Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 4th 2016, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Necaras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Necaras and lord1298, both updated!
Thanks SchnookoLoly

Good Luck lord1298!
Old Jun 5th 2016, 4:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Hi

I sent case specific Enquiry about my passport (updated my surname to married one) and after 3 weeks now got email saying they acknowledged and received my document. Nothing else.

When I log in on ecas it still says my maiden name and I am paranoid now they will give me PR on my maiden name and old passport don't know what to do, SA is not approved yet either.

Should I worry?
The "Official line" seems to be that if your COPR is issued in the incorrect name, you would need to send it back to be changed before 'landing' as a PR.

Guide 5218 - Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents

Whatever name is on your COPR (record of landing) and passport when you land will become your legal name in Canada. The chances are that CBSA officers would be quite happy to change it for you (if it was issued in your maiden name), with proof of marriage / passports etc., when you land though - but if you are concerned, it's relatively easy to change your COPR prior to landing - a bit more time consuming to have documents changed legally afterwards.

There is no requirement in Canada to change your name to your spouse's, by the way. You could just 'assume' their name, not make a legal name change.

Old Jun 8th 2016, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Canadabound1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update, I have been asked for a copy of our passports if there has been any changes and 2 new photos for each family member.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 5:36 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Wahoo, that's your passport request, aka decision made! Congrats! Updated!
Old Jun 9th 2016, 7:42 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Congrats Canadabound! they must be so close finishing Octobers pool of applicants! just waiting on an email like yours!
Old Jun 9th 2016, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Canadabound1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, can't wait, my meds run out on the 23ed of July, so it's going to be close.
Ecas still not showing dm but our agent has email them and they have replied saying that they will send out my Corp once they have received the photos.
I would like to say a BIG thank you to the people running this forum it's been very informative and has helped me remain calm over the last 11 months.
Keep up the good work guys.
I will post my last feed after landing to let you know how it goes. Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2016, 4:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canadabound1980
Yeah, can't wait, my meds run out on the 23ed of July, so it's going to be close.
Ecas still not showing dm but our agent has email them and they have replied saying that they will send out my Corp once they have received the photos.
I would like to say a BIG thank you to the people running this forum it's been very informative and has helped me remain calm over the last 11 months.
Keep up the good work guys.
I will post my last feed after landing to let you know how it goes. Thanks
it comes through quickly!

Hopefully you will continue to hang around - we have lots of other forums here, including two non-immigration ones for Canada.. now we've got you, we don't want to lose you!

Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Landed yesterday, only for a couple of days, moving properly in Dec.

Everything went very smoothly, even got my SIN issued at Toronto Airport.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingbsy
Congrats Canadabound! they must be so close finishing Octobers pool of applicants! just waiting on an email like yours!
After the request for a criminal record check from Hong Kong this has now been completed and returned to LVO Hopefully they look at my case asap and give me DM....... Fingers crossed come the **** on London don't want to be the last one from OCTOBER 2015

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 13th 2016 at 9:26 am. Reason: Adding an L to it doesn't make it better!
Old Jun 13th 2016, 9:16 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
After the request for a criminal record check from Hong Kong this has now been completed and returned to LVO Hopefully they look at my case asap and give me DM....... Fingers crossed come the **** on London don't want to be the last one from OCTOBER 2015
Bexley dont worry we are in this together still! the light is getting brighter towards the end of this tunnel!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 13th 2016 at 9:26 am. Reason: Quoted post amended
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Lol so we have got an email saying that my application is going to Warsaw VO instead of London as I assumed as I live in London for 7 yeras now

I attached guide for Western Europe as this is where I live and it said to look at where I live - but as they forwarded app to Warsaw VO I worry now that it will take ages as I didn't fill Eastern Europe guide in my app as I don't live in Poland anymore? Any ideas?
Was initially happy as it takes 11 months to go through Warsaw and 14 London but now Panicking it will take longer because I attached Western Europe guide!
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Lol so we have got an email saying that my application is going to Warsaw VO instead of London as I assumed as I live in London for 7 yeras now

I attached guide for Western Europe as this is where I live and it said to look at where I live - but as they forwarded app to Warsaw VO I worry now that it will take ages as I didn't fill Eastern Europe guide in my app as I don't live in Poland anymore? Any ideas?
Was initially happy as it takes 11 months to go through Warsaw and 14 London but now Panicking it will take longer because I attached Western Europe guide!
Ugh. Well, CIC does reserve the right to send your app to the appropriate office based on residency OR on nationality. You were correct in filling out the western europe guide, though, as the instructions do say to fill it out based on residency. Sometimes CIC changes that, though.

It's possible that they will ask you for some other forms, but if I were you I would just sit tight and wait for the request to come through. They may not ask (since you are resident in London), so there's no point stressing about it at this point. Just sit tight.

The upside is, as you say, Warsaw is faster than London, so hopefully you'll hear something from them soon.

(If it makes you feel better, you COULD send a case-specific email and just state that you had filled out Western Europe in line with the instructions based on residency, but since your app has instead gone to Warsaw as your are a Polish national, to please let you know if you need to send in any additional forms in line with the Eastern Europe package of forms but you will wait to hear further before sending anything. They may not respond, but it may put your mind at ease to drop them a line.)

I've moved you to the bottom section of the spreadsheet since you aren't being processed through London, but do stick around and keep us updated on your progress!

Best of luck and hopefully hear more from you soon!
Old Jun 13th 2016, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

CIC reserve the right to send the stage two part anywhere they have resources and have been doing so in recent months. I've known people who really cannot work out the connection to the office their application has been sent to. On the upside, I think they're unlikely to send it somewhere you don't live if they thought you would require an interview. Well, that's my theory anyway!

S
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Ugh. Well, CIC does reserve the right to send your app to the appropriate office based on residency OR on nationality. You were correct in filling out the western europe guide, though, as the instructions do say to fill it out based on residency. Sometimes CIC changes that, though.

It's possible that they will ask you for some other forms, but if I were you I would just sit tight and wait for the request to come through. They may not ask (since you are resident in London), so there's no point stressing about it at this point. Just sit tight.

The upside is, as you say, Warsaw is faster than London, so hopefully you'll hear something from them soon.

(If it makes you feel better, you COULD send a case-specific email and just state that you had filled out Western Europe in line with the instructions based on residency, but since your app has instead gone to Warsaw as your are a Polish national, to please let you know if you need to send in any additional forms in line with the Eastern Europe package of forms but you will wait to hear further before sending anything. They may not respond, but it may put your mind at ease to drop them a line.)

I've moved you to the bottom section of the spreadsheet since you aren't being processed through London, but do stick around and keep us updated on your progress!

Best of luck and hopefully hear more from you soon!

Thanks!

Might do that then. I was silly then to assume it will be London but oh well
Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Necaras is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon,

Can you please update with In Processing Date

In Process: 13th June 2016

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.