Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:23 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by jenny g
Sorry..did i perhaps send it to testa rossa??
Sorry Jenny - I don't know what you have done with it.

Your last three posts to appear here in Italy are the last three things you have written in this thread.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by jenny g
Sorry..did i perhaps send it to testa rossa??
Nope, not guilty!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody strange is all i can say!!! The same thing happened last week also..i reckon my computer is just eating them up..its a bit like the odd sock mystery..where do they go too?? Never mind..if it happens to this letter the computer is going out in the rain!!! Well i had said, at the beginning i did ask about food deliveries..then got all the info i needed from you lot!! I joined tesco home shopping..will have it sent to my sister then the nice little van from preston will pick it up and have it sent here to Reggio emilia!! But i did in the meantime discover that M&S do international deliveries at only £5.00. So needless to say i have done half of my pressie shopping with them, lovely quality and a damm sight cheaper than here!! Since i now have four grandchildren (the youngest was born on friday) i can get so many lovely bits and peices for them there.As for the chocs i have a friend who is coming over with a party of friends to shop at the christams markets on tuesday..they will bring me 5 tins of cadburys roses!!!! Yummy..i might share them out..just have to see how generous i feel!! Sorry for all the confusion..im off to finish my ironing!! Ps what a beautiful day isnt it!!!!!!!and they say about England!! Bye for now...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:42 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You mean p**ing down! Yeah lovely!

Sorry jennyg and thanks for clarifying! Good idea re tesco, how much does it cost with the man with the van from Preston? I could do that with my sister if she doesn't have to do anything!! Lol!

M&S on-line is great! I got a pair of jeans when it first started and the cost was £12.50 to deliver but compared to the price of cheap jeans here they were still a bargain with that added on! Went to the Marble Arch store last week to get another pair - and they only had boot-cut, I wanted skinny leg (Marks skinny isn't that skinny tbh, but still nice!) so the on-line shop is actually better!
Was hoping they might be sending xmas cake - bought some of that and now it's nearly gone!!

Talking of home delivery - my boots haven't been delivered by Clarks yet to the UK address I gave them. It's a courier firm though not the post so I'm !! Problem is it's OH's office there and they shut at 5.30 and he needs to pick them up Monday to bring them here Wednesday! Why I paid for next day delivery!!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:06 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Quidco had a 10% cashback special offer all of last week. It's now down to 5%
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:10 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
You mean p**ing down! Yeah lovely!

Sorry jennyg and thanks for clarifying! Good idea re tesco, how much does it cost with the man with the van from Preston? I could do that with my sister if she doesn't have to do anything!! Lol!

M&S on-line is great! I got a pair of jeans when it first started and the cost was £12.50 to deliver but compared to the price of cheap jeans here they were still a bargain with that added on! Went to the Marble Arch store last week to get another pair - and they only had boot-cut, I wanted skinny leg (Marks skinny isn't that skinny tbh, but still nice!) so the on-line shop is actually better!
Was hoping they might be sending xmas cake - bought some of that and now it's nearly gone!!

Talking of home delivery - my boots haven't been delivered by Clarks yet to the UK address I gave them. It's a courier firm though not the post so I'm !! Problem is it's OH's office there and they shut at 5.30 and he needs to pick them up Monday to bring them here Wednesday! Why I paid for next day delivery!!!
If it's the same Preston man we use it costs £45 + £5 for one of his boxes if you need it and for an extra charge he will also pack your things. M&S xmas cake was also one of the things in my last box, but none of us really like it.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

Okay, thanks! It's something to think about. Having said that Esselunga are selling mcvitie's digestives and somewhere in Italy is a shop with their Hobnobs and fruit shortcake biccies 'cos the packet was all in Italian and had an ad on for these - you know, "liked these, then try these!" I can get the chocolate ones really easily too! They are for the Italian market too, like I say but I really like the Union Jack on the box which has Made in the UK printed on it!

Btw, never tell me the Italian postal system/courier system is crap again! Luckily I've never had any kind of problem with it. Those boots I ordered from Clarks on next day delivery to a UK address never turned up!! Rang Clarks and they can't find out until the delivery guy returns to the depot why not. My OH is supposed to be picking them up early Monday from his biz partner, whose office they were going to, to bring them here Wednesday. Not much chance now.....
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:49 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Lately our Esselunga seems to have reduced the variety of their stock and also, when comparing the in shop prices to the on-line ones I realised that the last where far higher. Shopping in person and getting it delivered isn't an option here.

Can't complain about the postal system here. Hope I'm not tempting fate, but nothing has ever gone astray. O.k. It might have gone via Singapore or Verona, USA, but it's always turned up eventually. Our latest postie is a little **** and I often have to pick things up myself, but the p.o. is only 5mins away.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:33 pm
The Original Red Head!

Really? I thought if your shop had home delivery you could do the in-store shopping too. Mine is only a small one as well. It costs the same as doing it on-line delivery wise. I have been told that about the prices before - a friend only does the delivery because she compared both and said the on-line is higher. I never checked I'll be honest but I did notice I would spend a lot more on-line so I suppose I did in a way!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:31 am
Concierge

The small esselunga near us doesn't do any sort of delivery. It comes out of the larger store on the other side of town and you need a car to get there so if we go, we might as well bring it home. Funnily, the smaller store has a better choice of fish and meat and friut etc. Being in a fairly built up area, I suppose they sell more. I think €2.99 in store for weetabix and €4.50 on line is too much.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

What????????? 2.99 x 24 weetabix..when here at Parma i spend 3.78???????? always esselunga!!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:41 am
Concierge

And I moaned at that because they put it up from €2.50! Might explain why it's more on line.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 37100
The small esselunga near us doesn't do any sort of delivery. It comes out of the larger store on the other side of town and you need a car to get there so if we go, we might as well bring it home. Funnily, the smaller store has a better choice of fish and meat and friut etc. Being in a fairly built up area, I suppose they sell more. I think €2.99 in store for weetabix and €4.50 on line is too much.
We have a huge Esselunga by us but the delivery still comes from a different one. I was really annoyed when I found because I liked the idea that the fact I wasn't driving there was my contribution to saving the planet.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:43 pm
The Original Red Head!

I've joined esselunga's fan page on Fb cos I'm a saddo!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I've joined esselunga's fan page on Fb cos I'm a saddo!
What would you like us to say to that remark???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.