Teatime Choices

Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:57 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Tylenol/Acetaminophen/Paracetamol is great for aches and pains but I've never found it any use for a headache/hangover/migraine. Ibuprofen only.
It's great when combined with codeine in an effervescent tablet. Helped down with a large Bloody Mary.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:58 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
If you were here I'd give you a jar, I'm making kimchi this afternoon. I'm going to bake the picnic shoulder I bought yesterday, but am thinking of cutting the tail end off and making your spicy pork soup. It has most of the things that go into kimchi anyway.

I had to google mandu, they look within an inch of the $5/bag pot stickers I buy occasionally.
Mandu are Korean dumplings, exactly the same as what gyozo and pot-stickers are. I love them with sesame oil and soy sauce, and of course kimchi.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:00 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Mandu are Korean dumplings, exactly the same as what gyozo and pot-stickers are. I love them with sesame oil and soy sauce, and of course kimchi.
That's an idea. There's a place up the road from me that does lovely Chinese steamed dumplings.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:01 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Opened a bottle of wine to have with dinner tonight and it was rotten. Poured it down the sink. Bigly sad, to quote the Trumpet.

Luckily had some uisge-beatha to soften the blow.
Originally Posted by Shard
Vot is dat?
Originally Posted by caretaker
The water of life, I believe.

Correct. "uisge" is the Gaelic word for water, "beath" for life.

The pronunciation of "uisge" is....
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:10 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. "uisge" is the Gaelic word for water, "beath" for life.

The pronunciation of "uisge" is....
Tapadh leat
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:25 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Shard
Tapadh leat
'S e do bheatha
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:59 pm
Lowering the tone

Bockwurst, crusty rolls, hot mustard and a couple of pints of Haake Beck.

Deutschland 6 Fort McMurray 0
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:13 pm

I see in my future a bowl of red lentil and mushroom curry. And a nice glass of water.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 9:28 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Oink
I see in my future a bowl of red lentil and mushroom curry. And a nice glass of water.
Nothing wrong with the lentil and mushroom curry, or the water. But, given the discussion on here a couple of days ago, tell her that water is uisge...
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Wieners and beans on toast.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:03 pm

Nothing wrong with the lentil and mushroom curry, or the water. But, given the discussion on here a couple of days ago, tell her that water is uisge...
She’s not home yet. I’m self-regulating.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 12:10 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
She’s not home yet. I’m self-regulating.
TMI
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The thighs are marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, Italian herb seasoning and oregano leaves, and I have some mushrooms and shallots left and a few tomatoes, and some of the good parm. I'll make Chicken a La Ciccolina.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 10:52 pm

Panago pizza due to the recommedation of Stinkypup's pup.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 8:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

An American couple are travelling through Wales, on their way they see a sign for a place called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch and decide to head there for something to eat. As they make their way there they debate the pronunciation of the town’s name. They stop for lunch and one tourist asks the cashier, “Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us?” The Cashier nods.
“Would you please pronounce where we are for us – very slowly?”
The cashier leans over the counter and says, “Buurrrrgerrrrr Kinnnnggg.”

I'm making burgers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.