NZ$ vs £

Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZ$ vs £

Originally Posted by Paladin
Hi Kip,........

To make it simple: Lets presume the current exchange rate of USD to GBP is $2.00. If Ali takes his £100k CASH and BUYS US$ now he will have $200k. Now if the exchange rate then falls to lets say £1 = $1 over 6 months then his $200k will get him £200,000 !!! He doubled his money!!!

Dave
But we were talking of a $US crash. That example is a GB Pound crash.
If the $US crashes you get more $US, like $3 or $4 to the Pound as they are worth less.
So Ali would lose, only getting 1 GB Pound for every $3 or $4 he held.

Kip
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

As for converting house proceeds to gold, well IF I did that, there's ways and means to avoid having to cart a load of gold past NZ Customs! Offshore storage, digital gold later converted to physical with people like Goldmoney.com etc etc.

And you keep away from my luggage!!!

Dave
You have great faith in the international securities system then.
If the World goes pear-shaped do you think letting someone else hold your gold for you would be safe. Even less so digital gold.

There was a famous case in NZ where people bought gold and it was held securely in the vault of the gold trading company.
When the company was wound up and people went to collect their gold, guess what....................

there wasn't any!

Kip

PS. I can lend you a shovel

Last edited by Kippers; Apr 7th 2007 at 11:49 am. Reason: PS
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kippers
But we were talking of a $US crash. That example is a GB Pound crash.
If the $US crashes you get more $US, like $3 or $4 to the Pound as they are worth less.
So Ali would lose, only getting 1 GB Pound for every $3 or $4 he held.

Kip

Yeah I know what you mean - I was trying to explain it from a standpoint of it having already crashed and inadvertently made it look like exchanging into the crash - DOH! :curse:

You are of course EXACTLY right!! A crashing US$ would be yielding a rate which shows the £ buying more an d more US$'s!!!

My fault entirely! Talking at cross purposes and in the process getting it screwed up!

Cheers for making it clearer for eveyone Kip!! Mucho appreciated!!

Dave
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Opposition leader John Key thinks the NZ$ could reach US.80c

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4016608a6405.html

also:

Massey University economist Greg Clydesdale thinks wealthy migrants are inflating the housing market.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4018185a11.html

Kip
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
And you keep away from my luggage!!!

Dave

We have arranged to pick your luggage up with our new 'Tradme' forklift. Get yourself a taxi or whatever........, your luggage will be very safe with me.
Oh very sly!! You saw my reccie trip comments about Hamilton and figured to get your own back eh?!!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

If the World goes pear-shaped do you think letting someone else hold your gold for you would be safe. Even less so digital gold.

There was a famous case in NZ where people bought gold and it was held securely in the vault of the gold trading company.
When the company was wound up and people went to collect their gold, guess what....................

there wasn't any!

Kip

Yeah Kip, as you well know from my prior rants against governements, central banks and the international system of phony paper fiat money; I don't trust any of it further than I could kick it!!!

However, I do know James Turk that owns Goldmoney and I would be happy enough to have my stash in digital gold for a VERY brief period whilst flying to NZ!!

Dave
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:30 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Oh very sly!! You saw my reccie trip comments about Hamilton and figured to get your own back eh?!!!
No, just helping myself to your gold! It will be safe with me, so safe in fact, you will never find it again!
Does that make you a leprechaun, if you have your own pot of gold?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah Kip, as you well know from my prior rants against governements, central banks and the international system of phony paper fiat money; I don't trust any of it further than I could kick it!!!

Dave
I don't consider them rants. Just telling it like it is.

Kip
Old Apr 10th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't consider them rants. Just telling it like it is.

Kip

Now if we can just get Helen Clark to switch the NZ Dollar to 100% gold backed REAL money........... aaah we can dream!

Dave

Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

there wasn't any!

Kip

Hey Kip - have a look at these two recent articles about Gold & Silver ETF's!!! his is why I DO NOT recommend anything other than physical gold/silver in one's own possession(James Turk's Goldmoney notwithstanding!):

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1176161794.php

http://www.financialsense.com/editor...2007/0305.html

VERY interesting indeed!

Dave
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Kip - have a look at these two recent articles about Gold & Silver ETF's!!! his is why I DO NOT recommend anything other than physical gold/silver in one's own possession(James Turk's Goldmoney notwithstanding!):

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1176161794.php

http://www.financialsense.com/editor...2007/0305.html

VERY interesting indeed!

Dave
Yes, v interesting.
How to own gold without actually owning gold.
'Fiat' gold indeed.

I'm still in favour of the shovel method of storage

Good website that Financial Sense.
I was listening to an audio from it yesterday about how were all bug****d because of oil depletion.

Long discussion about oil wells and production levels but shows how we probably have less than three years before the shi* hits the fan.
More like from this year.

Matt Simmons was in NZ last year as a key-note speaker at the Governments energy conference.

http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2007/Simmons.html

It's the April 7th audio link if anyone's interested.

Kip
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, v interesting.
How to own gold without actually owning gold.
'Fiat' gold indeed.

I'm still in favour of the shovel method of storage

Good website that Financial Sense.
I was listening to an audio from it yesterday about how were all bug****d because of oil depletion.

Long discussion about oil wells and production levels but shows how we probably have less than three years before the shi* hits the fan.
More like from this year.

Matt Simmons was in NZ last year as a key-note speaker at the Governments energy conference.

http://www.financialsense.com/Experts/2007/Simmons.html

It's the April 7th audio link if anyone's interested.

Kip
Ah yes Peak Oil! Well, only idiots believe governements won't eventually force us down the nuclear energy route! They know thats their only option in their "gameplan" for the world!

So unfortunately the answer seems to be "Buy Uranium Shares" !!!
Shame ya can't buy physical Uranium!!!
Anything paper based just makes me nervous as hell these days so I haven't been in on that one - it just seems it is all coming to a head and one day in the not too distant future its going pear shaped!! Maybe the Mayans knew all along and thats why their calendars stop in 2012!! HaHa!!

I've got friends who have been on the Uranium bandwagon for 3 years now and are sitting on huge profits on their shares and I'm sure Uranium(U3O8) will be $100 very shortly and god knows how high in the coming years; theres good arguments for $1000 Uranium for sure!!(its $95, up from $20 in the last 2 years alone!!!)

I'll just keep to my game plan of trading the hell out of currencies til the system goes mental, slowly adding to the physical gold stash and then see what rises from the ashes of the forthcoming financial meltdown!! I'll either be retired stinking rich or have to find something else to trade for a living I guess! I'm hoping for the former LOL!

There's a few very good articles/opinions out there at the moment on how to bring silver & gold coinage back into a society, either physically or as 100% backing to paper currency, and theorectiaclly NZ could do it much easier than the UK, Europe or USA, with a low population and GDP, BUT there would have to be a will to do it too which just isn't there at the moment!(of course there isn't LOL!)

Of course when all hell breaks loose there's gonna be much soul searching, so maybe I'll ride in on my white horse to Helen Clarks(or whoever!) house with Rothbard & Mises books tucked under one arm and Victor Salinas Price's blueprint for using silver in the economy's currency & Hommel's gold currency plan under the other!!!

No doubt I'll get shot down before even reaching the gate by some expert sniper employed by the Illuminati Elitist Bankers though as he waves a clutch full of Amero's and shouts "Death to Sound Money! Long Live Inflation of the Money Supply and Taxing of the Peoples Purchasing Power as the Bankers get ever richer!"

.... or something along those lines!! Ugh!!!

Dave

Last edited by Paladin; Apr 10th 2007 at 12:23 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

GBPNZD low today so far $2.7074 !!!!!

Dave
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah yes Peak Oil! Well, only idiots believe governements won't eventually force us down the nuclear energy route! They know thats their only option in their "gameplan" for the world!

Dave
I don't think nuclear energy will be the solution to oil depletion. Apart from there not being enough high-grade ore to develop a large number of power stations, the economics of nuclear power don't stack up.
For example, the cost of UK's decommissioning alone is £70 billion!
And then the problem of storing waste for thousands of years. Just not feasible IMO.
Nuclear power stations take such a long time to build and we don't have the time left to do it in. And as oil depletes we probably won't have enough spare oil for construction and all the other things we need to do.......like eat.
Up the creek without a paddle

Kip
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't think nuclear energy will be the solution to oil depletion. Apart from there not being enough high-grade ore to develop a large number of power stations, the economics of nuclear power don't stack up.
For example, the cost of UK's decommissioning alone is £70 billion!
And then the problem of storing waste for thousands of years. Just not feasible IMO.
Nuclear power stations take such a long time to build and we don't have the time left to do it in. And as oil depletes we probably won't have enough spare oil for construction and all the other things we need to do.......like eat.
Up the creek without a paddle

Kip
Hi Kip!

I agree with you 100% mate! BUT, I was just writing from the standpoint of the "agenda" of our government in the UK, US and Russia, and China alone has some rediculous number of nuclear power plants under construction/planned; something like 25/88 if memory serves me correctly(check recent Uranium articles on Goldseek.com or gold-eagle.com; its in there somewhere LOL!). THIS IS why the price of uranium is going mental - there's just not enough uranium being mined to support this approach!
Problem they've got is their populations are as yet not willing to have their entire countryside covered in wind turbines or giant solar panels, ethanol production has already hiked corn prices so high the margin has been taken out of it, wave & tidal energy is in its infancy, not many places have geothermal energy(lucky NZ!); so they are quietly pursuing the nuclear route. This is why the discussions about it just won't go away and why people like Tony Blair keep resurrecting it!

Actually I feel quite excited about the prospects for NZ! At least there is some good geothermal energy available for harnessing, wind certainly is no problem, and with a coastline longer than the USA, wave & tidal have possibilities, climate is decent enough for solar power generation, and most positive of all -- they HAVE to look to these routes because they are 100% anti-nuclear which is great! They are fortunate to have only a 4 million population to support with energy which helps alot!

Of course the small population issue then also comes into play with regards to food production for self sufficiency once all hell eventually breaks loose in the northern hemisphere!! IMHO there is eventually gonna be a rush for the exits from places like UK, USA, Europe and at some point the doors to NZ & OZ will get closed to the point of a mere crack open so we are all darn lucky we got in now as the requirements to be granted PR are gonna get MUCH MUCH tougher!

Oh dear we've hijacked this thread - oops!

The GBPNZD low $2.6954 last night!!! I was expecting a bounce at $2.6925 on a double fibonacci extension converegence, with a buy order in at $2.6950 so it missed me by 4 pips!! Aaaargh! I'm expecting this bounce to stall at $2.74 at the highest and my downside target is still the $2.66 area until the UK hikes interest rates - probably at the may BOE meeting on the first Thursday in May.

Dave

Last edited by Paladin; Apr 11th 2007 at 6:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.