Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Had to bump the thread to report that my biometrics have been scheduled for April 19th! Got the letter on Friday. This seems to be going way quicker than my I-751 did.

Hope the weather's nice, I might make it a full day off work and not just the morning . . .
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Had to bump the thread to report that my biometrics have been scheduled for April 19th! Got the letter on Friday. This seems to be going way quicker than my I-751 did.

Hope the weather's nice, I might make it a full day off work and not just the morning . . .
Great hopefuly you are in and out in 10mins like I was!
Will you be going to Napperville!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Great hopefuly you are in and out in 10mins like I was!
Will you be going to Napperville!
I'll be going to Waukegan, probably because I live in the far northern 'burbs. It's only a half hour drive in traffic at the most though, which is nice.

Last time I was there I was in and out in no time. Was a bloody nice day that day as well if I remember correctly.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be going to Waukegan, probably because I live in the far northern 'burbs. It's only a half hour drive in traffic at the most though, which is nice.

Last time I was there I was in and out in no time. Was a bloody nice day that day as well if I remember correctly.
We are lucky as well, my Biometrics office is right in town 6 miles aways, I feel sorry for folk that have to take a day off work and travel for hours poor sods.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:14 pm
I have a comma problem

We are lucky as well, my Biometrics office is right in town 6 miles aways, I feel sorry for folk that have to take a day off work and travel for hours poor sods.
Yeah, I've read a couple of posts where people have insane distances to travel to get theirs. Even if I had to go to the Naperville office, it is only an hour's drive for me.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Great news! You are lucky-we're one of the ones who have to drive and overnight for everything
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

bobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud of

Bloody fathermakers, I just noticed today they spelt my last name wrong! I called and they said it would be 45 days to correct it! Still haven't heard about my biometrics!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flagirl
Great news! You are lucky-we're one of the ones who have to drive and overnight for everything
Our USCIS office is 5 minutes drive from my office. I got lost while looking for my children's gymnastics centre, and found myself turning around in the Homeland Security building carpark and going 'Ohhh so THAT's where it is.' Then scarpered quick. Why does the sight of an official building make me feel guilty when I have done nothing wrong?!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by kins
Our USCIS office is 5 minutes drive from my office. I got lost while looking for my children's gymnastics centre, and found myself turning around in the Homeland Security building carpark and going 'Ohhh so THAT's where it is.' Then scarpered quick. Why does the sight of an official building make me feel guilty when I have done nothing wrong?!
Same as when you have a cop behind you, weird isn't it!!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

bobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud ofbobcat squarepants has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=bobcat squarepants;8473783]Bloody fathermakers, I just noticed today they spelt my last name wrong! I called and they said it would be 45 days to correct it! Still haven't heard about my biometrics![/QUOTE

Got an email today saying my name has been corrected, makes me feel better
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:35 pm

I got a email alert this morning via text message so I checked my online status and!!

Next step "Your case has been transfered to your local office, and an interview will be scheduled you will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time"

It also says at the the bottom 'Not every applicant will require an interview, in some instances an interview is required by regulation and others an interview an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility"

I always thought that for Naturalization a interview was mandatory
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Next step "Your case has been transfered to your local office, and an interview will be scheduled you will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time"
So about now you should be able to answer all 100 questions and average 98% or do you still need to study?

Standard form which they print on interview is required for naturalization.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
So about now you should be able to answer all 100 questions and average 98% or do you still need to study?

Standard form which they print on interview is required for naturalization.
Actually Yes I have the CD playing in the car every day for a few hours, I think I have probably 3 questions/answers that I need to really get my head around...my problem is I freeze when put on the spot with questions.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 5:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I got a email alert this morning via text message so I checked my online status and!!

It also says at the the bottom 'Not every applicant will require an interview, in some instances an interview is required by regulation and others an interview an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility"

I always thought that for Naturalization a interview was mandatory
Eeeeeeeeee!!!!
That's quick.

That para you're asking about could apply to people (children) who acquire citizenship by other than their own naturalization.
You, you need an interview. We're not sure about you yet.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Eeeeeeeeee!!!!
That's quick.

That para you're asking about could apply to people (children) who acquire citizenship by other than their own naturalization.
You, you need an interview. We're not sure about you yet.
Yes I was a bit surprised thought it would be another month before I heard anything, and even more shocked that it was updated on the USCIS site and I got a text msg WOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.