Teatime Choices

Old Dec 6th 2014, 6:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Do you eat kippers for supper? I've only ever had them in the morning and curious. A google shows someone's granny used to..... I bought 2 packs in case I wanted some before Christmas.
Edit: Never mind, it's on the bending end of brunch so all good.
EDIT: What did I learn from the internet search? To save the water I poach the kippers in for stock for chowder and such.
Good night Irene.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20141206_140223.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 6th 2014 at 7:04 pm. Reason: ya ya ya
Old Dec 6th 2014, 7:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Do you eat kippers for supper? I've only ever had them in the morning and curious. A google shows someone's granny used to..... I bought 2 packs in case I wanted some before Christmas.
Edit: Never mind, it's on the bending end of brunch so all good.
EDIT: What did I learn from the internet search? To save the water I poach the kippers in for stock for chowder and such.
My granddad used to have them for tea sometimes but my nan would moan to buggery about the smell. I have them for my breakfast on Christmas morning.

I defrost them and then fry them in butter.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 7:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I defrost then poach them a bit or they're too salty then saute in butter.

"I miss the smell of fried oysters in the morning."
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20141206_143334.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 6th 2014 at 7:34 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Walleye, rice and peas. Going fishing again tomorrow and it could well be a zoo out there! I anticipate seeing hundreds of anglers where we're going, (but none exactly where we're fishing).
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Walleye, rice and peas. Going fishing again tomorrow and it could well be a zoo out there! I anticipate seeing hundreds of anglers where we're going, (but none exactly where we're fishing).
I hope you're getting lift or taking a taxi.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
I hope you're getting lift or taking a taxi.
We arrive in a motorised division. We're driving about 60 miles.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20141210_075614.jpg   Teatime Choices-20141210_092616.jpg   Teatime Choices-20141210_095554.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 13th 2014 at 12:01 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:03 am

We arrive in a motorised division. We're driving about 60 miles.
Do you have a fishing shed?
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Do you have a fishing shed?
Pop-up tents; we won't need them for the weather but to see the flasher and underwater cam better, just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-file-1.jpg   Teatime Choices-file-9.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 13th 2014 at 12:19 am.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Forget Last Mountain lake for fishing for another 10 days or so , that recent cold spell plus the full moon ruined it for a few weeks .
Back on topic , homemade Lincolnshire sausages with beans and chips tonight , and yes it was bloody lovely .
Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:54 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-moondeclination.gif  
Old Dec 13th 2014, 8:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Gonna be fish and chips tonight, we went to Collingwood again and took the big tent and camera. LML is still fishing good but today we got fewer walleyes and more good sized perch +1 burbot..
Old Dec 13th 2014, 9:02 pm

Gonna be fish and chips tonight, we went to Collingwood again and took the big tent and camera. LML is still fishing good but today we got fewer walleyes and more good sized perch +1 burbot..
I bet the walleye would be good in a meuniere sauce over a bed of garlic velvet potatoes.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 10:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I bet the walleye would be good in a meuniere sauce over a bed of garlic velvet potatoes.
Looked in the crisper and no potatoes so having a big bowl of spicy pho' and a bunch of fried perch on the side. Got to put a nice package of fish in the freezer this time too.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:54 pm

Looked in the crisper and no potatoes so having a big bowl of spicy pho' and a bunch of fried perch on the side. Got to put a nice package of fish in the freezer this time too.
Nice. I have five boxes of assorted salmon, rock fish and lings in my freezer. I have them commercially vacuum packed as that way they're less susceptible to freezer burn.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Kobasa and perogies & onions fried in butter. Soul food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.