Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

brightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to allbrightonbelle is a name known to all
Default Re: Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Wheres the pics of u at the pier/seafront

See, for all we know u could still be in Amsterdam/somewhere in Europe/held somewhere by the oz border agency for daring to escape....

you say your having a fab time in Hastings .......

long may it continue
Ty
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great update Miss Boomerang! I concur with your findings - friendlier people, more activity (no crying in the shower any more LOL) and when you have the mini on the road I guarantee you will find that the drivers are considerably more courteous!!! Keep up the good work and for you for the job interview!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Well I got the car - woo hoo! Have bought a bright red Mini Cooper - half the cost of what it would be in Australia as well. I was feeling a bit anxious making such an important purchase on my own but the guy I bought it from has his own Mini business and his Mum lives in........FNQ lol! He has been to Loony Town many times - small world eh?! We had a bit of a chuckle about some Aussie stuff and went for coffee, we were chatting so much after 2 hours he said "Oh sorry, did you actually want the car?!!" We just cracked up laughing! Got it for the price I wanted too so very happy with that Picking her up on Friday, very excited!!!
I bought a bright red MINI Cooper too!!!! White roof, stripes and wing mirrors My 3rd MINI but 1st in the UK. You have fantastic taste!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
I bought a bright red MINI Cooper too!!!! White roof, stripes and wing mirrors My 3rd MINI but 1st in the UK. You have fantastic taste!!!!!
I want one too
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

kampaicharger will become famous soon enough

Good on yer Miss Betty,

Despite 44 years away for me, everything does feel familiar..

Hate cliches, but maybe home is where the heart is..
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

poppyandpeanut is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are settling back in Betty. Find it really interesting that you feel Brits are more friendlier than the Aussies. Couldnt be further from the truth for us, one of the main reasons we left the UK to be honest. we have been overwhelmed with the friendliness of the Aussies, but i guess we are in a regional area so that does make a difference.

Hope it all carries on going well for you

PP
Old Jun 8th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

So good to hear from you, MissBetty and congrats on the Mini Cooper! Now you will be whizzing around all over town.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Redgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to all

What a great update! I love reading about people's experience of good ole blighty, oh how I miss it so! And how wonderful you have a Mini Cooper, love those little cars! All the best to you!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:30 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello one and all! Thanks for your good wishes just popping in to give you my one month update - where has the time gone?!!!

Well I am currently holed up in a fantastic 15th century pub where I'm staying whilst I'm on my remote medic course. I've passed all my exams so far and have my last one tomorrow then I have two weeks of practical placements to go.

I've had a blast so far, I'm the only female and non military person on my course but the guys have made me very welcome - they take the mickey out of me everyday - I feel loved ha ha ha!!!! I have laughed so much everyday my sides hurt. The American instructor here said he was very impressed that I managed to complete and pass my CPR practical surrounded by 6 squaddies shouting out "Strewth Skippy, I think he's a bladdy gonna mate!" Very naughty of them but hilarious all the same!

The Mini is going well you'll be pleased to hear and I even enjoy my 4 hour drive down here at the start of each week. I feel so happy still every day and I'm always smiling someone said to me today "Jeez it must be exhausting being you, you're always so enthusiastic about everything but then you are an Aussie and that's what you're all like aren't you?!" Well of course I just fell about laughing as how ironic is that?!! I've never been so unhappy in my life as I was in Australia despite growing up there, earning a fortune and living near some of the most incredible beaches in the world. And the main reason for that? Rude nasty Aussies who think they are better than everyone else and constantly stab each other in the back. Didn't matter where I worked - town, coast, outback or tropics most Aussies I met were generally obnoxious, people here are so much nicer in general in my experience!!!

I actually turned down all my NHS interviews as I really just want to go freelance as I originally planned, it's a bit of a gamble but I'm feeling confident! I have two interviews lined up, one with a remote medic company and one for bank staff with an NHS Trust, I'm putting in my CV to two more companies this week as I've got all my certificates now so fingers crossed!!!

Life is still pretty good all round and I'm still finding people to be generally very nice even though I find they do moan a lot!!! At the pub where I'm staying I have made friends with everyone from the cute kitty to the locals and bar staff. Tonight I had a drink and dinner here then said my goodbyes to everyone and came upstairs to study before bed. Everyone wished me luck, the barman gave me a hug and everyone said they hoped to see me again - I just cannot ever remember feeling so relaxed and accepted as a single female in a pub anywhere in Australia - truly people are just SO nice here, I love it!

Well folks that's about it from me for tonight, I'll pop in again soon to let you know how things are going on the job front and in general but right now everything is just great and I feel so healthy - both physically and mentally. I so did the right thing for me coming back here!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jun 27th 2013 at 7:38 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:41 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Hello one and all! Thanks for your good wishes just popping in to give you my one month update - where has the time gone?!!!

Well I am currently holed up in a fantastic 15th century pub where I'm staying whilst I'm on my remote medic course. I've passed all my exams so far and have my last one tomorrow then I have two weeks of practical placements to go.

I've had a blast so far, I'm the only female and non military person on my course but the guys have made me very welcome - they take the mickey out of me everyday - I feel loved ha ha ha!!!! I have laughed so much everyday my sides hurt. The American instructor here said he was very impressed that I managed to complete and pass my CPR practical surrounded my 6 squaddies shouting out "Strewth Skippy, I think he's a bladdy gonna mate!" Very naughty of them but hilarious all the same!

The Mini is going well you'll be pleased to hear and I even enjoy my 4 hour drive down here at the start of each week. I feel so happy still every day and I'm always smiling someone said to me today "Jeez it must be exhausting being you, you're always so enthusiastic about everything but then you are an Aussie and that's what you're all like aren't you?!" Well of course I just fell about laughing as how ironic is that?!! I've never been so unhappy in my life as I was in Australia despite growing up there, earning a fortune and living near some of the most incredible beaches in the world.

I actually turned down all my NHS interviews as I really just want to go freelance as I originally planned, it's a bit of a gamble but I'm feeling confident! I have two interviews lined up, one with a remote medic company and one for bank staff with an NHS Trust, I'm putting in my CV to two more companies this week as I've got all my certificates now so fingers crossed!!!

Life is still pretty good all round and I'm still finding people to be generally very nice even though I find they do moan a lot!!! At the pub where I'm staying I have made friends with everyone from the cute kitty to the locals and bar staff. Tonight I had a drink and dinner here then said my goodbyes to everyone and came upstairs to study before bed. Everyone wished me luck, the barman gave me a hug and everyone said they hoped to see me again - I just cannot ever remember feeling so relaxed and accepted as a single female in a pub anywhere in Australia - truly people are just SO nice here, I love it!

Well folks that's about it from me for tonight, I'll pop in again soon to let you know how things are going on the job front and in general but right now everything is just great and I feel so healthy - both physically and mentally. I so did the right thing for me coming back here!!!

Miss Betty,

Brilliant to hear from you. I sense that the real you is alive and well now that you are back home. I am so pleased for you and I hope you will continue to post when you have time. Just seeing the notification that you had posted really cheered me up tonight.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:06 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Miss Betty,

Brilliant to hear from you. I sense that the real you is alive and well now that you are back home. I am so pleased for you and I hope you will continue to post when you have time. Just seeing the notification that you had posted really cheered me up tonight.
Thank you! You know I do just feel like 'me' again, the way I was before - happy, outgoing, cheerful and confident. I love spending time round my sister's too, she has a new puppy and he's just gorgeous - cant stop cuddling him!

My Mum and Dad are still away in Europe until mid July so I haven't seen them yet but not long now and I just can't wait til they get home. It's lovely being back, I feel like I belong and, even though most people think I'm Australian to start with, people here just accept me and I don't feel like I'm on the outside looking in anymore
Old Jun 27th 2013, 9:59 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent update Miss B. (still smiling at your, 'Betty's Bar', story from a few months ago !) It really warmed the cockles of my heart - that's not a medical condition as you probably know.

I'm really glad it's so good for you. Your medical course sounds like a scream. Um, I mean great professional development opportunity of course.

Good luck for your future prospects.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

so happy for you. Glad things are going well. Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 5:42 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Im so glad it has all worked out for you, I find myself agreeing with everything you have said especially about the people. We are in a small village and everyone is so friendly and helpful and genuine, that seems to be the biggest difference that the people seem truly genuine.
It is so nice to hear people giving a REAL insight into life here. I am on another forum that seems to currently be taken over by a comedy duo obsessed with spreading misinformation about this country, sad but there you go.
Enjoy life in what is a truly wonderful country.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have got back into the swing of things really quickly! Like Chris, I can but only agree with your experiences of the friendliness and acceptance of the locals - that's been my experience back in UK too! All the best for the last exam and the new Freelance venture (I never knew there was such a thing!). Isn't it amusing when they take you for an Aussie though - I get that all the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.