Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

could be spending xmas in scotland

could be spending xmas in scotland

Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:13 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could be spending xmas in scotland

Jeez, M - you never know whits round the corner, do you! Your poor mam. Hard for them at this time of year over there too.
Your doin the right thing tho. Wait till after the op,make sure her chest's good after lying in hospital for a while before they let her out! Apparently it's baltic over there just now.

Have you had the dog vaccinated yet???? Sooner the better.
You could be free to leave in 6 months time if you did.Don't hold off any longer with that one.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

latest news from bros, she has had her hip fixed and now has a chest infection (no surprise there, she smokes like a lum, is about six stone, and has a degree of heart failure), but apparently she's quite lucid (which am surprised as , as she also has the added complication of being a really bad bi-polar person
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevin747
No wish to be disrespectful but it would give you a chance to research a possible return to Scotland

I hope your mum is ok and that you find a way out of Australia
absolutely no disrespect taken, its a very practical idea.

Anyway, am seriously thinking of booking a ticket, but before that emailing a hosp to see if there is any 'theatre bank work' going
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:44 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
absolutely no disrespect taken, its a very practical idea.

Anyway, am seriously thinking of booking a ticket, but before that emailing a hosp to see if there is any 'theatre bank work' going
If you stayed in Scotland Mags, what would your hubby do?

I hope your Mum is OK, I think it will be great if you can get back to her.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
If you stayed in Scotland Mags, what would your hubby do?

I hope your Mum is OK, I think it will be great if you can get back to her.
mmmmmmmmmm, you think of all the complicated questions , dont you

Anyway thinking of going back and taking 10 year old with me, hubby wanted us all to go back , but its just not practical or affordable for us. So far my plan is to stay in scotland (who knows how long??), but to be honest if i have a REALLY strong desire to stay, i would come back to oz and stay till teen finishes year 12, but make it clear to family that i would be returning to scotland permenantly after this, but as i said , for the mo, i'll see how things go.

I am prepared to leave OH if necessary , but the kids, well thats a different thing altogether.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I am prepared to leave OH if necessary , but the kids, well thats a different thing altogether.

can't leave the pooch either
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:12 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway thinking of going back and taking 10 year old with me, hubby wanted us all to go back , but its just not practical or affordable for us. So far my plan is to stay in scotland (who knows how long??), but to be honest if i have a REALLY strong desire to stay, i would come back to oz and stay till teen finishes year 12, but make it clear to family that i would be returning to scotland permenantly after this, but as i said , for the mo, i'll see how things go.

Life is very short to be unhappy and why shouldnt you be happy? you have the right to be as much as anyone else.

Do what feels right to you Mags.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I've followed this forum for years.I think you should cut your losses as you seem to be permanently unhappy.My son will have to repeat 3rd year but i feel he''l benefit from going back.We've only been here 11 months and I've seen enough of the downsides.Are you from Blantyre?
Good luck.i hope your mum recovers. Scotland is a warmer country than Australia if you catch my drift!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
can't leave the pooch either
goes without saying, he's got some sort of feud going with a possum , its starts every night about 11pm he's also not too fond of the birds either!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Margaret, I have just read this....sending you hugs my friend. If there's anything I can do you know you only have to ask don't you (as long as it's not cash cos I don't have any )
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret, just wanted to say best wishes to you and hope your Mum's on the mend soon. Sending much love to you for your Scotland dilemma, I hope it all works out for you. Don't get stuck here like me.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:35 am
Account Closed

thanks all for the good wishes and karma, i feel like an absolute eejit, apparently she is making a (exact word from the docs), a 'miraculous recovery', mobilising round the ward, eating everything is site and looking better than she has in years, makes me laugh i gotta admit, coz i wasnt exaggerating before about her health ,but i forgot to mention her stubborn bloody personalilty, who gives into nothing, she may have drove me mad over the years but i cant fault her determination
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret,
It's great to hear she's doing so well.
Are you still planning to go visit her now?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

thanks all for the thoughtful replies.

Thanks for the info dunroving , will look into it.

am waiting a week or so to hear how the op went, my bros said he would rather i did this as he thinks it would be of more help to him and mum, to see how things are going to stand in the long term.

Poor old soul, she's very frail (about six stone), but done really well all these years, was still living a fairly independent life in her own home, going to chuch and a little social club every week

Hope all's well. Are you going back for Xmas then?