up on and talk about. So keep the spirit of this thread going, no pun intended but its my leaving drinks for me Friday at in Sheffield last day at work, some serious work colleagues who are envious... I will drink to you all that you finally "Keep Up With The Jones's"

All the best if i don't hear from some of you for a few days but busy doing the last bits and bobs will endeavour to catch up with sometime over the next few weeks.

Mick & Sherren, family
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hi Anna

Good to see you have your oos the length of time must be good and bad though plenty of time to organise but also lots of time to look at the websites and wish the time away

Glad you have your passports sorted Mick we can imagine the stress you have had the last couple of days enjoy your leaving drinks we will have a toast for you at home as Tracy and I rejoin the great unwashed and get back to work next week

hopefully we may gain a few more contributors from people going next year to keep the thread alive

Rick & Tracy

PS for next March White wine sparkling for Tracy if possible (she is from Surrey) and steaks well done
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Anna

Good to see you have your oos the length of time must be good and bad though plenty of time to organise but also lots of time to look at the websites and wish the time away

Glad you have your passports sorted Mick we can imagine the stress you have had the last couple of days enjoy your leaving drinks we will have a toast for you at home as Tracy and I rejoin the great unwashed and get back to work next week

hopefully we may gain a few more contributors from people going next year to keep the thread alive

Rick & Tracy

PS for next March White wine sparkling for Tracy if possible (she is from Surrey) and steaks well done

Not a problem, will get the White sparkling wine in for the Surrey lass, Ann is not a typical Northerner ! I think from the last BBQ we held in Lincoln, but she will no doubt put me right on that one if I have made a complete mess of it....
I join the great unwashed for the last time and a great feeling chasing the dream that everyone else would like but are afraid to take the plunge into the unknown but that's their loss are gain !! Cannot wait to speak to you all and finally meet up for that big day in Auckland for the majority of us I think as 2007 approaches at a fast pace for even you all that are left behind for now.

So take care all of you speak again soon hopefully on the other side.

Mick, Sherren, Kids.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jonesey
Not a problem, will get the White sparkling wine in for the Surrey lass, Ann is not a typical Northerner ! I think from the last BBQ we held in Lincoln, but she will no doubt put me right on that one if I have made a complete mess of it....
I join the great unwashed for the last time and a great feeling chasing the dream that everyone else would like but are afraid to take the plunge into the unknown but that's their loss are gain !! Cannot wait to speak to you all and finally meet up for that big day in Auckland for the majority of us I think as 2007 approaches at a fast pace for even you all that are left behind for now.

So take care all of you speak again soon hopefully on the other side.

Mick, Sherren, Kids.
Hi mate

Not sure if i am or not a northerner, i originate from Grimsby something i dont normally tell people (especially if you have visited it), but have now spent 5 years in Lincoln. My theory on life is( it is not were you come from it is were you are going). Dean is still in Malaysia, read the OOS couldn't see any problems, Dean has just go to go and change his release date. Can't wait to start getting things moving. See you Saturday

Ann, Dean, Lucy and Pollyxx
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi mate

Not sure if i am or not a northerner, i originate from Grimsby something i dont normally tell people (especially if you have visited it), but have now spent 5 years in Lincoln. My theory on life is( it is not were you come from it is were you are going). Dean is still in Malaysia, read the OOS couldn't see any problems, Dean has just go to go and change his release date. Can't wait to start getting things moving. See you Saturday

Ann, Dean, Lucy and Pollyxx

Hi Ann, Dean, Lucy and Pollyxx

I say your a Northerner through and through, the girls are excited for the big day on Saturday to be able to tell all their school mates what is happening in their own little world at the moment, but reality is really sinking in for just not them but us also, the stress it bears on you the last few months really does take its toll, Sherren ended up with a good dose of tonsillitis and completely worn out with the added stress of removals and passports. But hopefully we can release a bit of stress by getting completely bladder ed, and then two weeks off work and can try and catch up and say our good bye's to all family who couldn't make the leaving party through one excuse or another.....but there loss at the end of the day.....It will be good to see in 2007 and catch up with you stragglers amongst you if you don't mind me calling you that cos I not sure what else to call you as your being left behind for a while at least.

But I assure you we will have a meet and BBQ to the ready when you all land and will make you welcome with a cold beer and white sparkling and whatever alcoholic beverage I can find at the time.

Cheers for now and see the rest at Lincoln Skellingthorpe Community Centre from 15:00hrs onward on Saturday if you want to sample a beer or two and celebrate our journey down south.

Cheers

Mick,Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie.

Old Sep 14th 2006, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Wayne270 is an unknown quantity at this point

Those guys in NZ must be psychic - I was going to send them an e-mail this weekend saying "thanks but no thanks - I can't wait forever" when what turns up in the e-mail slot? (Do you really want a clue?)
They have offered me Maintenance Wing at Auckland to enlist in May or July 07.
Anybody know what Maintenance Wing does? I thought they were all big fixed wing up there and I have been rotary for 23 years - hardly know what a herc or 757 does (except take people on ops/hoilday).
Well it looks like decision time is upon me. Going to have to have a few beers and a serious chat with the better half.
Catch up with you all soon.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Congratulations Wayne

Welcome to our world a bit of time to make a decision over a few drinks and also take in Mick & Sherrens experiences in the next few months

Regards

Rick & Tracy
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wayne270
Those guys in NZ must be psychic - I was going to send them an e-mail this weekend saying "thanks but no thanks - I can't wait forever" when what turns up in the e-mail slot? (Do you really want a clue?)
Anybody know what Maintenance Wing does? I thought they were all big fixed wing up there and I have been rotary for 23 years - hardly know what a herc or 757 does (except take people on ops/hoilday).
Well it looks like decision time is upon me. Going to have to have a few beers and a serious chat with the better half.
I'm pretty sure the RNZN SH-2Gs are based at Auckland, and maintained by the RNZAF (we have no aircraft engineers in the RNZN). So you could be on those. You might even get to go to sea!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Well done mate! Can you have a chat with my other half, I think we are gonna bang-out again! I am to start in Aug 2007 if my wife lets me!!!

Drop in wage is not going down well, but I counter with nice weather and camaraderie and more leave than Civvie street.

Help (again)

Bob
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wayne

Nice to see your back on the thread, when I did a tour of Whenuapi for a few days when contemplating a life in NZ they showed me around the hangars and most ex RAF, ARMY, NAVY chappies were working on Seasprite as far as I could see, very much a ex-pommie section and looks to be on the increase, Ann's hubbie Dean is an Avionics Tech and he will be joining in Oct07. So give some long hard thought process matey and will keep you all posted on my progress in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Mick, Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie

Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbish
Well done mate! Can you have a chat with my other half, I think we are gonna bang-out again! I am to start in Aug 2007 if my wife lets me!!!

Drop in wage is not going down well, but I counter with nice weather and camaraderie and more leave than Civvie street.

Help (again)

Bob

Hi Bob

Tell you other half of course your gonna get a drop in wage, but the long term future we set out as an agenda for us anyway as a family is to look at the long term future with population growth on the increase in UK and looking no nearer any government having a master plan to stop the process, will the future be less optimistic for our kids ? will the average median house price still out perform my salary as not being able to get back on the house market anytime soon. My understanding is with accelerated promotion and long term commitment in the RNZAF with 15 years to think about, by then my pension is guaranteed to be paid out from UK and hopefully NZ. That is my agenda and we will just have to tighten the purse strings a little and if I didnt give this a try I would be saying "What If" in the next 10 years.

Good luck matey to you and your family in your decision making.

Keep up with the Jones's for our progress

www.go-kiwi.blogspot.com

Cheers
Mick, Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie

Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Default At Last

Approval in principal at last so Tracy and I feel a big bridge has finally been crossed so perhaps we can start looking forward now

Feel slightly like a heel though as started a new job this week so already planning notice for January and its going to be hard to concentrate and learn new procedures whilst knowing at the back of my head that it doesn't really matter

But both of us over the moon tonight and looking forward now to a family get together this weekend

Still we will feel a bit sad on the 2nd Of October but know it would have been impossible to make that date and to all those going to Auckland Mick & Sherren Etc see you next year

Rick & Tracy
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: At Last

Approval in principal at last so Tracy and I feel a big bridge has finally been crossed so perhaps we can start looking forward now

Feel slightly like a heel though as started a new job this week so already planning notice for January and its going to be hard to concentrate and learn new procedures whilst knowing at the back of my head that it doesn't really matter

But both of us over the moon tonight and looking forward now to a family get together this weekend

Still we will feel a bit sad on the 2nd Of October but know it would have been impossible to make that date and to all those going to Auckland Mick & Sherren Etc see you next year

Rick & Tracy
Hi Rick & Tracy

Congrats with AIP and good luck for next year, the weeks will soon pass for all who will be on the next draft I am sure of that, Ann came across to our leaving party and a good time was had by all, I was the only one remaining sober as my works leaving party was the night before and to be totally honest enjoyed a night off the amber nectar. Now all we have left to do is the customary goodbye to all family members and look forward to the big build up to the 2 days in London and big meet with the rest of the crowd and finally the flight to our new home and new life. But we will keep you all posted with our progress along the way and will endeavour to answer all your questions you put our way. So don't forget to logon our very own blog that you too can create on www.blogger.com.

Keep up to date with our progress: www.go-kiwi.blogspot.com

All the very best to all left behind for a brief moment.

Cheers

Mick,Sherren,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 9:51 am
Duts

Dutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura aboutDutson has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

If all goes well with immigration my hubby and I should be over in NZ in Feb 07, which is fab. We have been told that his job will be at RAF Ohakia, anyone been there? When we were travelling around NZ last year we did have a brief look but obviously couldn't get on the camp. As we will prob have to move into a quarter for a while I was wondering if someone could confirm if they r as small inside as they look outside, ha.ha.

Any tips for where best to buy a car in the area, work for me etc in Plamerston North?

Such a cool site this by the way.

Shell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.