Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Mar 13th 2016, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hi, To keep their residency visa(and all ADIA benefits active) they need to visit every 6 months.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

I've just completed the assessment day in London (at Korn Ferry). Waiting to hear now whether they will want me to come over for interviews.

Fingers crossed.

Only problem is I have also been offered another job here in London. It's a great role and more pay than now (though maybe less than ADIA). I need to decide in the next week, but won't have heard from ADIA by then, and even if I have I would still have more interviews to go. What to do...
Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

langbarb is an unknown quantity at this point

dominoman what role are you applying for at Adia, and how does it compare to the one you have been offered in London?
Old Mar 26th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by langbarb
dominoman what role are you applying for at Adia, and how does it compare to the one you have been offered in London?
The role at ADIA is a senior role in Operations.

The role at the place in London is basically the same role, but at a more influential level. I'd have a team of 8 to 10 reports in London, versus a team of one in ADIA. The role description is almost identical though.

I'm at the level now where I would expect, realistically, to make MD in the next couple of years. I'm being talked about MD at my current place, though just missed out on the list this year.

From what I'm reading here in the forums ADIA is a great place to work for the experience and the money, but I'd be giving up much chance of career advancement for the next couple of years. It would be exciting though.

Not sure what to do if I do get the call?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:37 am
Just Joined

123talk2me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Is there anybody on here that has recently taken the testing for a PA/EA position that can shine any light on what to expect?
I had a phone call interview with HR already and been invited in to take the testing but am slightly concerned on certain aspects (numerical and psychometric). Any help/advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2016, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well good news.

I got the call saying that I am being invited to Abu Dhabi for the final round of interviews.

I was told I'd be flown out business class, with my wife. First day would be a rest day. Two days of interviews and then one day of looking at accommodation.

Now I just need to select a date that works for me and for them.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should expect for the interviews?
Old Apr 12th 2016, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Fayvir is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure specifically who you would meet but when I went, I met like 10 people a day. Back to back, you eat lunch with someone too so they don't waste time. All the people are from different departments, some from your potential team, some from teams you might be working with, and some that you might not ever interact with but still wants to see if you are a good fit for the company.

Good luck

Originally Posted by dominoman
Well good news.

I got the call saying that I am being invited to Abu Dhabi for the final round of interviews.

I was told I'd be flown out business class, with my wife. First day would be a rest day. Two days of interviews and then one day of looking at accommodation.

Now I just need to select a date that works for me and for them.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should expect for the interviews?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Fayvir.

What was the outcome for you?

Should I assume that the interviews in Abu Dhabi are a bit of a formality, or is it likely that there is still another candidate in the running at this point?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Fayvir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Fayvir.

What was the outcome for you?

Should I assume that the interviews in Abu Dhabi are a bit of a formality, or is it likely that there is still another candidate in the running at this point?
I think they might be considering other candidates at this point since no offer is on the table at this point but I will say that if they're willing to fly you over and put you in a nice luxury hotel, and giving you a housing tour, you're very close to getting the offer. Just be yourself and be presentable.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 10:13 am
hbk
Just Joined

hbk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you me members for your posts, it is really insightful. I am applying for a Tech Ops role and now waiting for the psychometric test. I had 4 VC interviews with different members of the Technology team over the last 2 months.

Any tips on how to prepare for the Psychometric tests will be very helpful.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

MMCMK2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I am new to this very helpful forum. Thanks to all for your posts.
I recently had an interview with ADIA with a panel of 5 people. I did not hear anything for almost a month but have now been asked to provide personal details (salary for past 3 years, marital status etc.).
My question is: Does everyone have to do these psychometric tests? I was not aware of this aspect of the interview process till I read it on here.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MMCMK - How did you apply? Direct or via an agent. If it is via an agent then ask them for full details of the process. Use them and ask them as much as you can.

If you haven't been told of any tests then you may not have to do them. Not all applications are equal. I was told at the start that I'd have one interview, then a day assessment centre that includes 3 tests, then a VC and then a visit if I got to the final stage.

You shouldn't worry about the tests if you do have them. There's not really any preparing you can do.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:23 am
Just Joined

financial.analyst is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree a bit. I found practising for the tests quite helpful especially for abstract reasoning. I used practiceaptitudetests.com. It is good for practise and to get your mind tuned for the testing. Note that the verbal section in the actual test is timed differently than in the practise test on this website. In the actual test, one has to solve 40 verbal qtns in 15 mins!!
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

MMCMK - How did you apply? Direct or via an agent. If it is via an agent then ask them for full details of the process. Use them and ask them as much as you can.

If you haven't been told of any tests then you may not have to do them. Not all applications are equal. I was told at the start that I'd have one interview, then a day assessment centre that includes 3 tests, then a VC and then a visit if I got to the final stage.

You shouldn't worry about the tests if you do have them. There's not really any preparing you can do.
Thanks Dominoman - Found out today I will have to do the assessment day
I applied through an agent so will try to get as much information as possible. Still waiting for the assessment date to be confirmed
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by financial.analyst
I disagree a bit. I found practising for the tests quite helpful especially for abstract reasoning. I used practiceaptitudetests.com. It is good for practise and to get your mind tuned for the testing. Note that the verbal section in the actual test is timed differently than in the practise test on this website. In the actual test, one has to solve 40 verbal qtns in 15 mins!!
Hello financial.analyst - thanks for this.
Can I ask - did you buy the full package on practiceaptitudetests.com or are the samples sufficient? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.