Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by markstimson
Great to see that many of the Jan 2013 applicants are getting processed now. Here's hoping they burn through the Feb apps in short order. 7 weeks of IEC visa left...argh! Very unlikely I'll be done and dusted by then I would have thought.
Hmmm it's tight.... but there are still quite a few from Dec/Jan who don't have... it's not impossible that you won't have yours in 7 weeks, but best not to get your hopes up. At least you aren't likely to be out of work for TOO long... 8 months processing means you should have yours around the end of October... which is about 10 weeks from now... of course I'm only guessing and going on trends!!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

In Process August 8th
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hmmm it's tight.... but there are still quite a few from Dec/Jan who don't have... it's not impossible that you won't have yours in 7 weeks, but best not to get your hopes up. At least you aren't likely to be out of work for TOO long... 8 months processing means you should have yours around the end of October... which is about 10 weeks from now... of course I'm only guessing and going on trends!!
I would be more than happy with the end of October

You're absolutely right - My hopes are firmly locked down which is the most recommended route with CIC!

There is an outside chance but the odds are firmly stacked against me. I was a boy scout so I always plan for the worst and hope the for the best. Keeps me sane in all walks of life!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markstimson
Great to see that many of the Jan 2013 applicants are getting processed now. Here's hoping they burn through the Feb apps in short order. 7 weeks of IEC visa left...argh! Very unlikely I'll be done and dusted by then I would have thought.
My application was received on 13th Febury and my case went into 'In Process' on the 12th of August (3 days ago)
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
In Process August 8th
About time!!!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

cimj is an unknown quantity at this point

What seems to be the average time for processing Spousal sponsorship in London once received with the strike still going on ? I am about to send off to sponsor my husband and am trying to guess how long it could take ...worst case scenario (based on my being accepted to sponsor)?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cimj
What seems to be the average time for processing Spousal sponsorship in London once received with the strike still going on ? I am about to send off to sponsor my husband and am trying to guess how long it could take ...worst case scenario (based on my being accepted to sponsor)?
The best advice is to check the almightly spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eVZxYVE#gid=18
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

kstreat is an unknown quantity at this point

Just seeking a bit of advice. If an application is 'in process' and you receive an email asking for something to be undated does this mean that everything else is in order or would there be a separate email for each problem?

We sent off the new police certificate last week and it was received. Any ideas on how long it would take for them to pick up our file again?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:16 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kstreat
Just seeking a bit of advice. If an application is 'in process' and you receive an email asking for something to be undated does this mean that everything else is in order or would there be a separate email for each problem?

We sent off the new police certificate last week and it was received. Any ideas on how long it would take for them to pick up our file again?

Thanks for your help.
Fairly sure they'd ask for all the extra stuff they need at once.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

idontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kstreat

Thanks for your help.
During the whole process I have had 3 separate requests for information - 3 Mondays in a row so maybe they only send emails on Mondays?.

1. They wanted confirmation that the sponsor will return to Canada with me - which they already had.

2. Payment of PR fee's

3. 2nd medical after all the fluffing around mine expired
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Canada Immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
In that case, receiving a request for updated documents and police certificates etc., is pretty standard.

If you have received an email from them I would reply to it and ask for direction on the medical and remind them that they have expired - no point in giving any reason for further delay.

Normally being asked for updated info is a good sign and indicates that your application is nearly finalised.

Received email as follow:

The medical examination can be completed at your own risk.

Instructions have been sent in a separate e-mail.

Separate email has a attachment IMM1017(Medical examination instructions).

I am not sure why they said it can be completed at own risk and also send a form to complete. Also the form(IMM1017) has my previous address.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

cimj is an unknown quantity at this point

When submitting the first of all applications, does my husband (who I am the sponsor for) have to get his medical before I submit it ? Or do they request it once processing has started and then he can get it? Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:47 pm
Concierge

Before. You submit everything together.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cimj
When submitting the first of all applications, does my husband (who I am the sponsor for) have to get his medical before I submit it ? Or do they request it once processing has started and then he can get it? Thanks
I never submitted my medical or police check as my lawyer advised me not to as they can expire, cic contacted me and requested them a few months later, I done them, they received them (i emailed to ask had they received them, to which they replied they had) a month later my case went to in process so to be honest I found waiting for the request has not delayed my application at all but ensured my medical never expired
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George1987
I never submitted my medical or police check as my lawyer advised me not to as they can expire, cic contacted me and requested them a few months later, I done them, they received them (i emailed to ask had they received them, to which they replied they had) a month later my case went to in process so to be honest I found waiting for the request has not delayed my application at all but ensured my medical never expired
You were very lucky. The document checklist and instructions are very clear, for spousal sponsorship they must be submitted at the start, and if docs are missing then the whole application is usually just returned.

I'd also assume it has delayed things, even if only by a few weeks. Just CIC sending you the letter and waiting for you to submit the missing docs will have added to the timescale.

I'm really surprised any lawyer is advising their clients to submit incomplete applications!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 16th 2013 at 10:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.