Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lack of Clothes - again

Lack of Clothes - again

Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:15 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Clothes - again

Originally Posted by mathematist
OOO, you said the dreaded 'M' word and English. Many poster here will think they are incompatible and that you are not truly British...

With regards to this thread, it is gradually turning into an anti-religion, anti-Islam by the posts as people are not discussing but thrashing about the Daily Mail's guide to Islam. Militant-atheists I'd say and yes, there are such people.

An article on equality and women in Islam in today's National which is a good, balanced article for people who are interested.

"However, the negative depictions of Muslim women are not phantoms. In some parts of the world women are oppressed and Islam should not be conflated with these cultural practices. Muslim women do need liberating, not from Islam but from their indigenous cultures"
Yes, there are militant atheists. The reason why they are tolerated is because they argue using logic, rather than blind faith. Many of the most militant atheists will the first to say "show me evidence of God, and I'll trust there is one; however, as me to believe on blind faith and I'll show you the door".

You won't hear that from the opposite end of the spectrum.

As for the National article, yes. The burka, niquab etc are not Islamic dress. They're Arabian bedouin dress – a cultural phenomenon.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:16 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly a weak point of you and others. I always thought that using such language is a sign of weakness in a debate.
Not much sign of a 'debate'.

Also, great to see other people's computer skills when they carefully attach some .jpg picture files. Well done, well done.
It's not difficult, the site provides a little picture icon in the top of the box when you reply. I'm sure you could manage it if you tried.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:17 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Not much sign of a 'debate'.
It's hard to strike up a debate with a brick wall too.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Again, insults after insults. I'm not going to boast by saying my points are amazing and back them up with .jpg picture files, but zero, I highly doubt it. Unless I've read all your posts, I cannot and will not make such generalisations. This by the way is something you are very good at I might add.

So you can't criticise my grammar and subsequently pick on the content that you don't like. Looks like you're the one with a chip and some shawarma on both your shoulders mate who's looking for an argument. I don't get a kick out of responding for the sake of it but when the information you've generally been brainwashed with is factually inaccurate, I am obliged to respond and clarify. Is that good enough for you Scampy?

Last post from me unless posters say something that needs to be clarified.
Insults? Christ, if you want me to insult you I will, but I've not.

I haven't criticised your grammar either.

There is a lack of content, that's my point, you've not really offered anything credible.

I've not been brainwashed, I don't have a book (as good as it may be) telling me the way to live my life and how to deal with issues, how to ask for help etc etc.

Show me where I have been factually incorrect and you'll have my full apology....fundamentally though, your opinion on things against mine, which leads down a path to nowhere.

So, I think I should probably revert to the following (and this is an insult, just so you are aware in advance);

"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So have I got this right? Mathmatist and Desert Dweller (who actually lives in Wales) think that we will all be better people if we dress in a particular way and that showing some flesh in public makes us bad people? The rest of us pretty much think that our actions are what make us decent or not and that there are rather more important issues to get het up about?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Yes, there are militant atheists. The reason why they are tolerated is because they argue using logic, rather than blind faith. Many of the most militant atheists will the first to say "show me evidence of God, and I'll trust there is one; however, as me to believe on blind faith and I'll show you the door".

You won't hear that from the opposite end of the spectrum.

As for the National article, yes. The burka, niquab etc are not Islamic dress. They're Arabian bedouin dress – a cultural phenomenon.
Show me is not always the case. Show me oxygen, show me an atom, show me the pain when you are slapped in the face etc...

Some things had to be discovered with research and effort. The fact that that something came from nothing or randomly occured is mathematically, highly unlikely if next to impossible.

Also, one last thing, the argument if religion or atheism causing the most 'damage'. I don't recall Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot being pacifists and Nobel Peace Prize winners either. Communists that forced no religion upon people. Militant or terrorist atheists in other words. Forced labour, relocation and starvation aren't good things right?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow
So have I got this right? Mathmatist and Desert Dweller (who actually lives in Wales) think that we will all be better people if we dress in a particular way and that showing some flesh in public makes us bad people? The rest of us pretty much think that our actions are what make us decent or not and that there are rather more important issues to get het up about?
If you read my earlier posts about 40 or so pages ago, I did say that the way you dress doesn't necessarily make a good person or not, but in this part of the world, how you dress does determine how you are viewed. This, you can't deny even you strongly disagree with this.

Just as many guys and gals in the western world dress to go out to a party / beach / club hoping to pull if that's their intention, the concept of overt and then covert attracting is frowned upon here like in a mall.

Yes, it goes on subtly, but out of 'public' eyes such as in hotels and bars. It's these mixed messages that are confusing many people as what one poster said previously.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:57 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Some things had to be discovered with research and effort. The fact that that something came from nothing or randomly occured is mathematically, highly unlikely if next to impossible.
One assumes you're talking creationism versus evolution. Your sentence is one often used by creationists. Not to get drawn into your 'debate' if your god made everything who/what made your god, nothing?

Also, one last thing, the argument if religion or atheism causing the most 'damage'. I don't recall Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot being pacifists and Nobel Peace Prize winners either. Communists that forced no religion upon people. Militant or terrorist atheists in other words. Forced labour, relocation and starvation aren't good things right?
Did Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot (BTW you missed out Hitler as he is normally lumped in with this group, or have you read Mein Kampf and were aware that he was a Catholic) do those things for something they didn't believe in (religion) or were they done for political ends? Myself I reckon it was the moustaches, moustaches = godless heathen atheists.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:05 am
You read these things?

Show me is not always the case. Show me oxygen, show me an atom, show me the pain when you are slapped in the face etc...
All of these have cause and effect, and therefore can be proved. Hence why they are all scientific fact, rather than theory. The existence of a higher power could be described as a scientific theory, but it would be an extremely weak one based on circumstantial evidence.

There's an interesting theory that has been doing the rounds in the scientific community for a long time, but it's never really come up above the surface because it would be so hard to prove.

Everything is made of energy, right? Now we know that energy can't be destroyed, only transferred. If it can't be destroyed, it can't have an end. If something doesn't have an end, then it's reasonable to assume that it never had a beginning.

It is beyond the ability of the human brain to comprehend something that has no beginning and no end. We need to rationalise things (which is ironically an irrational response when faced with such aspects of the universe).

One way that civilizations that lacked our understanding of the fundamental construction of the universe that was rationalising that some higher power created it all. But then you have the issue of who created him/her; and if it exists, then it will be composed of energy, which can't be destroyed or created. It just exists. See the paradox?

Communist Russia/China weren't atheist because they didn't necessarily believe in some higher power. It was atheist so that Christianity/Islam and so on wouldn't pose a threat to its power base by being able to influence the proletariat. They were perceived as part of the existing power structure of the bourgeoisie.

What you also have to realise is that evil people will do evil things. They didn't do it because they were atheist. They did it because they could, and they would have done it if they were Christian/Muslim/Buddist/Hindu/Jedi...

Last edited by auzdafluff; Jun 25th 2012 at 8:08 am.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikewot
One assumes you're talking creationism versus evolution. Your sentence is one often used by creationists. Not to get drawn into your 'debate' if your god made everything who/what made your god, nothing?

Did Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot (BTW you missed out Hitler as he is normally lumped in with this group, or have you read Mein Kampf and were aware that he was a Catholic) do those things for something they didn't believe in (religion) or were they done for political ends? Myself I reckon it was the moustaches, moustaches = godless heathen atheists.
Mikewot are you Christian by any chance? Have a look at this one!

Ahhh Christianity - The belief that a 'Cosmic Jewish Zombie' (who was his own father), can make you live forever, provided that you drink his blood and eat his flesh (Symbolically). Not forgetting, Telepathic Communication with him; believing that he is your master, in order that he can remove the sin that is in all of us! – 6,500 Years ago when the world (apparently) began, a woman was convinced (by a talking snake), to eat fruit from a magic tree! – Does this seem plausible enough?

Mmmmm and that is just one version! – What about the Jewish Zombie's Mother?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:11 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, insults after insults. I'm not going to boast by saying my points are amazing and back them up with .jpg picture files, but zero, I highly doubt it. Unless I've read all your posts, I cannot and will not make such generalisations. This by the way is something you are very good at I might add.

So you can't criticise my grammar and subsequently pick on the content that you don't like. Looks like you're the one with a chip and some shawarma on both your shoulders mate who's looking for an argument. I don't get a kick out of responding for the sake of it but when the information you've generally been brainwashed with is factually inaccurate, I am obliged to respond and clarify. Is that good enough for you Scampy?

Last post from me unless posters say something that needs to be clarified.
Now thats the funniest thing you have said yet. Who is the brainwashed one? The guy that has put up a fair and credible argument or the guy (?) that constantly contradicts himself and talks about irrelevant nonsense? And you dont make generalisations?? I dont have the time or inclination to go back through your posts and point out all the times you called western women 'Prozzie's' or Sex mad................
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Mikewot are you Christian by any chance?
I'd have thought it fairly clearly apparent that I'm not afflicted with religion Yes I've seen that one and many many more.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
It's very hard to separate Arabia from Islam...and vice versa. It is a very Arabian centric religion.

N.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

If you read my earlier posts about 40 or so pages ago, I did say that the way you dress doesn't necessarily make a good person or not, but in this part of the world, how you dress does determine how you are viewed. This, you can't deny even you strongly disagree with this.

Just as many guys and gals in the western world dress to go out to a party / beach / club hoping to pull if that's their intention, the concept of overt and then covert attracting is frowned upon here like in a mall.

Yes, it goes on subtly, but out of 'public' eyes such as in hotels and bars. It's these mixed messages that are confusing many people as what one poster said previously.
So, how should we view the local dressed conservatively in a pristine kandora in a bar, drinking whisky and subtly snogging a prostitute??
A hotel/bar is a public place sweetie.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:02 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it goes on subtly, but out of Good Muslims eyes such as in hotels and bars. It's these mixed messages that are confusing many people as what one poster said previously.
I corrected that for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.