Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Black scorpion type of thing

Black scorpion type of thing

Old May 29th 2013, 3:32 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black scorpion type of thing

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Ah but then you live in a dodgy part of the US All that lime disease, mozzies, etc. I did spend two long summers at camps in CT and another in PA so I know!
This is why I stay indoors... or did until this rotten lot started on about all the bugs that lived there with me.
Old May 29th 2013, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Uh huh. I'm not eating Jerseys cake.

(ew)
That's not my cake...The Lion is trying to set me up.

Originally Posted by Nutek
This is why I stay indoors... or did until this rotten lot started on about all the bugs that lived there with me.
Old May 29th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There's one!
Old May 30th 2013, 5:58 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

You need yourself some ninja assassin bugs.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

In flagrant breach of Nutek's Legs Rule, I found one of these in my living room yesterday.

And d@mn can they shift, ..... they're the fastest pest I have ever seen, faster than a mouse on amphetamines!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 13th 2013 at 3:01 am.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In flagrant breach of Nutek's Legs Rule, I found one of these in my living room yesterday.

http://www.pestcontrolrx.com/.a/6a00...d941970c-800wi

And d@mn can they shift, ..... they're the fastest pest I have ever seen, faster than a mouse on amphetamines!
I hate those...we had them in the apartment we rented. They move like a bat out of hell. Centipedes...I seem to remember reading their fave food is roaches.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:55 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I hate those...we had them in the apartment we rented. They move like a bat out of hell. Centipedes...I seem to remember reading their fave food is roaches.
Asian centipedes at that I think. Horrible things, and they can throw their legs off to escape from stuff.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Asian centipedes at that I think. Horrible things, and they can throw their legs off to escape from stuff.
Mexican, and by the time I'd hit it with a newspaper most of its legs had come off!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That was me the first, second, third, fourth etc times I saw one. I read that once they are in your home they are very difficult to eradicate.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:23 pm

That was me the first, second, third, fourth etc times I saw one. I read that once they are in your home they are very difficult to eradicate.
The first time I saw one was in the apartment we rented in Westchester county, NY. It came under the door and it crossed the floor in a couple of seconds! I yelled "WTF was that!?!?!" To catch it I had to throw the newspaper at it, a nice substantial copy of the NY Times! .... The paper landed on target and the centipede exploded on impact.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:25 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Are they as big as, smaller than or bigger than an earwig?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The first time I saw one was in the apartment we rented in Westchester county, NY. It came under the door and it crossed the floor in a couple of seconds! I yelled "WTF was that!?!?!" To catch it I had to throw the newspaper at it, a nice substantial copy of the NY Times! .... The paper landed on target and the centipede exploded on impact.
I only ever saw them on the walls. Very difficult to swat unless you manage to throw something ahead of its path. Ahead of its path is key as they move so quickly...managed to spray a couple that way with bug killer.

Edit: I came back one night...hubby was away...and found what I thought was a lizard in the corner of the lounge. Again out came the trusty ant and roach spray...after a hit and miss spray...it crawled under the baseboard heating panel. The bug man said it would probably have been a salamander...in southern drawl he said 'If you've got one...you'll have more.' Very reassuring.

All of the above was when we were living in a ground floor rented duplex. The apartments were new construction...therefore I put it down to bugs and creatures moving in while they were being built.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 13th 2013 at 1:33 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Are they as big as, smaller than or bigger than an earwig?
Oh, a lot bigger than an earwig, the ones I have seen are 2-2.5" long! :eek
I only ever saw them on the walls. .....
They can climb walls? ..... Now I feel like Nutek, even in my house I am not safe from scary creatures!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 13th 2013 at 1:42 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:35 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, a lot bigger than an earwig, the ones I have seen are 2-2.5" long!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.