Groceries

Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I’m off to shop later on (at Walmart...
Don't tell dbd33

Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

And this ^^^^ is why I let daughter mess about with apps and stuff and tell me if I can price match my precious cauliflower. Or Not.
Wow...Bristol certainly has looked into this a lot (polite comment).

All I know is that the app searches flyers. You have to enter your location at some point and it searches the flyers within your area. In Ottawa it searches Maxi which is a QC chain not even in Ottawa but it has the lower prices at times which I've managed to benefit from. I think it only searches the chain wide prices not individual store location time sensitive prices.

I know that Costco or Farm Boy don't price match. Real Canadian Super Store is where I've used it.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The one time I went to New France I drove into Montreal on Easter Sunday afternoon and was able to buy 6 cold Brador at the corner store cheaper than I could get a 6-pack in the liquor store in Regina.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Wow...Bristol certainly has looked into this a lot (polite comment)...

Not at all...it's just something that occurred to me. It really doesn't even need that much thought. You know, you see conditions and exclusions on these things all the time.

Shoppers DM will advertise bonus points but then it excludes prescriptions, lottery tickets, bus passes; Amazon does free delivery if over $35 but that's the pre-tax price and sometimes it's only a free delivery as a second item but only to certain first items; Other offers cannot be combined.

Then on the shelf in the store there's two sizes and one is twice the size but in a different store the bigger size isn't twice the size. Isn't all this the reason for the price per 100g label? Because people want to know?

I'm just converting that to how it may work on an app.

It's great that the app does it all for you and it's better than spending more than you have to.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Reporting back: the price-matching on chicken & eggs was easy and fast: started to pull out flyers & explain, cashier nodded & waved them away and it was done. Much easier and faster (for me) than with daughter’s app thingie.

Walmart also had 3 in-store unadvertised specials that I took advantage of: turkey (with giblets) @10$ each, Oka & St-Paulin cheese at 3/10$ (usually 5-6$ each), butter @2$/lb.

Add apples, turnip & mushrooms from the “must get rid of today” shelves as well as everything else on my list and I emerged with a month’s worth of food for 98$. That includes ‘feeding the freezer’.

On a less self-satisfied note: They’ve removed half the checkouts and replaced them with 6 self-checkout machines The staff are clearly - and rightfully - not happy & worried.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 1:47 pm
Oscar nominated

... St-Paulin cheese at 3/10$ (usually 5-6$ each)...
No fair!!! I love that stuff, just on its own with coffee.
It's almost as good as Port Salut which I used to be able to get here but can't anymore.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:49 am
Oscar nominated

In Superstore today - never seen it before.

This is an extra mature cheddar with a sweet, tangy taste. It is carefully matured for up to 18 months and made by expert cheese makers at the Taw Valley Creamery in Devon.
Loads of individual blocks by weight, different wrapping, all half price. Yummy.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 5:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

No Frills has pork shoulders on for $1/lb (bought a 10 lb'er), and family pack sausages are on sale too. I only went in for a nappa cabbage and a cucumber and daikon to make kimchi with but ended up spending about $25. They didn't have any daikon so I had to go to Wholesale Club after anyway.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:27 pm
Oscar nominated

A ridiculously cheap $5.99 lb for T-Bone steak at Superstore.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BristolUK
In Superstore today - never seen it before.
http://www.castellocheese.com/optimi...nal-mature.png

Loads of individual blocks by weight, different wrapping, all half price. Yummy.
Oh my goodness!! Heaven! Please tell me you're in BC!!
Old Nov 12th 2017, 1:24 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by hannah1001
Oh my goodness!! Heaven! Please tell me you're in BC!!
That would be lying
A google shows it has appeared in Toronto as well as Moncton.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That would be lying
A google shows it has appeared in Toronto as well as Moncton.
Arghhh! What I would give for some proper cave aged cheddar.... Godminster... hmmm. Moving from Cheddar to the land of plastic 'cheese' has been a shock!

Tickler at 1/2 price sounded too good to be true for BC.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 10:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannah1001
Arghhh! What I would give for some proper cave aged cheddar.... Godminster... hmmm. Moving from Cheddar to the land of plastic 'cheese' has been a shock!

Tickler at 1/2 price sounded too good to be true for BC.
I bought some cave aged cheddar, the Wookey Hole caves in fact which are prett cheddar you. It's delicious and I would get more but I can't remember where I bought it.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 2:33 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I bought some cave aged cheddar, the Wookey Hole caves in fact which are prett cheddar you. It's delicious and I would get more but I can't remember where I bought it.
I brought some back from Wookey last year, it was delicious and only eaten on ceremony
Old Nov 13th 2017, 2:35 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like cheese. It's really just gone off milk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.