Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 9th 2008, 6:58 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by TKO
Cool! My engagement party was in Kirkcaldy.

Where's the party? Can I come? My interview is on the 27th of May, so i'll be able to tell you both all about it. Till I get ridiculously drunk and start stripping of course.

So i'll see you there??
Hi! It's in Carnoustie! Also for anyone who has sent an email to the embassy you will get a reply even though the email said it's deleted. My fiancee sent an email asking about interview dates on My 5th and got an answer back today saying when the interview was . Please let us know about your interview!
Old May 9th 2008, 7:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I actually fly to Scotland on June 2nd and rrive on the 3rd so I will be going to London with him. Our engagement party is in Scotland on the 7th of June!
Didn't that all work out well! Congrats on all your good news!!

I'm hoping this thread will be full of factual tips from people who have completed their interview, or from folks like you with FAQs.. sort of keeping this as a fact-gathering thread.

If there is anything anyone can contribute in that vein, please do! Knight's doing a bang up job with the wiki & this is your way to help others coming along after you.

thanks!
Old May 9th 2008, 11:42 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Didn't that all work out well! Congrats on all your good news!!

I'm hoping this thread will be full of factual tips from people who have completed their interview, or from folks like you with FAQs.. sort of keeping this as a fact-gathering thread.

If there is anything anyone can contribute in that vein, please do! Knight's doing a bang up job with the wiki & this is your way to help others coming along after you.

thanks!
Thanks! Still looking for hotels in London so if anyone knows of one please let me know. I have been on ever travel sight! We are taking a train from Arbroath to London on June 4. Not looking to stay too much on the outskirts. Paddington or Bayswater is fine.Travelodge prices have gone up! The exchange rate is killing me! Luckil I was able to use m frequent fler miles for a flight. A flight from Newark to Edinburgh is over $1000 in June! Thanks everyone for our help. Hope the interview goes ok!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym
We had our petition extended, for various personal reasons. It wasn't a problem at all.
Hi Tracy Did you attach evidence to your afidavit? It mentions attaching evidence to I156k as well but that form was sent in. Wht did you bring for proof of engagement? I'm assuming they mean photos e tickets, phone bills etc. I know your fiancce (now husband is Scottish like mine)Did they question him alot?
Old May 13th 2008, 10:09 pm

Hi we got a hotel in London for $148 US a night. The Comfort Inn Notting Hill. I thought that was pretty good for June. The prices vary on different booking sites immensly! We got this on Otel.com The same hotel on the Comfort Inns sitews $260! Anyone who has been on an interview in Londodn lately please let us know about it!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracy Did you attach evidence to your afidavit? It mentions attaching evidence to I156k as well but that form was sent in. Wht did you bring for proof of engagement? I'm assuming they mean photos e tickets, phone bills etc. I know your fiancce (now husband is Scottish like mine)Did they question him alot?
They did not question him much at all - just how did we meet (internet) and what did he do for work. The interview itself was very easy.

The proof of engagement was sent in with the petition (I-129f). Here's what I can remember that was included:

- Photos of us together over the years (date and location written on the back - friend who took some of them signed and dated the back as well).
- Copies of plane tickets/boarding passes from his visits here
- Copies of a few romantic emails and cards between us
- Copy of engagement ring receipt
- Photo of engagement ring on my hand
- Copies of wedding ring receipts (we had already purchased them)
- Photo of wedding rings

We had phone bills and stuff, but mostly talked on the webcams, so that evidence was not used.

Sorry - if you mean the affadavit of support, yes we included financial information, tax returns, my house deed, etc.

Congrats on snagging a Scot - KILT WEDDING!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 11:12 pm

They did not question him much at all - just how did we meet (internet) and what did he do for work. The interview itself was very easy.

The proof of engagement was sent in with the petition (I-129f). Here's what I can remember that was included:

- Photos of us together over the years (date and location written on the back - friend who took some of them signed and dated the back as well).
- Copies of plane tickets/boarding passes from his visits here
- Copies of a few romantic emails and cards between us
- Copy of engagement ring receipt
- Photo of engagement ring on my hand
- Copies of wedding ring receipts (we had already purchased them)
- Photo of wedding rings

We had phone bills and stuff, but mostly talked on the webcams, so that evidence was not used.

Sorry - if you mean the affadavit of support, yes we included financial information, tax returns, my house deed, etc.

Congrats on snagging a Scot - KILT WEDDING!!!
Thanks Tracy, We sent alot of stuff in with the petition as well. We didn't have to buy my ring so no receipt but we do have apiture of my fiancee proposing. When we were out to Dinner in Scotland his parents took it for the album! We met on the internet as well and he originally proposed on the phone! He didn't want to wait to see me again he had said although we hd seen each other twice at that point. I haven't seen him on 3 months and I will be in Scotland in 3 weeks. His folks are throwing us an engagement party.Thanks again for your help!
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:08 am

Hi I saw that goteamrosie mentioned that she brought xrays with her to the interview. My fiancee had them taken at the Knightsbridge doctors and they said that they forward the info to the embassy and that if he didn't hear from them that was a good thing. I hope that that is correct. She also mentioned being fingerprinted there and having to wait for approval on that. Wouldn't they have that info on my fiancee if he has been to the states on a visa waiver and his police report is clean? She mentioned that they waited for the fingerprints to be approved and I noticed no one else mentioned that. His interview is in two weeks! We are both nervous! anyone been on a recent interview?
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I saw that goteamrosie mentioned that she brought xrays with her to the interview. My fiancee had them taken at the Knightsbridge doctors and they said that they forward the info to the embassy and that if he didn't hear from them that was a good thing. I hope that that is correct. She also mentioned being fingerprinted there and having to wait for approval on that. Wouldn't they have that info on my fiancee if he has been to the states on a visa waiver and his police report is clean? She mentioned that they waited for the fingerprints to be approved and I noticed no one else mentioned that. His interview is in two weeks! We are both nervous! anyone been on a recent interview?
They fingerprint folks at various steps - even if they have before. I souldn't worry about that.

Keith was interviewed late last year - the interview was the easiest part of the process.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:29 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Yes, they do fingerprint at various stages of the process. They'll do one final check of her prints after she gives them at the interview. This is completely routine and normally takes no time. If there was a hit, though, then they'd have to resolve that before issuing the visa. I'm sure that won't happen in your case.

As you know, the medical results are sent to the consulate from the Knightsbridge doctors. The x-rays will be given to her at the interview - she'll take them over to the US with her. She can pack them in her checked baggage (it isn't necessary to carry them through immigration when entering the US).
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:40 pm

They fingerprint folks at various steps - even if they have before. I souldn't worry about that.

Keith was interviewed late last year - the interview was the easiest part of the process.
Thanks again Tracy, So what was the most difficult part of the process do you think?
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Yes, they do fingerprint at various stages of the process. They'll do one final check of her prints after she gives them at the interview. This is completely routine and normally takes no time. If there was a hit, though, then they'd have to resolve that before issuing the visa. I'm sure that won't happen in your case.

As you know, the medical results are sent to the consulate from the Knightsbridge doctors. The x-rays will be given to her at the interview - she'll take them over to the US with her. She can pack them in her checked baggage (it isn't necessary to carry them through immigration when entering the US).
Thank you!
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks again Tracy, So what was the most difficult part of the process do you think?
Just the waiting and the worrying mostly.

Keith had a little bit of medical issues, which thankfully were no problem. So just a bit of extra worrying, that's all.

I believe most London K-1s turn out fine, hopefully yours will go smoothly as well.
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just the waiting and the worrying mostly.

Keith had a little bit of medical issues, which thankfully were no problem. So just a bit of extra worrying, that's all.

I believe most London K-1s turn out fine, hopefully yours will go smoothly as well.
Ours wasn't London, but I agree with Tracy's comment. The hardest part for us was the waiting in between each step of the process. The interview turned out to be the most pleasant day of all, it was actually fun!

Rene
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:51 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Honestly the hardest part for me was the petition. Getting out of the CSC was painful! LOL.

I found the process in London to be fast and painless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.