Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:48 pm
Thankful

dtkb1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hello Everyone; I have been watching this site for sometime and very much appreciate everyones advice and guidance. We are now offically waiting ... our sponsorship package arrived in Mississauga on November 10 .. Common law sponsorship.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtkb1977
Hello Everyone; I have been watching this site for sometime and very much appreciate everyones advice and guidance. We are now offically waiting ... our sponsorship package arrived in Mississauga on November 10 .. Common law sponsorship.
Need your location as well for the spreadsheet! Cheers and good luck! Welcome to the waiting game!
Old Nov 19th 2014, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Quick question re my last post, once we send another Option C form to Mississauga, does anyone know or have thoughts on whether we're looking at the original waiting period again? So will we be looking at another 48 days or so again?
Old Nov 19th 2014, 2:20 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

For sponsor approval, yes, the clock restarts.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oh that sucks especially as we sent it in the first place but looks like it's gone missing their end oh well, back the beginning we go.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:34 pm
Concierge

In MOST cases it's back to the beginning, so I'd say hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Best case, they just add in the Option C and that's that. Worst case, back to the back of the queue, but even only that adds 5-6 weeks, which is frustrating but not horrible.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

This is true, I'm staying positive. There's no reason I can see for me to be denied a visa so I guess it'll happen when it happens. I guess we should all be glad that they are so thorough!
Old Nov 20th 2014, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Over 6 weeks, no copr. Emailed them two days ago, no response.

Yet lo and behold my folks back in England send me a Christmas card and it only takes 8 days to get here. Someone needs to shake up that visa office in London because I can imagine it's full of lethargic people watching the clock all day until quitting time. They're a f***ing joke.

In the real world we have to do our work on time. Only the government can do whatever the **** they want
Old Nov 20th 2014, 1:44 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdlodge
Over 6 weeks, no copr. Emailed them two days ago, no response.

Yet lo and behold my folks back in England send me a Christmas card and it only takes 8 days to get here. Someone needs to shake up that visa office in London because I can imagine it's full of lethargic people watching the clock all day until quitting time. They're a f***ing joke.

In the real world we have to do our work on time. Only the government can do whatever the **** they want
Sorry for the short delay. But I am surprised at how fast you jump to an hominem attack without knowledge to justify your opinion. I spent many years in the visa service and can testify that visa office personnel are not the lethargic persons you describe.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received my COPR today! I ran outside to meet the mail man with no shoes or socks on in the snow. Overly excited. Hopefully heading to Buffalo tomorrow to Flagpole. Thankyou so much to everyone on here who provided such great advice and support you guys are the best.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:54 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
Received my COPR today! I ran outside to meet the mail man with no shoes or socks on in the snow. Overly excited. Hopefully heading to Buffalo tomorrow to Flagpole. Thankyou so much to everyone on here who provided such great advice and support you guys are the best.
Congrats! Make sure you check whether or not the borders etc are open in Buffalo, given the snowstorms there... not sure what the state of things are!
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congrats! Make sure you check whether or not the borders etc are open in Buffalo, given the snowstorms there... not sure what the state of things are!
Always one step ahead! Good point, I didn't even think about that. I'l have a look, hopefully the weather calms down soon.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:31 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
Congrats!!!
Old Nov 21st 2014, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

weegie is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my COPR on November 14. Hopefully heading to Niagara border today
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

weegie is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst thing has happened. My wife accidentally threw out my COPR. I have no idea how this has happened. Can anyone help with contact information. I can't find anything online.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.