Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:39 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Oh, and there is a new 'buzzword' doing the rounds.

'Electronic processing'

This is only on a trial by the NVC, where people can email all of their forms in pdf format to the NVC instead of snail mailing them in.

However

England is not one of them. Supposedly 4 countries are allowed to do this, Canada being one of them, not sure who the other 3 are
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brucky
HOWEVER; many people on here have suggested ringing the NVC up every day 603 334 0700 to find out the 'LND' number.
Many people are just too impatient for their own good.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:18 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Many people are just too impatient for their own good.

Ian
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can book the medical as soon as you have the LND case number.

Ian
Perhaps booking a medical when you have the 'lnd' number can be seen as progress towards emigrating.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps booking a medical when you have the 'lnd' number can be seen as progress towards emigrating.
I don't disagree... but the LND number will show up in an email or in the post. Calling day after day borders on OCD or worse, desperation. This is yet another example of why immigration becomes a burden.

Ian
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have to wait for the affidavit of support processing fee to be recognized as paid before you can pay the visa application processing fee?

Have you been sent the invoice for the visa application processing fee?

Regards, JEff

Update wise, we've paid the $88 AOS fee with the NVC, this is still showing as 'in progress' on their site. Once this is changed to 'paid', I can pay the larger $404 fee next!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:14 am
CR1 VISA

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Why do you have to wait for the affidavit of support processing fee to be recognized as paid before you can pay the visa application processing fee?

Regards, JEff
Because their website hasn't been updated yet to allow us to pay online.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, and I just found where you'd explained that in a post in another thread.

I didn't realize their system was set up to accept only one payment at a time.

Could you have paid the fees in the other order, do you know? The visa fee first and then the affidavit fee?

Regards, JEff

Because their website hasn't been updated yet to allow us to pay online.

Regards, JEff
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:31 am
CR1 VISA

Thanks, and I just found where you'd explained that in a post in another thread.

Could you have paid the fees in the other order, do you know? The visa fee first and then the affidavit fee?

Regards, JEff
Sadly not, only the $88 fee was showing first.

I don't suppose there is nothing to stop us paying by snail mail. But we'd rather pay online as it seems faster.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:41 am

Thanks again for the explanation.

Regards, JEff

Sadly not, only the $88 fee was showing first.

I don't suppose there is nothing to stop us paying by snail mail. But we'd rather pay online as it seems faster.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

The approved I-130/I-29f was received in the mail on the 21st January. The receipt said the case had been mailed to the NVC. We then received an email from the NVC on the 4th March. This email contained our 'LND' number and a couple of other numbers too.

HOWEVER; many people on here have suggested ringing the NVC up every day 603 334 0700 to find out the 'LND' number. We did not do this. It is likely that we could have found out earlier.

You will get another email at the same time, it contains a pdf of a form called 'choice of agent'. It is suggested that the USA person becomes this 'agent'

This 'choice of agent' form itself can be ignored, and the wiki I have linked to below shows an example email which you can do instead. If you want the NVC to receive the 'choice' form, you'll have to download it, print it out, fill it in, scan it back into your computer and email it in. Or use the suggested email format from here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/inde...l_DS-3032_form

The choice of agent form's official name is 'ds-3032'

When you ring the NVC number, have your USCIS number to hand the 'WAC' number. you can enter this into their automated system for updates on your case.

So, once you have the LND number, ring the Doctors up 020 7486 7822.

Making sure you have a photocopy/scan of your police certificate.

We're using this superb wiki about the NVC steps we have to take:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/inde...Package_to_NVC

Please note that the NVC need the original police certificate, the UK persons original Birth Certificate, a copy of the photo-id page from their passport, and those pesky 'american' size passport photos.

I phoned the Doctors again the next day, and I explained my situation to the receptionist, she confirmed that their website was out of date and I could indeed book my medical. All I needed was my 'LND' number from the NVC to quote to her over the phone.

My Medical is next Tuesday! I'm travelling down from Newcastle so I'm making a day of it and I'll get my 'american' size passport photo's too. There is a place ten minutes walk from the Doctors. Here is their website:

http://www.passportphoto.co.uk/
Thanks for all the info Brucky, I feel very fortunate to be following you in this process!! Its helping a lot!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Its nice to see peoples cases finally moving along and perhaps a lot could be used from here for the update on the CR-1 thread going at the moment
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Its nice to see peoples cases finally moving along and perhaps a lot could be used from here for the update on the CR-1 thread going at the moment
That's what I've been thinking..but I have a lot on right now. You guys can copy any info over to that wiki thread & we'll put it in order. I just don't have time right now.
thanks for helping.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

DreamerLis is on a distinguished road

Regards, JEff
Thats interesting because their fee site was down for about 24hrs, I couldnt get in to make the payments. I finally managed to get on there and make the payments yesterday and was able to pay them both at the same time. They were listed as paid today...which I thought was cool because I thought that was supposed to take a few days.
Thanks for the info about the doctors Brucky.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:37 pm
CR1 VISA

Email from the NVC late last night!

Selected paragraphs:

"This letter is to inform you that the NVC has concurrently received both an approved I-129F petition (for a K-3 non-immigrant visa application) and an approved I-130 immigrant visa petition (for a CR/IR immigrant visa application) filed on behalf of your spouse.

The Immigration and Nationality Act only provides for the K-3 visa classification for spouses of U.S. citizens who are awaiting approval of an I-130 immigrant visa petition or the availability of an immigrant visa. Since your I-130 immigrant visa petition has been approved and an immediate relative visa is available, it appears that your spouse may no longer qualify to be issued a K-3 visa. The NVC will send both approved petitions to the consular post where the adjudication will be made. This letter is just to give you notice as early as possible that U.S. immigration law requires processing under the immigrant visa and not the K-3 visa.

NVC will send you information on the next steps to take to process your spouse's I-130 immigrant visa petition ..."

More red-tape, and waiting we think!

Last edited by Brucky; Mar 11th 2011 at 10:39 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:41 pm
CR1 VISA

Originally Posted by DreamerLis
Thats interesting because their fee site was down for about 24hrs, I couldnt get in to make the payments. I finally managed to get on there and make the payments yesterday and was able to pay them both at the same time. They were listed as paid today...which I thought was cool because I thought that was supposed to take a few days.
Thanks for the info about the doctors Brucky.
You're welcome.

Glad you've been able to pay both fee's, but the site is still down for us to pay the $404 fee.

Maybe we can not pay the $404 fee yet because they have not yet received my Wifes financial details yet? Have you already provided the NVC with yours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.