This is frightening

Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is frightening

Originally Posted by el_richo
All ranting, joking, sarcasm, and ill-feeling aside, have you had, or thought of having, therapy to help you with these deep routed emotions?

Having read through your posts, i really think you should talk to a professional. If your emotions flow through your writing, you are not in a mentally comfortable place.
have to say I never really talk about things, a lot of people have gone through so much more than me. I never had any of my family killed or maimed, so sorry if I have ranted here, I honestly do not do that. I think want really starts me off is when people think that all catholics were supportive of the IRA and hand on heart I can say that is not the case, I suppose there is a lot of guilt even when you had nothing to do with it all, I remember working in England when 2 soldiers were murdered, I was so ashamed I did'nt want to go down to the bar, we managed a bar/restaurant at the time, and our regular, an old soldier called Albert, made my husband get me, he put his arms round me and said, "you know you did'nt do it we don't blame you" I was so humbled, is that stupid or what?? Ijust felt responsible, it was awful, anyway enough of this soppy thread, will go finish my wine, that I was going to have,
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dgjamison
have to say I never really talk about things, a lot of people have gone through so much more than me. I never had any of my family killed or maimed, so sorry if I have ranted here, I honestly do not do that.

Don't worry about it, these things are already controversial and difficult to talk about even if you don't rant about it. People pretend to be objective and impartial and distanced from it but they rarely are. And you've clearly had some tough experiences with it in your background and have seen some things first hand, so it's understandable that it raises such emotion because it's a raw nerve, it is for many people no matter what side of the conflict they were on...

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Feb 28th 2010 at 7:24 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

I suppose there is a lot of guilt even when you had nothing to do with it all, I remember working in England when 2 soldiers were murdered, I was so ashamed I did'nt want to go down to the bar, we managed a bar/restaurant at the time, and our regular, an old soldier called Albert, made my husband get me, he put his arms round me and said, "you know you did'nt do it we don't blame you" I was so humbled, is that stupid or what??

Not at all.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

well lets get to it name names??, thats what its all about, if you are not happy with someone, then it is your right to say so and if neccessary report them. I have no problem with that, my argument is I have found the modetators on this forum very one sided and am perpared to stand by that. I actually find some of them unbeliveable, its become like a little boys club, who really enjoy rubbishing people just for their opinions```` is this what this forum is all about??? Am very interested to know if I am alone in this????
The moderators on this forum follow the published rules, and respond to reported posts. If you have a problem with that I suggest you leave, or else face the consequences. Your behaviour has resulted in reported posts, and you have been warned to abide by forum rules, just as everyone else is expected to.

If you think people are responding in an abusive way, then report the posts, but be warned that people responding to your arguments with counter arguments is NOT abuse, its debate. On the other hand calling another poster names IS abusive, and wont be tollerated long. Also be aware that engaging in"hate speach" is also against the rules. If you consider that too "PC", well, Im afraid I dont make the rules, I just enforce them.

Also, be aware that discussion of the moderation in public is also against the rules, if you have an issue I STRONGLY suggest you have the common decency to approach us IN PRIVATE, because I have no compunction in enforcing that rule either.