Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:50 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Originally Posted by MeliTa
Just wanted to let you know we received our I-485 NOA yesterday. I mailed it March 3rd and it is dated as received March 4th. Notice date is March 24th.

Thanks everyone,
Melita
Congrats to you too Melita... fingers crossed that ours arrives sometime in the next few days too!

Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:04 am
Monkey

Trisha is an unknown quantity at this point

fyi: i never got an NOA or receipt for my AOS. filed Jan 2004 in Memphis. Interview tomorrow (March 29)
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:15 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trisha
fyi: i never got an NOA or receipt for my AOS. filed Jan 2004 in Memphis. Interview tomorrow (March 29)
Wow bet that must have come as a shock for you to get your interview date while still waiting for your NOA. Im hoping to get the NOA cos it would drive me crazy not to get it.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow with loads of positive thoughts. Please post how it all goes.

Goodluck
Regards Shepslady
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:15 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Talking Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Woo Hoo I am pleased to report that we got our 1st NOA for AOS in the mail today. It had a receive date of March 9 on it & notice date of March 25. Next step is another trip to Indianapolis for biometrics then just sit back, relax (who am I kidding) & wait for interview appointment.
What a wonderful day is turning out to be.... Id just rehung my NZ flag outside this morning after storing it away for the winter & then a few minutes later the post lady drops off this wonderful letter Ive been hoping would come so yes isnt today just amazing!!!

Cheers
Shepslady
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:20 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brianheart
we've recieved receipt for biometrics and fingerprinting. havent received the actual AOS receipt. my lawyer tracked it and said they received and signed for it jan. 31. of course we need it to get my wife her drivers liscense and and ID card. anyone else having the same problem?

We mailed I-130 & I-485 to Chicago Lockbox address on March 12 and it was received by USCIS on March 14. Havent received any NOA yet. Waiting.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:22 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
We mailed I-130 & I-485 to Chicago Lockbox address on March 12 and it was received by USCIS on March 14. Havent received any NOA yet. Waiting.
As you can see from my posting you are only a few days behind us in filing your AOS so Im sure you will hear something in the next few days too so cheer up & hang in there......your turn is coming!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:25 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shepslady
As you can see from my posting you are only a few days behind us in filing your AOS so Im sure you will hear something in the next few days too so cheer up & hang in there......your turn is coming!
problem is that i checked the bank account and USCIS have not cashed the fees yet, so I am a bit worried.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:28 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

problem is that i checked the bank account and USCIS have not cashed the fees yet, so I am a bit worried.
Might just be a clitch in the system & I dont think its time for you to start worrying yet!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:34 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Allow a few more days.. I don't think you should be freaking out, not yet
Good Luck!!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

n400la is an unknown quantity at this point

We mailed our I-130 & I-485 back in February, I think Feb 18, to Los Angeles DO... Since then no word from them. My wife got an Infopass appointment for today and went to ask about that. She was told that no NOA are sent from Los Angeles office. Now I am not sure whether to believe USCIS or not. Anybody got AOS receipt in LA?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:00 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by n400la
We mailed our I-130 & I-485 back in February, I think Feb 18, to Los Angeles DO... Since then no word from them. My wife got an Infopass appointment for today and went to ask about that. She was told that no NOA are sent from Los Angeles office. Now I am not sure whether to believe USCIS or not. Anybody got AOS receipt in LA?
I have never heard of anybody who didn't receice a Notification of Action
I am sorry, I wish I could be of any help but I am as puzzled as you probably are!. Good Luck and keep us updated please
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I have never heard of anybody who didn't receice a Notification of Action
I am sorry, I wish I could be of any help but I am as puzzled as you probably are!. Good Luck and keep us updated please
I never got mine, a hickup in the postal address I think, rang every month to get a copy, did get a notification that they had my change of address, the one they should have sent it to anyway, but I have the number so gave up in the end.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
I never got mine, a hickup in the postal address I think, rang every month to get a copy, did get a notification that they had my change of address, the one they should have sent it to anyway, but I have the number so gave up in the end.
I mean besides a hickup in the mail
Thanks for your help though, I am employed!! yay yay!!