Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Plans to move to Dubai!

Plans to move to Dubai!

Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans to move to Dubai!

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Well I have only been here 17 years and this is the first time I have ever heard this, not doubting you at all, but all I can say is that in my experience titles mean jack, salary does! Plus I have never ever seen a list of designations, and what is more doubt there is such a thing!
Visa titles do matter. Job titles don’t, more so if you have the visa on a crap passport.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Visa titles do matter. Job titles don’t, more so if you have the visa on a crap passport.
When does it matter????
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have only been here 17 years and this is the first time I have ever heard this, not doubting you at all, but all I can say is that in my experience titles mean jack, salary does! Plus I have never ever seen a list of designations, and what is more doubt there is such a thing!
You've been here for 17 years, well you must be right then.

List of designations: First Gate Business Services

Originally Posted by Scamp
I wouldn't give you responsibility for two push bikes
Thanks Scamp, and that's why I was only going for one with a motor. Riding two push bikes is very difficult.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Tbf, I had problems booking a meeting pass in JAFZA as my designation was not 'manager' level. I'm listed down as a software engineer lol...
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jam25mack;12393655]You've been here for 17 years, well you must be right then.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, commonly used by the lowest form of life!!

Very good a list of Job designations indicating what certificate of education is required...not a list of designations where you can have more than 1 car or anything else!!!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

In fairness, I've heard this before that titles can help etc etc.

But similarly, I've never heard of anyone having to leave because of their visa title.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
RABBI DEGREE
Imam SECONDARY
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
RABBI DEGREE
Imam SECONDARY
Immam`s can read and write????
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dubaiexile;12393658]
You've been here for 17 years, well you must be right then.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, commonly used by the lowest form of life!!

Very good a list of Job designations indicating what certificate of education is required...not a list of designations where you can have more than 1 car or anything else!!!
Owww, so by being sarcastic to your many many many years of residence (mine being only a few years in excess of 10yrs, but yet to reaching the giddy heights of 17yrs) I'm now the "lowest form of life".... Wow, well that escalated quickly! Anything else, what happens if I tell a knock knock joke? Child murderer?

As for the list, you said... and I quote "Plus I have never ever seen a list of designations, and what is more doubt there is such a thing!" That was a list of designations.... the fact they had required certificates is incidental.

As for differences between different designations, Khaleej Times (2014 so not sure if still valid) reports that certain designations are exempt from bans where others or not. Archives Clerk being one of them.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/legalvi...ctual-position

It does, however, seem that they now use profession categories now....

https://uaelabours.blogspot.ae/2016/...ategories.html
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jam25mack;12393664]

Owww, so by being sarcastic to your many many many years of residence (mine being only a few years in excess of 10yrs, but yet to reaching the giddy heights of 17yrs) I'm now the "lowest form of life".... Wow, well that escalated quickly! Anything else, what happens if I tell a knock knock joke? Child murderer?

As for the list, you said... and I quote "Plus I have never ever seen a list of designations, and what is more doubt there is such a thing!" That was a list of designations.... the fact they had required certificates is incidental.

As for differences between different designations, Khaleej Times (2014 so not sure if still valid) reports that certain designations are exempt from bans where others or not. Archives Clerk being one of them.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/legalvi...ctual-position

It does, however, seem that they now use profession categories now....

https://uaelabours.blogspot.ae/2016/...ategories.html
Where is the one that says you cannot own 2 cars and a motorbike Snowflake.

Plus I have better things to do in my life than argue semantics with you, as you always come across as combative and look for arguments when there are none...so this will be the end of topic ping pong.

The examples you have given have no bearing on the debate we were having, the ban on certain levels is not enforceable as per labour law anymore, plus you can pay to have it it removed!!

And why does me having been here 17 years such an irritant to you, very peurile!!

Bye Thrush
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

When does it matter????
When applying for visas for other countries from the UAE. Depends if you travel with work or not.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

That list isn't entirely correct, I have no degree, yet hold a title (on visa and in practice) that apparently requires one.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
When applying for visas for other countries from the UAE. Depends if you travel with work or not.
I travel all the time and have never had a problem to be honest, so nope...and Scamp has just returned from Aus without a problem as well!!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Immam`s can read and write????
Some even understand grammar.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Some even understand grammar.
Knuckles duly wrapped and at lunchtime I will write it out 100 times!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.