Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

murraythegoldfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi All,

I'm just doing the application now, and I know it's a silly question (this process has got me questioning things I was sure I knew) but, if I run out of space when filling out a form like the place I went to school, should I just pop it on an additional piece of paper with the full name on or should I just leave off any letters that don't make the cut? I'm having trouble with writing the names of counties. For example Nottinghamshire just does not fit in the space allowed. Help!

Thank you in advance!!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

rd1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Murray the gold fish, That's funny because I had the same problem with the word Nottinghamshire! I just printed my form out and left the ones that wouldn't fit in blank, then hand wrote them.

Becki, Can you update me on the spreadsheet. I recently had a request for 2x ID sized photos, updated personal information sheet, self addressed envelope and a copy of my passport request which I have sent back to London via Canada Post registered (slowest ever! 5 days and not delivered yet!). I checked my ECAS on 27th August and it's changed to decision made. I am shocked at how quick this has been.

I assume the self addressed envelope is for the COPR? Also they still had my old mailing address in the UK even though my home address is showing my Canadian address. I have updated it again on ECAS as well as the info sheet and SAE I sent to London.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicolasta
Quick question.... how long, on average does it take between decision made and receiving COPR? I had a DM on ECAS 2 weeks ago today and still no word. My address is incorrect in ECAS, but when I sent them a case specific letting them know it was wrong they said it didn't matter as they used another database that had the correct address.
I sent them a case specific mail this morning letting them know I had not heard anything (on e-mail or regular mail), and if there was anything else they needed from me - I put my correct address in the signature as well.
Hopefully it is just my terrible mail service and I should not be worried
A similar thing with my situation except I received an email a week ago asking for 2xID photos, passport photo copy, updated information sheet and a self addressed envelope. DM status 27th Aug. The email letter had my UK mailing address even though home address was correct on ECAS. I can only assume they wouldn't send the COPR out until they received my requested stuff above. Doesn't stop you worrying though imagining it's been sent to the wrong address. Did you receive a similar request before DM? It seems it's quite random as to who receives this request.

On a side note, how do you send a case specific enquiry? The link posted on here says you can't send one due to technical difficulties.

Last edited by rd1981; Aug 29th 2014 at 3:50 pm. Reason: Using my phone = typos
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debhinds
Can you please add me to your spread sheet,sponsor application-July 4/14
sponsor approval Aug22/14
PR application sent to london-Aug 22/14.
Thank you
Added. Can you please also provide the location of the Principal Applicant where you have requested the COPR be mailed to. As you can see on the spreadsheet, we are also tracking this information to help others see how long after a decision made it takes for the COPR to arrive in different locations.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rd1981
Murray the gold fish, That's funny because I had the same problem with the word Nottinghamshire! I just printed my form out and left the ones that wouldn't fit in blank, then hand wrote them.

Becki, Can you update me on the spreadsheet. I recently had a request for 2x ID sized photos, updated personal information sheet, self addressed envelope and a copy of my passport request which I have sent back to London via Canada Post registered (slowest ever! 5 days and not delivered yet!). I checked my ECAS on 27th August and it's changed to decision made. I am shocked at how quick this has been.

I assume the self addressed envelope is for the COPR? Also they still had my old mailing address in the UK even though my home address is showing my Canadian address. I have updated it again on ECAS as well as the info sheet and SAE I sent to London.
Congratulations! That is very fast.

I never had to send a self addressed envelope for my husbands COPR. I am very curious to find out why that would have been requested. Please let us know when your COPR arrives
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:34 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Becki567
Added. Can you please also provide the location of the Principal Applicant where you have requested the COPR be mailed to. As you can see on the spreadsheet, we are also tracking this information to help others see how long after a decision made it takes for the COPR to arrive in different locations.
My husband(principle applicant) is in Liverpool,uk.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Becki567
Congratulations! That is very fast.

I never had to send a self addressed envelope for my husbands COPR. I am very curious to find out why that would have been requested. Please let us know when your COPR arrives
It is very fast indeed and it seems there is no real explanation as to why mine has gone a lot quicker. I received an email saying 'Please find attached document for your final approval and visa issuance' then the attached letter asked for passport copies etc. I'm not sure why I was asked for more photos and passport copy when I had included all this in my initial application. I'll let you know if my COPR arrives in my own envelope!!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rd1981
It is very fast indeed and it seems there is no real explanation as to why mine has gone a lot quicker. I received an email saying 'Please find attached document for your final approval and visa issuance' then the attached letter asked for passport copies etc. I'm not sure why I was asked for more photos and passport copy when I had included all this in my initial application. I'll let you know if my COPR arrives in my own envelope!!
Congratulations!

Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

yaris6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find the way they complete and finalise this applications ridiculous. I'm happy for those who are granted so quick but it begs serious questions while others are waiting to get back to work. I'm less than impressed. I'm patient but I need to go back to work lol an odd thing to say.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yaris6
I find the way they complete and finalise this applications ridiculous. I'm happy for those who are granted so quick but it begs serious questions while others are waiting to get back to work. I'm less than impressed. I'm patient but I need to go back to work lol an odd thing to say.
When did you apply?

Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Argh! Another week gone, and no SA yet. Seems that the two June applications remaining are sitting in the same pile, ha ha!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Homeward_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

This might be a silly question but how do you know if your application has been received. We sent ours to Mississauga on August 9th. It arrived according to tracking information on the 20th. Should I expect any confirmation that it has been received or do I just have to wait until a decision has been made about my sponsor applications?
Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2014, 4:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Homeward_bound
This might be a silly question but how do you know if your application has been received. We sent ours to Mississauga on August 9th. It arrived according to tracking information on the 20th. Should I expect any confirmation that it has been received or do I just have to wait until a decision has been made about my sponsor applications?
Thanks
You wait for the decision.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 6:47 am
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Well,my husbands house has sold and he will hopefully be here around xmas,entering on visitors visa with dual intent.we will wait it out here in Canada.My question is when his COPR comes in and we go to land,we are just going across to the states for the day,do we have to notify customs on the way over that when we return we are going to land? and that being said when we do come back to Canada do we tell them we are going to land or will they already be aware of this?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone explain what a 'visitor's Visa with Dual Intent' is? We may be in the same boat next year, so would like to know what it means.

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.